oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey everyone, I'm Chloe, I'm 19 and I'm an alcoholic.

I'm just kidding, I hate beer! I do have something to talk about though. I've been around for a while now and in that time I've made a lot of friends and met a lot of cool people. I think it's time for me to quit though. It's been a whole lot of fun, I assure you. I just spend so much of my time on here. In the last few years I've had at least thirty people question if I'm ever offline.

Smogon has been my escape for the last three and a half years. It helped me combat stress and anxiety, while helping me overcome a lot of the issues I was having in my life. I relied on it too much though. So much so, that if the issues I was facing in the real world followed me onto Showdown, I'd often overreact or panic. Anyone that's been on the opposing end of that knows that I'm not a very stable person.

Despite this, I've met so many great people. I didn't know people could be so tolerant, accepting and caring of others until my experience on this website. You all taught me so much, and I'm eternally grateful for that. I achieved a lot more than I initially set out to. I made a lot more friends on here than I ever expected to. I will remember a lot of the moments I had on this website for a long time. It seems like yesterday I was laddering XY BH with five Bidoofs and posting wins on Reddit. So much has changed in so little time.

It is an understatement to say that PS was a major part of my life. There were points where it was the only thing holding it together. But now I have to move on. I'm not in such a dark place and my life is gradually getting better. I've found other more productive ways to spend my time. Of course, I'll miss so many people. I'll still come around every now and again but I won't be on anywhere near as much as I was before.

Why now? Well, I've been considering quitting for a while now, but something has happened recently that gave me the last push I needed to take initiative and resign. I hate that I'm leaving so many responsibilities, but I know this community too well to think that there isn't someone perfect for leading each of them.

