ORAS Doubles OU Great Glass Mons

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Hey guys I'm Mishimono and here is a doubles team I made pretty recently that I find pretty fun. It is a very offensive team that has a few threats but can easily wreck unprepaired teams
TEAM-

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Protect
- Ice Beam
I really like Deoxys-A as it has immediate offensive pressure and just hits super hard. This is the standard with Ice Beam as it allows you to outspeed Choice Scarf Lando-T as I have no great ways of hitting it. Psycho Boost is just for an insane amount of damage even at -2. Sperpower is to hit Kangaskhan and and steel types like Heatran, Bisharp. Protect is a good move to avoid double targets and to let opponents finish off mons.

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out
Kangaskhan is a great partner for Deoxys-A as it provides Fake Out support while Deoxys beats up fighting types like Keldeo and Terrakion. This is just the standard Jolly Kang with max Attack and Speed. Power Up-Punch is nice to get crazy offensive pressure combined with Deoxys it can just demolish teams. Return is for STAB which can do alot of nice damage even without a boost and Sucker Punch is to help pick off mons and help against faster pokemon. Lastly Fake Out is to help stop Deoxys' threats and allow Deoxys or any other mon to get free damage.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Def / 28 SpA / 152 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
Amoonguss was added mainly to provide redirection and a TR check. As this team otherwise is very fast I felt it was necessary to have a Trick Room check. This spread is Level 51's which I am not sure is the best but seems to work fine, it survives Kangaskhan Double-Edge and can 2HKO Terrakion. The moves are standard as it has Giga Drain for a little bit of damage on pokemon like Rotom-W, Keldeo and can give you a bit of recovery. Rage Powder provides redirection support for Kangaskhan, Deoxys and Bisharp mainly. Spore is a great to give other pokemon free turns. Protect is a great move on Amoonguss as it helps it avoid double targets as it can be a pretty annoying support pokemon.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect
At this point I knew I wanted a fire type and some speed control so Talonflame seemed like a good fit. This the standard Life Orb Talonflame which is great for offensive teams. Brave Bird is a spammable move that goes first and can do some solid damage with Life Orb. Flare Blitz is used for hitting annoying steel types like Bisharp, Jirachi. Tailwind is the only form of speed control and can help alot with faster pokemon. Protect is on here basically for the same reasons I listed before.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
Bisharp was added to the team as I needed a steel type and Defiant is very helpful to the rest of the team as it decreases the usage of Intimidate or you get a free +1. Knock Off is very powerful with Life Orb doing heavy damage to Cresselia (Knocking out certain variants at +1) Iron Head allows you to KO Diancie, Sylveon and do damage to Terrakion which are all easily hittable with redirection. Sucker Punch helps with Bisharps OK speed and can pick up some quick Knock Outs. Protect is here once again to allow another pokemon to switch in and avoid double targets.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect
At this time I noticed I was still kind of Heatran weak and needed a good way to hit Fire types so I added Keldeo. I opted to use Hydro Pump over Scald as it hits Lando-T harder and this team is offensive anyway :). Secret Sword is the standard move to hit Bisharp, Heatran and Ferrothorn and hits more specially defensive mons harder. Quick Guard was added as y Talonflame matchup is really bad and is useful against Kang's Fake Out. Protect is just protect and you should know by now why I have it.

Well that is the team and I noticed some threats like Talonflame, Charizard and that the team has no spread moves so those would be some changes I would probably want done.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Def / 28 SpA / 152 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Mishimono, nice team! I have been toying around with Deoxys-A as of late, so I figured I might as well try to help your team n_n

A big weakness I see on your team is opposing Talonflame. You really have nothing for it except a speed tie with your own Talonflame and/or quick guard mind games with your Keldeo, which will usually end up in your opponents favor. To beat Talonflame, I'm going to suggest making ice beam on Deo extreme speed, as it out-prioritizes brave bird and iirc ko's. But now you have a worse Lando-T match up, and to remedy this, I propose putting icy wind on keldeo in place of quick guard, as with extreme speed you can put your self into the position where you won't need quick guard. The last thing I recommend is a more standard Amoonguss spread, as it is more general purpose imo, and almost no one runs double edge Kangaskhan anyways. The analysis spread is 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD with a sassy nature, which honestly I think is fine for your team!

Those are all the suggestions I have right now! I hope you take them into consideration and try them out :D

Cool looking team :]

I would make Amoonguss Rocky Helmet because it turns it into a decent Kangaskhan switch in and that is your only one(ik it's hyper offense but still). It's also nice for breaking sashes and putting things into range for your heavy hitters. I would also change Bisharp's item to Focus Sash because it makes it a more reliable Aegislash check when it can't be OHKOed by Aegislash's partner. It also helps vs Mega-Diancie because your way to deal with that is sacrifice Talonflame to get up Tailwind or kill it with Deo-A. There is only like a 37% chance to OHKO Landorus at +1 with Life Orb(which is like the #1 reason for using LO on Bisharp) so I don't see the merit in using it.

To help out vs Sun and Talonflame I would give Deo-A Rock Slide over Ice Beam(note it only does 87-104% to bulky Zard). If you don't like the fact that it doesn't OHKO you can try out Knock Off to try and catch Aegislash which is a pretty big threat to the team, like if you have Deo-A + Kang or Amoonguss in and your opponent is in blade form he'll probably just sub up or attack if he's safety goggles and you also can Knock Off Jirachi's goggles so Amoonguss can Spore it because redirection + Kanga really gives this team trouble. Last suggestion is making Talonflame mixed with Overheat to avoid mind games with Aegislash, kills Ferrothorn without taking a crap ton of recoil, and still getting kills on things like Metagross if you are intimidated.

Well that's it hope I was helpful. Here's the Talonflame set, I'm pretty sure Hashtag came up with this spread so go him n_n

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)