Gen-NEXT development thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most fitting ability for all Rotom formes is Motor Drive. After all, Rotom is a spark of electricity which introduces itself inside the motors of electric appliances.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I love the idea of Motor Drive Rotom, but I'm afraid it might make Rotom-W too powerful. It's already very anti-meta in gen 6, isn't it?

I love the idea of Motor Drive Rotom, but I'm afraid it might make Rotom-W too powerful. It's already very anti-meta in gen 6, isn't it?
Its not that good anymore, but i agree that we shouldn't do it because we should avoid buffing OU pokemon as much as possible.

Yes, motor drive fits nicely for Rotom, but any abilities given to Rotom make me a bit uncomfortable as Rotom-W is very powerful in OU (a similar problem with the Latis)
I think we should give carnavine Intrinsic arena trap. It is a venus fly trap, after all.
Well Dugtrio and Trapinch have arena trap since both represent trapping the opponent by using land (Dugtrio is a mole and Trapinch ans an antlion). A venus fly trap doesn't really seem like it'd have arena trap.

Well Dugtrio and Trapinch have arena trap since both represent trapping the opponent by using land (Dugtrio is a mole and Trapinch ans an antlion). A venus fly trap doesn't really seem like it'd have arena trap.
Well i think a trapping ability is the only thing that would make carnivine usefull and still make sence flavor wise, and shadow tag makes no sense whatsoever. create a new ability, perhaps?

Well i think a trapping ability is the only thing that would make carnivine usefull and still make sence flavor wise, and shadow tag makes no sense whatsoever. create a new ability, perhaps?
Strong Jaw? And give it the elemental fangs? (And Poison Fang etc.) I thought that would suit it best.
The only over abilities I can think of of by heart are Leaf Guard, Rough Skin and Intimidate but I think Strong Jaw seems best.

Strong Jaw? And give it the elemental fangs? (And Poison Fang etc.) I thought that would suit it best.
The only over abilities I can think of of by heart are Leaf Guard, Rough Skin and Intimidate but I think Strong Jaw seems best.
The problem is that Strong Jaw is to be fair a shitty ability if you don't have STAB on at least one of the moves boosted by it. It won't be a buff at all.

Idfk what would suit it best while not being shit.

Hello everyone, there are 2 things I would like to suggest.

First of all Attack Order for Beedrill, I already said this in a different thread but I play only Next anyways out of all the OMs.
I think this one is pretty clear, bee attack for a bee pokemon. Also nice synergy between Sniper and Attack Order's high crit chance.

I got the idea for the next one from a different OM but I can't remember which one it was anymore. Replacing Empoleon's Defiant to Competitive, since Empoleon's SpA is the higher attacking stat and it has better stabs for a special set. Would be a nice buff for it since it can't make real use of Ice Body because its typing isn't as good as in Gen 5 anymore. However Defiant still makes more sense flavour wise since it has that royal theme going on so I could understand if people didn't want it. Also Milotic already kind of fills the niche for a bulky competitive water type but it uses Marvel Scale most of the time so there's that.

Edit: I can't into grammar

Last edited:
The problem is that Strong Jaw is to be fair a shitty ability if you don't have STAB on at least one of the moves boosted by it. It won't be a buff at all.

Idfk what would suit it best while not being shit.
EDIT: If only you could have type changes.... :(
I got the idea for the next one from a different OM but I can't remember which one it was anymore. Replacing Empoleon's Defiant to Competitive, since Empoleon's SpA is the higher attacking stat and it has better stabs for a special set.
That was my OM :O

Last edited:
I definitely agree that motor drive would make rotom-w OP very few things work particularly well against it and it is easy to build a team around, also I don't want it eating my heliolisks parabolic charges, that is one of two ways I have been able to beat it in NEXT so losing that would make me sad.

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
I hate to bump this by over two months, but I'd like to hear thoughts on M-Slowbro

No only does he have access to boosting moves on the physical and special defensive sides, but he also has RECOVERY (Slack Off) and special attack boosting, which can be handy in stall wars.

The most notable ways I've seen to counter it are Phazing and Toxic, but I'm sure there are other easy checks and counters

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
we should just make armour so you can still crit, but it reduces damage. slowbro-mega might still be OP afterwards but we can test it.
This removes the original ability entirely which I feel is very anti-NEXT policy/history. The only time we should do this is for nearly useless abilities (like if we made Illuminate do something or how we changed Telepathy).

