SM OU Gengar Blacephalon semi stall team.

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Blacephalon is one of the main Pokémon on this team. (And one of my favorites) The main goal that I hope it preserves is a set up sweeper. Once the opposing team has been weakened by the other Pokémon, Blace will come in attempting to force a switch and set up a substitute. Once that happens, Blace can use Calm mind to set up and deal as much damage as possible. Both flame thrower and Shadow ball are great stab moves that can easily be used to hurt more than half the OU tiers.

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

I chose mega Sableye because (it’s one of my other favorite Pokémon) AND! Because it has magic bounce. This team can have problems with toxic spikes and normal spikes. So having magic bounce is very important. Normally you will want to lead with Sableye so you can bounce the rocks, spikes, Tspikes right on back. Once that happens Knock off is a useful move to cripple Toxapex, Chansey, Banded Victini and Mega latios/Latias.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey is for wildling the opposing teams health down. It also can be a useful wall that aids Celesteela from Tapu KoKo and Mega Charizard Y. Heal bell is for keeping status from hurting the team. Paralysis is a big problem for Gengar and Blacephalon. So having heal bell is quite important. Toxic is for, toxicing special attackers such as, Charizard Y, Tapu KoKo, Tapu LeLe, Ash Greninja/Non Psychical protein Greninja and Mega Alakazam.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Toxapex is another good wall that can set up toxic spikes to hurt the opposing team even more. The Pex is also helpful for free switch ins on Pokémon such as, Chansey, Blissey, Charizard Y and other Pokémon that can’t really hurt the Pex. Haze is for set up sweepers so they don’t take out half the team with one Pokémon.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Celesteela is for Leech seed spam. Cele is also used for ground type control. Lando-T is a big threat for this team and OU in general. So having a flying type that can heal and take health is nice. Most of the time I bring it in against Toxapex, Celesteela, Landorus, Gliscor, Kartana, and even Ferrothorn. Once you set up a leech seed you can choose to switch or protect.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

My favorite Pokémon, Gengar. The team is based around Gengar and Blacephalon. Gengar’s goal is to set up on a Pokémon that is scared of it. Ferrothorn is a decent switch in. Most of the time they will go for leech seed while you go for a substitute. Once the sub is up you can spam any moves necessary to deal more and more damage. Focus blast of for Ferro, TTar, Hydra, Bisha, Wevile and Gren. Shadow ball is the most spam able move that Gengar has. Sub can also stop Pursuit trappers like TTar and Weavile.

If there is anything to change please feel free to tell me.
1565306030789.gif

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
First of all, saying your team struggles with Toxic Spikes is a blatant lie. Celesteela is immune to them, Gengar and Toxapex absorb them on switchin, and Chansey has both Natural Cure AND Heal Bell. So while Mega Sableye is a competent addition, that's not quite WHY it's helpful.

Second, your picks for the offensive Pokémon on the team are kind of odd and seem out of place to me. I know you made it very clear that you're using Gengar and Blacephalon because you like them, but for stall or even semi-stall to function properly you would want everything on the team to be able to take hits, and these two have very low defensive stats that make it tough for them to do so. That's even besides the fact that they're both Ghost-types, leaving both of them vulnerable to Tyranitar and its very common Pursuit trapping (yes, Gengar has Focus Blast, but its notoriety for missing means you either have to predict a switch or just get lucky). If you want to use either of them, using an offensive team is a much better idea than slapping them on stall.

For this team, I think scrapping Blacephalon in favor of this offensive Kommo-o would suit your team much better. Kommo-o's defensive stats (HP/Def/SpDef) are 75/125/105 - much more respectable bulk than Blacephalon's 53/53/79. It also gives you more hazards (perfect for whittling the opponent down, as stall teams are designed to do) and patches up your Ttar weakness a bit, because the only thing Ttar can hit you with for good damage is Earthquake from the Choice Band set or Ice Punch from the Dragon Dance Mega Ttar set.

A little more physical bulk would be a good plan, seeing as all four of your current walls are special walls. I think you should switch Celesteela to a physically defensive variant for that reason, especially since 4/6 of the Pokémon you mentioned using it against are physical attackers. Lastly, I think having a Defogger in place of Gengar would suit you well so you don't get worn down by opposing hazards, even if Mega Sableye does have Magic Bounce. Zapdos is a great option as a Defog user that also gives you some more of that physical bulk, and it's my strongest recommendation for this slot. Tornadus is another possibility, although it's significantly less bulky than Zapdos and you'd have to be more careful with it.

I'm no stall connoisseur - frankly, I hate stall teams myself - but that's my two cents on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)