Good offensive team?

I usually steal teams off other people but i decided to make my own, so here it is.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy (Filter on Mega Aggron)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

I usually lead with aggron. First thing i do is get up stealth rocks, or attempt to KO if i believe that i can. Aggron has great attack and defense but is completely lacking on the special side, so i may switch out depending on the pokemon. If i think that Mega Aggron is better against whatever team i am against than Mega Absol, i will mega evolve.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck (Magic Bounce on Mega Absol)
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Night Slash
- Megahorn
- Psycho Cut
- Sucker Punch

Absol is a great member of offensive teams. While it does have frail defenses, i think that great physical attack and sucker punch more that make up for that. I have also found that with both Gengar and Aggron on my team, people don't expect Mega Absol and so i can usually get magic bounce to bounce back will-o-wisp.

Azumarill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Another strong physical pokemon. Huge power is great for taking out anything, while play rough has 135 BP after STAB, giving Azumarill great power behind its attack. I am considering swapping out ice punch for bellydrum, but PS! currently doesn't support it with Aqua Jet and so I am keeping Ice Punch for now.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Gengar is a pretty standard set. Hypnosis + Substitute combination, and with the steel nerf Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam is great coverage. Many people seem to switch as soon as i come in, expecting the Gengarite that will give me Shadow Tag, which gives me the opportunity to substitute and then proceed to put a pokemon to sleep.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

Very standard set again. Cloyster comes in, gets hit hard by some move that should OHKO but doesn't because of Focus Sash, Cloyster uses Shell Smash and proceeds to destroy with its other moves.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse

I had Talonflame on my team instead of Latios, but my team had no spinners and so no way to get rid of hazards, which completely wreck my team. I compromised with Latios, which has amazing special attack, is immune to hazards except for stealth rocks due to levitate, and has access to Defog, which removes hazards on both sides of the field.

There it is, please give me feedback and don't be afraid to suggest changes, thank you

Last edited:
I wont be giving highly in depth input here but a few little things

• 2 mega pokemon on a team doesnt work, its a waste of an item slot / pokemon slot, if you want magic bounce try an espeon.
  • I feel like life or latios and leftovers substitute gengar are a little similar IMO i would run choice scarf latios for revenge killing or replace gengar with chandalure and run choice scarf chandalure if you really want the defog
  • Azumaril does not need focus sash at all, give him a choice band and he will hit like a freaking truck.
There is a lot more to improve on but there are just some basic things.

Just so you know, Absol gets access to "play rough" through breeding. Dark and Fairy is very good offensively, you may want to consider swapping psycho cut for it since it hits fighting types super-effectively as well. Hope this was helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)