I hope that I left a good impression. I truly appreciate everything you've given me. Thank you :]
21pichus - very underrated ag player, i wish you much success in your endeavours
al3xmar5 - i still remember seeing your reg don on ladder, how time flies, idk if you're still around but gl with stuff
Alexender - arekkusu-kun >////< watashi will miss kimi wa. stay safe, you're really cool.
Alore - you're an amazing person, i have no idea how hard it is for others to see this but you're truly one of the best people i've ever met and will probably ever meet. you judge yourself too harshly, and i know its hard to see what others see in you but please just trust me with this. you deserve happiness, and you'll get it one day.
Amoonguss - FOLLOW 4 FOLLOW, IF I WIN THIS YOU FOLLOW ME, FOLLOW ME ON SMOGON, dude i hope youre ok havent heard from you in a while
Ango - lost your swag ):
Aurora - wish i got to know you better, you seem pretty cool
avocado - my favourite fruit named user, stay safe!
baconbagon - ich hoffe, es geht dir gut - you're cool kid, cya around
bdov - one of the most fun builders i've seen, you're really nice too :p, good luck with everything
Betathunder - my alphathunder, continue to grow stabmons even in the off months. im sure you'll do well
Catalystic - im only slightly a weeb and hence have no interest in your anime flowcharts D:!
Chazm - mix and mega is in safe hands with you and quantum. i'm sure you two will succeed.
Chopin Alkaninoff - cool pianist and interesting user. i dont see you around much anymore but keep up the good work.
cromagnet42 - cro you're cool keep it up.
Cynara - sarah :D omg good luck with everything. everything will go amazingly. keep in touch.
DEG - dream eater gengar. i honestly don't know what i would've done without you at some points. i hope college or whatever you're doing now (WE NEVER TALK) is going well. continue to grow 1v1, i never meant to hold it back, and am sorry if you feel that way. stay safe o3o
DonnotheFirst - donnothebest. you're a great user dude, i hope school is good and you're enjoying it.
DontStealMyPenguin - mr. fractal himself. we havent rly talked recently but you're always cool. stay safe dude
DoW - the number one articuno that i know. i hope deg isn't harassing you still :P in all seriousness, gl with college/uni :D!
drampa's grandpa - you talk a lot, that's ok but just try to stay on topic more baka >_<
Dream - ur rly sweet. ty for being kind and shtuff. i hope you stay well and safe. :3
E4 Flint - the elitist we know as flint :P dont let ti put 1v1 in ompl! you're ok. you'll succeed at whatever you put your mind to.
Eien - what you've done with mono is nice work, they're lucky to have someone as competent as you leading the meta.
EV - thank you for everything. you're really kind and helpful and im grateful for everything youve done, i truly appreciate it :)
fleurdyleurse - :eye::eye::nose::lips: :eggplant::sweat_drops:
Funbot28 - thank you for trying to help me be confident with my voice and shtuff. i hope you do well in life.
Goalie - i cant really remember you that well but i hope you and your dog are safe.
GL Volkner - VOLTY! oml you're way too kind to me. you deserve happiness and one day you'll get it. whether that's the way you expect or something else, im sure your life will be amazing eventually like you deserve. stay safe volty :D!
GonxKillua - gxk, i do really truly hope you're ok, stay safe
Grains of Salt - aja, jeg håber du har det godt og du burde blive sikker.
GRNBLN - if you keep playing ag, youll do very well
Gunner Rohan - HELLO?? dude idk what you're doing with yourself now but i hope you're well. stay safe!
Hack_Guy - you were driver when i was a reg and you're still driver. amazing work :P
Halliday - oh hi mark. you're funny and cool, ill watch that movie one day i promise! stay safe tbk.
HunterStorm - hunter :D gl with law school, hope to see you around again some day.
imas - samiiiiiiiiiiiii hf with college ur cool.
InfernapeTropius11 - miss you heaps, enjoy uni bud (:
innovamania - i'll continue the bloomin onion farmin while i'm gone i promise.
Isotonex - sorry for everything, you're actually kinda cool :)
jasprose - you're a great person, just stop overreacting and you'll do well :P
Josh - sry if i screwed things up i honestly cant remember what happened. i do have a lot of good memories tho.
Kit Kasai - cutest user by far, there's no way anyone ever tops :P thank you for everything, you're an amazing girl and im sure we'll keep in touch. i'm very very glad to have met you. stay safe, hf at college, stay cute.
Klang - keep up the language learning :p j'espère que tu as une vie réussie.
Kris - i know we haven't always seen eye to eye on everything but i'm very glad to have met you. i hope you live a great life and stay safe! you'll do fine, i'm sure you know that :p keep sending me future house on discord tho :D
Laxpras - sorry that we never got to make a bet but you'd win by default anyway. you're amazing at this game and i'm glad you choose to stick around in oms.
Lcass4919 - classy, im not snaq!
Leafstorm121 - stay safe :)
lost heros - my singular lost friend, ill watch koe no katachi eventually.
lotiasite - gl with ur hsc idk how many years until that i forgot your age oopsidaisy
MacChaeger - i didnt rly know you that well but i shouldve, stay safe and continue the good work in oms.
MAMP - mamp :) you're rly cool and i hope your life works out well tbh. we should meet up one day, i promise i won't chicken out this time.
manu 11 - :D
Mars Lowell - stay safe aks!
Megazard - i hope i havent left you with too much to handle oops. im sure i can find someone to host things if need be. anyway what i wanted to say is thanks for being a great co-RO for the last two years. i'm sure ag is safe with you in charge. if you need anything tho lmk.
Nat - n_natalie! you're by far one of the best people i've ever met. thanks for being a great friend over the last few years. i'm sure you'll live a great life. maybe we'll meet up one day or something, that'd be cool. anyway, i do truly appreciate everything and i hope you know that :P
Nocty - hai! im not a weeb
nv - nv :) hope your relationship with your gf is still strong, hope work is great, hope your life is amazing, stay safe, and enjoy.
OM room - cya around kiddo
partys over - haha the partys over XD!!!! - gl volkner XDDDDD, stay safe :)
Paycard - you're good at this game, but you know that :P.
Peef Rimgar - PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF!!!!! enjoy college, you're rly cool, keep that up :> ill keep in touch with you somehow.
Piccolo Daimao - gl with college and stay safe!
Pigeons - The American wigeon is a medium-sized bird; it is larger than a teal, but stay safe Pigeons and keep up the good work with AG. You're my favourite mod, don't tell the others D: change ur name tho.
Pikachuun - choon :3
PurpleGatorade - purple ur amazing at ag, you could probably overtake thimo/fardin/paycard/whoever in due course. keep it up!
Quantum Tesseract - keep up the good work with m&m, don't let me down!
Quote - idk you too well but you seem pretty cool. lol 8 hour discord call.
Racool - you're cool :) i'm sorry, i had to, but truly you're actually really cool. i'm very glad i met you. don't let others get you down, you're a great person. stay safe and enjoy uni. :)
Ransei - i feel like i underappreciated you a lot. you're actually a great user and i'm sure everyone knows it :P stay safe and live life to the fullest.
Rory Mercury - ok so i like puppies, but not like how you think i do, because that's really weird and i'm not like that.
Rumplestiltskin - lel!
ScarfWynaut - keep growing camomons and contributing to oms, you'll do well for yourself.
Shwetabh - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-244956764
Skelos - do you actually snowboard, if so cool, regardless stay safe!
Snaquaza - snaq! hope gc is treating you well, come back to oms!
Spandan - stop smoking ;w; stay safe and remember life can only get better.
SpartanMalice - hope you're doing well at whatever you're doing now, gl with life!
Synoptic - syno syno syno, hope ur safe and shtuff
The Immortal - thank you for so much oml, i wouldn't have accomplished half of what i did if it wasn't for you. thanks for promoting me in oms, thanks for letting me make the resource thread, thanks for letting me create an ag room, thanks for letting me run m&m, thanks for letting me take care of ag stuff, thanks for giving me this opportunity, it really meant a lot. i'm sure oms are in safe hands with you and flint. if only everyone knew how much you did for this community, oml. sorry for leaving so abruptly and leaving so many responsibilities. i hope you understand why i'm doing this.
thelinearcurve - curve :D thanks for making the ag ladder a challenge back in the day, and thanks for all the encouragement.
Thimo - thimsy n_n best ag player to exist by far, you're pretty cool and i'm glad to have met you :DD.
TylerWithNumbers - ill discuss the han solo movie with you after it comes out y/n
tysequaine - tys :) you're amazing honestly, one of the funniest and coolest users on the site, live a great life.
Uselesscrab - uc!!!! you rejected my driver promo and im still not over it. im kidding :P you're really cool and i'm glad oms is full of great people like you. gl with omgs!!
Whitewash - hey idk if we got off on the wrong foot but i think you're cool and i hope you don't hate me ;w;
wishes - n_n! :D! :)!!! cute user, hope your life is perfect, stay safe x
WTF THHE STALLS - keep playing ag you're good at it :)
Xynix - you're cool, don't let the haters get to you, keep playing bp as long as it's what you enjoy.
Zesty43 - continue playing ag and you'll do quite well :o
OMs - omg where do i begin, this community has been more of a home than my real home in the last few years. i loved every minute of it, im grateful to everyone regardless of whether i mentioned you or not. the memories from that room, i'll cherish forever, writing this is making me tear up and i feel really bad for leaving like this. i hope you all don't hold it against me.
AG - i never imagined i'd help develop any sort of community but you're all so cool, that i couldn't have had any part in it :P i really hope all of you are content with whatever comes next but id like to thank you for it all. i wanted to make an ag room possible, i have no idea how it worked out but it did. i couldn't have done anything without all of you. even tho theres been a few mishaps along the way, we got through it and the room has become successful, thanks to all of you.
Tours - i didnt get as involved as much as i would've initially liked but you're all nice people and i wish you the best.
PS Staff - again, i didn't get as involved as much as i would've liked. you all seem like really cool people and i'm glad you put in so much effort to keep the site running smoothly.
Everyone I've met on PS/Smogon - thank you, just thank you for everything. there's a few people that ruin everything, but that's life. honestly, all of you, thanks.
merci et à tout à l'heure mes amis :)!
Nooooo, who else do I get to say “hi :D” to every time I log on now :((((