A suggestion from useless trainer was to allow auto-crit moves to beat Shell Armor. Or we merely ban the only truly OP shell armor user right now - which is mega bro.

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
Speaking of M-Slowbro, here's a stall team I've made with it. It's fairly successful, as it's only had 2 defeats

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Baton Pass

My typical lead, it's fairly easy to see what Smeargle does. I usually Spore the opposing lead, but if it's something that could be up to no good like a taunt user, I can Magic Coat and send the taunt back to them. Baton Pass is there incase a get a great combination of boosts, being able to send them to something else always helps, even if this isn't an offensive team. Spikes is a bit of an odd Placement, but the ability to snip a quarter of health from anything on the ground is great, especially against bulky threats like Slowbro.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Slowbro is literally the base of the team. EVs are to Maximize the physical bulk for the wall role that Slowbro plays, Bold nature for the same reason. Slack Off is there for you to keep walling, and adds to the threat M-Slowbro has. Calm Mind is also crucial to M-Bro's walling, boosting my special stats. Scald is to hit pretty much anything not named Escavalier and Grass-types, the burn chance is also why I chose it over surf. Flamethrower is to hit the things Scald has trouble hitting.

Eelektross @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spark
- Drain Punch
- Protect
- Toxic

Elektross is the secondary attack for my team, as Spark + its stats gives it decent damage dealing capabilities. Drain Punch + Toxic Orb + Poison Heal is what gives Elektross more bulk, as well as its best quality. Toxic is to widdle down extremely bulky Pokemon such as M-Bro. Not much else to say here.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish

Chansey is the glue to the entire team. With Heal Bell and Wish, I can erase Toxic or any other status to M-Bro, as well as heal any burn / sleep that may have landed on Elektross before Toxic Orb activates. Toxic is an amazing move for 1v1 stall wars with M-Bro and friends, when I have the ability to heal myself with Heal Bell + Wish. Seismic Toss is my preference of damage dealing move, usually 3HKO'ing / 4HKO'ing most Pokemon. Chansey is a great pivot into special attacks, I can switch in, wish, and switch out.

Shaymin @ Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

SubSeed Shaymin with Bigroot is great on a stallish team. There isn't much to say about this little guy either, send it in on something that can't really hit me, Sub, Seed, Attack, Rinse, Repeat. 32 Satk EVs are to deal damage a little easier, and it nets a 2HKO in a few niche Pokemon that I would usually 2HKO.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar

Steelix is another mon I can't really write much about. I built it with the mindset to Explode on special walls I can't take out otherwise. Roar is for phazing out Pokemon I don't want in play, and synergizes well with Spikes. Earthquake is a STAB Attack, and Coil makes it stronger.

Threatlist:
upload_2014-11-11_18-21-41.jpeg
Escavalier

Public enermy #1, I had to give up Toxic on Slowbro just to be able to check this beast. The boosted twinneedle, immunity to toxic, access to boosting moves, and shelll armor all make this a pain to deal with

upload_2014-11-11_18-23-18.jpeg
M-Salamence

The fact that I'm running stall means M-mence has a lot of slots to set up for free, and a +1 +1 dnite is something I do NOT want to deal with.

upload_2014-11-11_18-26-35.jpeg
upload_2014-11-11_18-26-59.jpeg
upload_2014-11-11_18-27-19.png
Special Fire Attackers with water type Coverage.

Charizard-Y is quite the threat, as it has sun to boost its fire moves, and it also has Solarbeam. Going back to sun, it also weakens M-Bro's scald :[

Rotom-H is here because it has the obvious electric move, although a +1 Scald usually does the trick

Volcanion is a pain because I can't touch it with M-Bro, and usually will have to go into Chansey and stall it out. Elektross also works, but it's going to take a hit from Steam Eruption

importable
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Baton Pass

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Eelektross @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spark
- Drain Punch
- Protect
- Toxic

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish

Shaymin @ Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Non-rest MegaBro also loses to toxic jellicent pretty handily. But you have eelek for it anyways. Also loses to topsy turvy malamar and kind of gastro acid. Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)