Give this forum a 'simple questions simple answers' thread

Something that occurred to me the other day that would ease a lot of the clutter of this forum. A lot of these suggestions are pretty much silly questions or suggestions. It would save a lot of effort if there was a general thread for that, leaving people to make their own threads on more serious suggestions.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps ask people to use their judgment, anything that would be responded to with one simple post should go in the thread, and anything with discussion implications could have it's own thread?

I like this idea.

Most of the silly suggestions made are by people who didn't read the rules in the first place / don't realise why their suggestion is ill-advised. Plus (from experience) I feel like the 'simple to accomplish' suggestions are probably the ones that warrant being looked at since they're actually realistic, so there's no harm in giving them a bit of visibility. Just my opinion though.

Not what this topic is about, but just in case: if anyone has any general questions about Smogon that can't be answered in another subforum's question thread, feel free to ask them in the Smogon Metagames SQSA thread. Or PM a mentor/staffer!

Is there any way to view a conversation on this new format that Smogon is using? I really liked the ability to do that on vBulletin and feel that it was and could make the site a lot more convenient. To clarify, I'm talking about VMs, not PMs.

Is there any way to view a conversation on this new format that Smogon is using? I really liked the ability to do that on vBulletin and feel that it was and could make the site a lot more convenient. To clarify, I'm talking about VMs, not PMs.

You can reply directly on a VM by clicking "Comment." Your reply will appear right below the VM. In many ways its a more convenient way to VM as its all right there in one place.

That's true, I guess, but what about the VM conversations that I, as well as many other users, had before the attack? I'm not saying to change the entire system/format. I am merely suggesting, however, that there be some function that allows us to view our VM conversations.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I've seen a lot of users ask for that, I'm sure that if they functionality is there, it will be implemented eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)