Programming Gen VI Stat and IV Calculator

Foreword

I've been working on this project for quite some time now, and ended it with Version 4.2 before going on a near one-year hiatus due to college. The builds are pretty straightforward; however, I do plan to continue adding more features as this expands, such as some damage calculators and their respective algorithms. However, I am still new to some concepts, so any forms of help and tips are appreciated. I am willing to learn, and even though there are multiple online calculators out there, and I may not have been the first to think of this idea, I did it for the benefit of those who like to work offline and use Sheets like I do. Without further ado, here are the builds:

Newest Build and Details:
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 5.0 - 2015.07.29
    • ORAS Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions, Hoopa and Hoopa Unbound, and Volcanion have been added.
    • Stat Boosts have been added to the Stat Calculator! In all but HP, the integer ranges are from -6 to 6.
    • All calculations work perfectly for Lv.100.
Legacy Builds and Details:
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 4.2 - 2014.09.02
    • Major fixes to the Stat and IV Calculator formulas, with more pressing emphasis on the IV Calculator for accuracy.
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 4.0 - 2014.08.22
    • An IV Calculator has been added to the system!
    • Minor GUI and bug fixes.
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 3.3 - 2014.08.21
    • The Glossary received some graphical changes and expansions.
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 3.2 - 2014.08.18
    • Name Entry for PokéDex Data replaces Dex Entry.
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 3.0 - 2014.08.14
    • PokéDex Data has been added to the system! Search for your desired Pokémon's stats using their Dex number, and copypaste them into the system for instant calculations.
    • The GUI was redone, giving the system a brighter and cleaner look.
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 2.0 - 2014.08.12
    • The four rows were eliminated in favor of the Natures, which can now be entered manually into the system or viewed in a separate tab, which has both the Speed Factors and Hidden Power tabs combined.
  • Pokémon Stat Calculator Version 1.0 - 2014.08.10
    • This first build contains only the Stat Calculator with four rows in the calculations table representing Min-, Min, Max, and Max+ respectively, with a row above those four showing the actual calculations.
Future Fixes and Additions:
  • Stat and IV Calculations show inaccuracy for levels below 100. This is currently being looked into, and remains top priority for future updates. Support and instruction in this area are appreciated.
  • Implementation of other factors concerning IV Calculation will also be implemented, but may be implemented with the fix of the stat and IV calculators. These include but are not limited to Characteristics, Hidden Power, Potential, and Best Stat(s).
  • Addition of multiple rows for calculations will be implemented afterward to allow for multiple calculations at once. This was thought of to be implemented as part of the Version 5 build; however, the aforementioned issue came about, and is presented as a roadblock to construction for said feature. However, upon resolution of said roadblock, this feature will most likely be implemented first.
  • The first Damage Calculator is planned to come with Version 6. This will include a basic input system involving the Power and Accuracy. More complex moves and effects will come in the consecutive builds within the version itself.

Note: As far as the stat issues are concerned, here they are in picture format (the formula presented here is as follows: ((Stat / Nature - 5) * 100) / Level - 2 * Base - EV / 4):
Success in Calculation for All Stats at Lv.100

Error in Calculation for All Stats at Lv.50 with Hindering Nature

Last edited:
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

That is the one I currently use. It gets a lot more data about the pokemon, but it then gives a more accurate IV than by just the formula you give. For example, hidden powers sometimes have stats that have to be locked at a certain value (Such as HP dark needing to always have odd IVs accross the board). Have a look at it, and hopefully, it should give you some ideas for future updates.

GL with the project.

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

That is the one I currently use. It gets a lot more data about the pokemon, but it then gives a more accurate IV than by just the formula you give. For example, hidden powers sometimes have stats that have to be locked at a certain value (Such as HP dark needing to always have odd IVs accross the board). Have a look at it, and hopefully, it should give you some ideas for future updates.

GL with the project.
Thank you for the word, and yes--I do agree that I should have more factors working into the IV Calculation as shown with some other calculators for accuracy.

Now... I've entered in the same stats for Tyranitar into MetalKid's calculator as I've input in my own (Jolly Nature, HP.175 Atk.186 Def.131 SpA.103 SpD.120 Spe.124, 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe), and the results do come out as 30-31 IVs without the need for the extra fields (which I will implement regardless as soon as I learn how to integrate that into the calculations). It sort of pulls at me in regards to what I am missing; as shown above, it will work for Lv.100, and I'm now working on Lv.50 (which is the popular mode via in-game and VGC).

EDIT: I just got to thinking... Maybe it's not the formula (which is the simple way), but after experimenting with a couple of other IV Calculators (namely MetalKid, veekun, Serebii, Showdown!, Marriland, and Psypokes), then it may be a sort of algorithm that I'll have to learn. I looked back at my Stat Calculator (green tab on the screenshots) and tested some of the IVs on there and compared the results on the others, and once again saw something different. The lowest and highest IVs for a Jolly Tyranitar with SpA.103 are 30 and 31 respectively, and mine shows the lowest is 29 because the formula showed ~103.05 upon calculation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)