FU Metagame Discussion Thread (Heat Rock has been banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we unban heat rock: We lost sawsbuck so sun is no longer too much problem and other chlorophyl users(weepinbell,ivysaur,belossom)aren t really broken and some of them realy frail and all of them aren t fast as sawsbuck in the sun actually.

My Fu thoughts:I think we must firstly update threat list for FU because ı think this would be really helpful for new players.
Threat list would be like this http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ms-threat-list-and-more.3548945/#post-6412094(actually this is ag threat list but we can make a similiar threat list for FU)
No because Semisear lacked solid switch-ins before Heat Rock was banned and now that a bunch of water Pokemon left the tier, there won't be many Pokemon that could take a Specs Overheat or 2+ Fire Blast in the sun.

Honestly, I think Simisear itself is an issue now, but it's too early to be calling for a suspect or anything.
I agree with that, especially considering that some of the water types that remain are 4x damaged by Grass Knot... However I must say that maybe it is Simisear what it might need a ban instead of heat rock... Still 3 or 4 Sun turns are more than enough to hit like a truck with sun boosted Specs or LO Fire Blast

I love posting cores and here's one I've used in games against Skankovich (ayo sb) and some others that play FU, and it's worked wonders for me.

Lairon + Gourgeist-Large

Lairon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Gourgeist-Large @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

This core takes on most physical attacking mons in the tier with relative ease but can also check special ones as well with their decent typing and great overall bulk. It checks Murkrow (HP Ground hurts though), Raticate, Butterfree, Seviper, Swoobat, Zweilous, Huntail, Gogoat, Klang, Metang, Physical Persian, Regigigas, Dragonair, Fearow, Purugly, Whiscash, Furfrou, Seaking, Shelgon, Shedinja, Croconaw, etc. So I'd definitely give this duo a try if you want a balanced core to base your team around and build from there. It struggles with special attackers (especially Simisear) and some physical attackers with decent coverage (like Beartic) so build accordingly.

I love posting cores and here's one I've used in games against Skankovich (ayo sb) and some others that play FU, and it's worked wonders for me.

Lairon + Gourgeist-Large

Lairon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Gourgeist-Large @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

This core takes on most physical attacking mons in the tier with relative ease but can also check special ones as well with their decent typing and great overall bulk. It checks Murkrow (HP Ground hurts though), Raticate, Butterfree, Seviper, Swoobat, Zweilous, Huntail, Gogoat, Klang, Metang, Physical Persian, Regigigas, Dragonair, Fearow, Purugly, Whiscash, Furfrou, Seaking, Shelgon, Shedinja, Croconaw, etc. So I'd definitely give this duo a try if you want a balanced core to base your team around and build from there. It struggles with special attackers (especially Simisear) and some physical attackers with decent coverage (like Beartic) so build accordingly.
Add Specially defensive Hypno (its gonna make it terribly weak to Krokorok but it does have Wish support for Lairon) or Specially defensive Zweilous (excellent for shuffling and Zwei + Gourg have always been a pretty good core, even for PU) and it will make an even better core... :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)