Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

So to get this right: (this is a question)
I use Double Edge with my Exeggutor as the opponent switches in his Chansey. Then I use Stun Spore with Exeggutor (yes I know you don't use these moves on the same set, It's just an example) and the Chansey uses Counter. Should it counter the DE damage?

p2

Banned deucer.
Counter will fail since the last move used was a non attacking move. if your Exeggutor full para'd the turn it tried to stun spore, chansey would land counter

edit: oh my bad

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
no p2, as per the link posted on the previous page paralysis moves are excluded from that check

you'd counter the recoil that exeggutor took, not the damage chansey took from double edge. if we use Egg Bomb in the example to make it more straightforward though, yes, counter would counter the egg bomb damage

no

i just tested on cart and counter fails in that scenario

for the same reasons i just said in my post on the previous page

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
we're all dumb

could chansey use thunder wave and then counter though?

could chansey use thunder wave and then counter though?
Well it depends. Twave doesn't clear the damage if that's what you mean, unless it misses due to accuracy.

For example in this scenario:

A: Golem -> Chansey
B: Exeggutor DE

B: Exeggutor -> Alakazam
A: Chansey TWave

B: Alakazam -> Snorlax
A: Chansey Counter

Counter will hit.

Reactions: Isa
while we are at it might as well implenting ties correctly would be good, there is like only 2 scenarios where u can tie in rby:

- explosion / selfdestruct
- recoil moves: double edge, submission, take down and struggle

rn ps uses the inverse of self-ko to call the winner (the attacker wins)

also gsc adv dpp needs an update in the same fashion

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
How is paralysis + confusion implemented in Gen 1?
Very very wrongly. Good catch, it'll be fixed next update (among other things)! Let me know if you see any other issues there (higher numbers have precedence over lower numbers). I briefly tested the partial trapping effect with the rest of the effects in Red, and as far as I can tell they're all in the right order now.

Using a FULLY-paralyzed Jynx in Gen 1 RandBat I was seemingly able to mimic a switch-in Slowbro's Amnesia. This all happened on one turn - I hit the Skip Animation button and Slowbro had switched in (replacing a Porygon) and Jynx had gained Amnesia with 15PP, but the accompanying text in the log claimed that Jynx was fully paralyzed and couldn't move during that turn. Amnesia then worked normally

apologies for lack of replay and for not extensively researching RBY Mimic before this post to see if this was intended.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but Gen 1 Tradebacks teams make it onto the standard Gen 1 OU ladder, and it's an exploit more and more people are taking advantage of. I just lost over 30 points on the ladder because someone used Hypnosis Persian and there's no way I could have expected that. Before that, I faced Thunder Punch Alakazam. Before that, Rolling Kick Electabuzz, all in the last couple days, and some of them even brag about how they're circumventing the rules to do it. Not cool and I'd love for that to be fixed as soon as possible :(

As a great fan of tradebacks RBY and one who's elated that it finally has its own ladder on Showdown, I'd like to add to Golden Gyarados' report that the ladder will need to be reset or reverted to pre-validator-glitch values when OU's true ruleset is restored, as the surprise factor of random tradebacks teams is allegedly scrambling the rankings.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but Gen 1 Tradebacks teams make it onto the standard Gen 1 OU ladder, and it's an exploit more and more people are taking advantage of. I just lost over 30 points on the ladder because someone used Hypnosis Persian and there's no way I could have expected that. Before that, I faced Thunder Punch Alakazam. Before that, Rolling Kick Electabuzz, all in the last couple days, and some of them even brag about how they're circumventing the rules to do it. Not cool and I'd love for that to be fixed as soon as possible :(
I fixed this just before the above two posts but didn't get a chance to post here until now. Should be live soonish!

Weird Clamp bug in a battle just now. Turn 22 he used his last Clamp PP ... but turn 23 was Struggle? Clamp should have lasted at least another turn, plus he clearly had other moves left (see Turn 24)

Turn 21
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
Chansey, come back!
Go! Exeggutor!
The opposing Cloyster used Clamp!
The opposing Cloyster's attack missed!
Turn 22
The opposing Cloyster used Clamp!
It's not very effective... Exeggutor lost 4.3% of its health!
Exeggutor can't move!
Turn 23
The opposing Cloyster used Struggle!
Exeggutor lost 4.3% of its health!
The opposing Cloyster is damaged by the recoil!
Exeggutor can't move!
Turn 24
★Golden Gyarados: wait WHAT
The opposing Cloyster used Blizzard!
The opposing Cloyster's attack missed!
Exeggutor used Stun Spore!
The opposing Cloyster is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Meloettaaa , there's no notification of when partial trapping moves end in the games. I think SOMALIA is getting confused of when it incorrectly notified on PO.

There seems to be a bug with stat boosting moves...
I just had a battle where my Venomoth used Psychic on a Tangela and got a spc drop, then Tangela used growth and the special stayed at -1 (according to what is displayed on the screen), Replay, turns 9-11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)