1. The moderator of this forum is OrdA.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Programming Gen 7 Damage Calculator

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by Austin, Jan 23, 2017.

1. UnleashOurPassion

UnleashOurPassion

I would like to add to that another situational but not unimportant move effect: Charge

I know I can just put the Pokémon on +2 Atk or SpA but that messes with non-electric moves as well, making it a hassle sometimes
    charizard8888 likes this.
  2. sumwun

sumwun

Razor leaf defaults to special. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that.
  3. Rage.Spam.Quit.

Rage.Spam.Quit.

If possible, can the speed stat of a Pokemon be changed after item stat modifiers (ex: if a Pokemon is holding Choice Scarf, can the calc automatically multiply the existing speed stat by 1.5? It would be helpful so I don't have to use Google calculator every time).

Also idk when the calc has been updated with sets, but I do know it hasn't implemented the new sets that came with the CAP Updates on CAP pokemon. I can provide these if needed.
    Twix and david0895 like this.
  4. Austin

Austin Not a weeb
    is a Battle Server Moderator

fixed
    sumwun likes this.
  5. UnleashOurPassion

UnleashOurPassion

This is a pretty minor thing but the damagecalc defaults Z-Moves to physical even though it corrects them to special later if it's specially based.

This gives an incorrect calc in the situation in which you're basing a Z-Move off a special move and are trying to boost it with a Choice Specs item for whatever reason.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is technically unimportant but cleaning up code like this might help solve problems in the future.

Sorry for nitpicking
  6. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

I'll do this when necessary, considering you can't use a Z-move with a boosting item I don't see how this is useful atm and iirc there was a request to negate held item boosts like life orb which makes me very resentful in changing it.
    E: I was correct, https://github.com/Zarel/honko-damagecalc/commit/3cdb78644fbafb005ca2472f93d93bac67af8e04
    UnleashOurPassion likes this.
  7. UnleashOurPassion

UnleashOurPassion

8. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Too much hand holding, sorry
    UnleashOurPassion likes this.
  9. Sensualplay

Sensualplay

is it possible to make a dark theme/mode and be turn by default if you select it ?
  10. david0895

david0895

252 Atk Darmanitan Spirit Shackle vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 73-87 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
    252 Atk Darmanitan Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kartana: 36-43 (13.8 - 16.6%) -- possible 7HKO

Sheer Force doesn't boost these moves
  11. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Doesn’t and is boosting or doesn’t and should be boosting?
  12. david0895

david0895

They should be boosted
  13. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Fixed
    david0895 likes this.
  14. sedertz

sedertz

For some reason Specs Ash Greninja before it gets the Ash Form is not listed in the damagecalc (Regular Greninja with Battle Bond and Choice Specs, probably should be included with water shuriken hydro dark pulse and ice beam since no reason to calc spikes)

This sets incredibly common in OU and one of the top 5 best sets in the tier, so its a real issue whenever someone needs to calc they need to manually enter the set

hopefully this can get added

Also Protean Greninja's sets have the ability set to other by default instead of Protean (Such as Choice Scarf Greninja, which exclusive runs Protean)

This messes up several calcs as if the user forgets to input protean manually the calc is wrong
  15. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Honko has a script to take the sets from smogon, we don’t add specific sets as it’d mess with the script
  16. Honko

Honko he of many honks
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Contributor to Smogon

OrdA likes this.
  17. david0895

david0895

Status moves should not be in the calculator because they are useless in this case.
    They could be switched for moves in the other options (for example Heatran can use hp ice or stone edge)
  18. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

There was a change to add status moves and I don’t think I’m going to revert it, I think seeing common sets is useful. Basically if you want something not standard you have to manually do it.
  19. david0895

david0895

Are slashed moves like Earthquake or Close Combat on mega pinsir considered standard moves?
  20. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

Considering the sets are directly ripped from smogon, I’d hope so
    E: oh unless you mean they’re missing in which case, no they aren’t standard atm if they aren’t listed on any of the suggested sets on smogon
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 at 11:50 AM
  21. david0895

david0895

In this case, they should be added since boosting moves like swords dance are mandatory in most cases
  22. Austin

Austin Not a weeb

If you want something added get it added on smogon
  23. ArkenCiel

ArkenCiel

In the damage calc, it shows how much recovery attacks heal you by. It displays something like (recovers between 10.4% and 12.4%)

Can that also be done for recoil moves to show how much the user would lose? It'd help tell if the Pokemon would have died to recoil or nah without doing the math ourselves. And on that note, can that also be added in the simulator? It's nice knowing how much my Skarmory loses on the logs when it uses Brave Bird lol

OrdA edit: Moved here from suggestions
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017 at 6:38 AM

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)