Programming Gen1to3 All-in-one Editor and Converter

I would like to report a problem - I used PKXDelta to save edit a couple Pokémon onto my Pokémon Red ROM, but now the program no longer loads the save file.

This is an incredible tool, MetropolisJ. It is by far the best available tool for working on gen I/II saves (unless there's something out there other than Pikasav than I am unaware of).

There is one thing that I ran across difficulty with. I tried to edit a Pokemon Silver save file to have a complete Unknown Dex but was unable to. PKX Delta 4.5 shows the box for "Unknowns Caught" and lets me edit the contents of the box. It even warns me when I put a space or any other unacceptable character. I've tried punching various things into this box (including simply adding one letter to the letters already there) with no luck. I can save my changes, but upon re-opening the file (or opening it in an emulator) the changes aren't made. No matter what edit I try to make to Unknowns Caught the changes don't seem to stick. I have only been able to test this on Silver.

Has anyone had any success editing their Unknown Dex?

Thanks a bunch!

This is an incredible tool, MetropolisJ. It is by far the best available tool for working on gen I/II saves (unless there's something out there other than Pikasav than I am unaware of).

There is one thing that I ran across difficulty with. I tried to edit a Pokemon Silver save file to have a complete Unknown Dex but was unable to. PKX Delta 4.5 shows the box for "Unknowns Caught" and lets me edit the contents of the box. It even warns me when I put a space or any other unacceptable character. I've tried punching various things into this box (including simply adding one letter to the letters already there) with no luck. I can save my changes, but upon re-opening the file (or opening it in an emulator) the changes aren't made. No matter what edit I try to make to Unknowns Caught the changes don't seem to stick. I have only been able to test this on Silver.

Has anyone had any success editing their Unknown Dex?

Thanks a bunch!
Thanks. Have you tried capital letters? I'll look into this, along with the box deleting bug and the 'gaps' in Gen 3.

Thanks. Have you tried capital letters? I'll look into this, along with the box deleting bug and the 'gaps' in Gen 3.
Yeah - I used to capital letters to stick to the format the other letters (from my original save) were already in.

Hopefully next week I'll have a chance to try it with saves from other games too (Gold, Crystal) to see if it's just something to do with my particular save. If anyone has used the Unown Dex editting feature successfully I would love to hear it!

okay im trying to make a flareon in my fire red sav file, (max because it seems the only legitimate stats i could find, wanted to find a lv 25 beginning stats but oh well) and for some reason even after i finish editing, and then tried to save, the next time i open up the save file, theres still no flareon. it seems when i add a pokemon to my pc box, it doesnt get saved. can you help me out?

also the reason im adding it in my game is because for some reason my original flareon dissappeared from ym save file, despite having both evee and flareon pokedex data....

MetropolisJ - will you update the conversion algorithm to be the same as the upcoming Gen will behave?

Or at least add option to choose between your conversion algorithm and the new one?

Hi, first of all, great job! I like this program very much. But I am having a small problem with it. Ok so I have a 3ds with a CFW on there (I run arm9loaderhax and pair it with Luma3ds) and all 3 of the gen one virtual console games (R/B/Y). I also have a save manager that I use to back up the save (JK's Save Manager). When I use this program to edit and inject back into the game, whatever is in my boxes gets deleted - the first time I used this program I was not happy because I had actually played through and collected a fair amount of stuff. I was just wondering if this was common, or if there was a setting that I have to click or something like that.

If you need any further info from me, I'll be happy to oblige.

Cheers

okay im trying to make a flareon in my fire red sav file, (max because it seems the only legitimate stats i could find, wanted to find a lv 25 beginning stats but oh well) and for some reason even after i finish editing, and then tried to save, the next time i open up the save file, theres still no flareon. it seems when i add a pokemon to my pc box, it doesnt get saved. can you help me out?

also the reason im adding it in my game is because for some reason my original flareon dissappeared from ym save file, despite having both evee and flareon pokedex data....
I have a similar issue. I moved a bunch of pokemon from Gen I and II over to Sapphire, edited a couple stats here and there/added moves I didn't want to wait for and created a Carvanha since I wanted one in team and don't have a rod yet. I've been playing fine using the edited save however when I reopen the .sav using Pkx the Carvanha is no longer in my party. All the other changes I've made and all the pokemon I've caught in game are there, just the pokemon I created is missing.

Hey mate, Thanks alot!! I really needed that to complete my dex on gameyob at DS.But I was wondering if you could do me a HUGE favor, and maybe create "decorations" items on Gen2 (gold/crystal/silver) to inject? I wanted them so bad, but since I'm using an emulator, I can't get those by mystery gift :( PLEASE

This was the program I was looking for. However, there's one major problem. PKXDelta won't load Gen 3 save files. Also, when it makes a Gen 3 save, it is invalid and it only says new game and options on the emulator. If you fix this, I will advertise this program.
Thanks!
TBHax

Hey! Just a little question... Does it actually run with Java 8? I already installed Java's latest version, but it says I need a Java Runtime Environment (1.5.0). Should I re-download the app or what?
Sin título.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, when creating the Pokemon in PC boxes after Box 1, they disappear in both Pokemon Stadium 1 and Pokemon Blue. What's wrong?

Thanks for making this tool Metropolis!

Sadly, I don't seem to be able to get the conversion software to load my Pokemon Blue save, it keeps bringing up a new window asking me to select a Gen3 game and no matter which I select, it comes up with an error saying "save block identifiers are corrupt."

I'm not sure what else to do. Is there something wrong with my save?

EDIT: NVM, got it working. I had to manually export the battery save file, as regular saving wasn't working.

Last edited:
Im not able to use Pkx Delta on my windows 10 computer and I installed Java and and did a compatibility test and it still doesn't work.
Edit: I changed it to 32-Bit and it worked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)