Pet Mod [Gen 1] RBY CAP - Revived! [CAP3 - Stats]

gastlies

thunder only happens when it's raining
is a Forum Moderator
Voting Time! I'm gonna be pretty busy 48 hours from now and a few days after that, so I'm gonna give slightly less time to vote this time around. Votes are due at Wednesday, May 22 at 6:00PM GMT-4 (so basically 43 hours from now instead of 48) and that's gonna have to be a pretty hard deadline unfortunately.

Only two options this time around, so only vote for one of the two choices:

BugCatcherBoat
RAALightning

gastlies

is a Forum Moderator
The winning submission is RAALightning! We're on to the very last part of our first slate!

Slate 1 Part 6C: Remaining Flavor
You will have 5 days to submit the remaining flavor for this Pokemon. This means: Name, Pokedex entries, Height, Weight, usually useless moves, and its learnset (what levels or methods it learns the moves it gets, both the viable moves and the useless ones). This is basically filling out the rest of the Pokemon's lore and non-battle relevant stuff! Have fun!

Some extra notes this time:
  • I'm gonna be out for a few days which is why the time to submit is a bit longer
  • I usually give the full info on the mon here but I don't have a ton of time irl rn so I can't, sorry
  • Since there was no official submission for the name of the mon, this is also included in the remaining flavor section this time around

Name: Phantom
Pokedex entry:
This POKÉMON is the spirit of an ancient creature. It's rumored that it brings bad luck to those who see it.
Height: 1.1m/3'07"
Weight: 0.1kg/0.2lbs
Learnset:

Level up:

Lvl 1 - Nightshade
Lvl 1 - Growl
Lvl 1 - Leer
Lvl 1 - Quick Attack
Lvl 50 - Fire Spin
Lvl 55 - Flamethrower

TM learnset:

TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Body Slam
TM09 - Take Down
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM15 - Hyperbeam

TM16 - Pay Day
TM20 - Rage
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Teleport
TM31 - Mimic
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Bide
TM38 - Fire Blast

TM39 - Swift
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM44 - Rest
TM50 - Substitute

gastlies

is a Forum Moderator
Since there's only one submission, phantom wins by default! This means our first three CAPs are complete!

This means we can also move onto our second slate!
Slate 2: Concept
The first component of Slate 2 is the concept! This is the overall role that you want the CAPmon to fill. The broader the concept is, the more freedom we will have to play around with stats/typing/moves later on. You will be allowed to submit up to 3 concepts, and we will later vote between them.

Since this is the start of a new slate and we're brainstorming new ideas, I'll give one week to submit (also gives me a bit of a break). You can re-use concepts from slate 1, only if it did not win.

gastlies

is a Forum Moderator
Gonna shamelessly reuse my concept for slate 1:

Dance Party! A good Swords Dance user. OU has zero common Swords Dance users, with the best ones still being very niche picks, so this CAP hopes to change that.

Sapping Your Strength
Leech Seed has a very interesting effect in gen 1 causing it's damage to scale with toxic. Leech Seed by itself is also just an interesting move that doesn't see any use. This CAP would be designed out of trying to use Leech Seed (likely not with the toxic strat because poison is just not a good status in gen 1).

Rock On
RBY OU has 4 Rock types ranked, but only one is actually decent--the rest are quite niche picks. This concept aims to add a second Rock type into the mix that doesn't occupy the same design space as Rhydon and Golem.

Burn User
Recycling this slate 1 concept, Burn is a status that is entirely unseen in Gen 1 due to only appearing as the secondary affects of fire-type moves, which are pretty rare. Let's fix that by making a Pokémon that can reliably apply burn that wants to apply burn.

The Janitor
This Pokémon excels at cleaning up weakened teams, much like Tauros, possibly better than Tauros. However, it struggles more in the midgame, as it has a hard time coming in by gen 1 standards. Paralysis support is very welcome.

Physical wall: The first thing to come to mind when thinking about high defense in gen 1 is cloyster or the rocks, however all of these work in practice more like wallbreakers or bruisers, non of them have a realiable healing move like softboiled or recover. This idea has room for exploration, a sort of "reverse Chansey" if you will (with lover stats, obv): especially frail, eats physical attacks for breakfast and heals up afterwards.

Slim shady: A mon designed as a (w)rapper. Either being designed around spamming a preexisting partial trapping move or having a signature one.

Super luck but not really: A mon designed around using at least two high crit-rate moves, not necessarily STAB, but being able to constantly punish both reflect and amnesia at least to the point is forces a switch out.

Fast Speciality: A special setup user with relatively high speed. The great mayority of setup users like Tobybro or Amnesia Snorlax are slow which leads to them getting crit with ease, especially with twaves on the mix. This pokémon is a faster take on these types of sweepers, which i believe can be balanced if done correctly.

Mixed Psychic type: Pretty self explanatory. A psychic type that can use a lot of physical moves to its advantage, with a decent special stat so that it can use its stab.
Reverse Chansey: Stealing this straight out of slate one, a Pokémon designed to have high HP and Phys-Def bulk but minimal Special, throwing out damage output similar to Chansey with Physical attacks and tanking moves from mons like Snorlax and Tauros. It would serve a similar purpose as a Tank that is good for pivoting and absorbing status, but would be outclassed due to how generally Special-dependent the upper echelon mons are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)