On a more serious note, even though we didn’t have many super deep chats at all, you’re a sweetheart and I loved being around you for this little while. I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me, just continue being this lovely person and take care of yourself for me, okay?

Btw, you’ve gotta say hi whenever you do come by >:(

Hi Chloe, I didn't really know you very well but I could empathize with a lot with how you felt. For about a year now, I've been using Pokemon Showdown as a way for me to cope with my real life problems. (Long post but I just really wanted to say this)

I neglected my motivation to be involved academically and socially; for a time Pokemon Showdown was the only commitment I made during the day. I would just wake up, go to school, play PS, and go to sleep because I was emotionally torn and didn't know how to cope with these emotions mainly because I've moved to a different school district and haven't been able to make friends. I was lonely, depressed, I'd always spend my time indoors, I lost interest in playing piano and volleyball, I never wanted to eat dinner with my family anymore (I just wanted to be alone in my room cry and fall asleep), and most of all I failed to keep healthy relationships with my family and my teachers due to my plummeting grades. Frankly speaking, I didn't enjoy life at all and only used PS as a way to run away from my real life problems.

But that was a problem because by running away from my problems; I haven't been able to fix them as they just piled on and continuously got worse. About half a month ago I decided to resign from being staff in my rooms (except for Survivor which kept me as a staff member regardless) and decreased my activity on PS to deal more with my real life problems. I've been spending more time to focus on my academics, being outside and building connections with new people by playing volleyball in open gyms, and overall adjusting my outlook on life. Honestly, I feel much more mentally stable now.

Okay so enough about my story. Chloe, I can completely understand why you would resign. I feel pretty uncomfortable yet relieved that other users out there have gone through a similar experience with using PS as a form of escapism. There are highs and lows in life and things do get better, I'm glad that you've taken the initiative to care for yourself in real life because ultimately your health is more important. I haven't talked to you really but I've always liked your presence in the Tournaments room.

Also I'm really glad you liked the drawing I made for your birthday! I've spent a 4-5 hours on it and you liking it made the effort all the more worth it.
Best wishes Chloe, you're always welcome to PS, and I'm really glad that you're taking care of yourself irl.

Stay awesome Chloe! x)

~jh☃3828 (teal) ✓

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I’m really going to miss you Chloe :psycry::psycry:

I had heard rumors about you quitting but I didn’t want to believe them. I wanted everything to be okay and know that one day when I could truly balance irl and PS! that it would go back to us having our late night chats about MnM and you still never playing Full Potential. I really don’t want this to be true, but this thread has made that nightmare a reality.

I’m really sorry to see you go and I hope that you know that you were one of my best friends on this site and I am really going to miss you. Please please please keep in contact with me whether it is on PS!, here, or even Discord. I wish you the best of luck irl and I love you like a sister. I mean it.

Goodbye Chlo <3

Not another 'cool' joke, not like this!!!

Honestly this post hit me like a truck, did not expect it, and I'm hoping against hope that you reconsider. Know that you have an army of supporters ready to reaccept you with open arms if you do decide to return.

Honestly I'm struggling to think of a single user who has had a bigger positive impact on me on this site. You have single-handedly been the reason why I didn't quit the site on 2 occasions, put up with my incredibly annoying ramblings without ever snapping once, and just been the perfect supportive, unassuming friend, I really don't know why u did ever put up with me but I'm so grateful that you did. It's because of you that I continued to push for sketchmons TL, and continued to try and improve the meta, because you were the only person who seemed to value my efforts, but because it was you that was enough to drive me to carry on. It's because of you that I got over that disappointment of getting locked and demoted due to an accident, and I have no idea how annoying that musta been for u, but what you did for me was unbelievable. Thank you. Honestly that feels like an understatement and a half, I just don't know how to verbalise how much ur support over they past year has meant to me. The most recent time, when I wanted to quit, I was weighing up the reasons to stay, one of those reasons was cos I still have a couple really good friends on the site, and needless to say you were at the top of that list. Without you I highly doubt I would have even considered staying.

Obviously something significant has happened irl for you, which has prompted this post. I despertately hope it's great news, and if it is, congratulations, no one deserves that more than you! However if it isn't good news, the advice I want to give you is to stay true to yourself. You are a simply fantastic person, and anyone that doesn't see that is either blind, deaf, or not worth your time. Don't feel uncomfortable or awkward or self-conscious about yourself, or try and change yourself drastically to please others. Ik that's really hypocritical of myself to say, but it's good advice that I reckon both of us would behefit from heeding!

One last thing, are you disappearing like completely? Or will you be marginally active on PS and discord? I really hope it's the latter! However if it's the former, I have a selfish request to make. Our last long convo on discord was in fact the only fight we have ever had, and I don't want you to leave on that note, so could we have a dmc sometime soon?

Once again, I think everyone would agree with me in saying we pray you reconsider! You will always be the best friend I've ever made online, and I characteristically make a point to not open up to almost anyone online so yeah that tellls you how much of a incredible person you are. I wish you the best of luck in future endeavours, if anyone deserves it, you do! xxxxxxxx

Yours Sincerely,
-Rachel

Oh hi Chloe.
Well this sucks.
I never really got to know you well but one thing I can assure you is that you are always a positive presence and a very dedicated user.
You already have the all the dedicaton and responsability to do well, don't slack off and I'm sure you'll succeed.
Best of luck

Last edited:

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Aw shucks, why do you have to leave before approving good metas? :<
Anyway, goodbye, and thanks for everything.

I'm sure TIBot will miss you too for protecting it against the bulli.

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I’m going to miss you Chloe. I may not have had too many interactions beyond seasonals, but you have been a major influence on OM’s and despite my short time playing competitive I know that your dedication and contributions will positively affect us for some time to come.

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
one fight ruined a lot. S.o to the calls with me, you, nat and GxK. Some of the most fun times I've had on the site with my friends. You'll do good, hope you do great and wish you all the best

ngl didn't really get to know that you well unfortunately as I'm pretty new ig to the ag room, but it's still sad to see you go, you were always my fav ro :] I wish you good luck in whatever you are going to do next :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)