SM OU From Dusk Till Dawn [Peaked 1762]

Teambuilding Process

I've always loved Lycanroc as a 'mon, both concept wise and in design, but Midday lacked any way to hit steels while Midnight was too slow to be viable. With USUM giving us Dusk form's Tough Claws, along with access to Drill Run, I knew I had to build with it.

Since Lycanroc-Dusk lacks the extra two points in Speed from Midday, I decided the best way to build with it would be Webs.

Of course, no Webs team is complete without a spinblocker, and nothing does the job quite like Mimikyu.

I figured that Magearna would be appropiate, allowing me to potentially try and bluff Lycanroc's z-move as well as being a general nuisance.

I began to realize the team was extremely setup reliable and worked to fix this by adding two of the heaviest hitters in OU, Medicham and Greninja.

After a lot of experimentation, I found that Ribombee is not the best for setting Webs. I messed around with everything else, but I find myself liking Shuckle the most of the bunch. And with the help of weirdo faye, I traded Cham for Zam.​

Team Analysis

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Fire Fang
The star of the show, Lycanroc. I obviously wanted to build with Drill Run, and Fire Fang was kind of a necessity for Ferrothorn/Celesteela. The rest is fairly self explanatory, and although there are times where priority would be nice, what I currently have is usually preferred.​

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic
The glue of this team, the butter for Lycanroc's bread. Everything is fairly self explanatory, I run 8 speed so as to win the speed tie against opposing Shuckle, since Encoring them is a huge plus.​

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
Mimikyu, the mandatory abuser of Webs. Having the ability to spinblock is always a benefit, even with the amount of new Defoggers. Also having something to scare out most setup sweepers trying to abuse the first turns makes Mimikyu the perfect addition.​

Magearna @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
The savior itself, Magearna. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the brink of loss, only for Magearna to save me once more. Double dance is very rarely expected nowadays, making it quite easy to snowball into victory. It also helps against some of the few things unaffected by Webs, such as Scarfers like Lando-T, Latios, or Keldeo.​

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 144 Def / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast / Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Huge shoutout to weirdo faye for the idea of Alakazam, being able to weaken 'mons for Mag and outspeed grounded mons with ease. The spread is meant to outspeed Ash outside of webs, while the defense somewhat helps me in dealing with Scizor... somewhat. It's a work in progress.

Greninja-Ash @ Splash Plate
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
Lastly, we have Gen 7's poster boy, Greninja. Greninja is kind of the blanket 'mon this team needed, it provides Taunt for Defoggers, it has an amazing speed tier, it hits like a truck. I would make it Modest, but some mon's like Gren or Torn-T have stayed my hand.​

Past Member(s)

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
Ever suddenly come up with an idea so genius, you wonder why it isn't the norm? Meet Cham in Webs. While I'm sure it's been done before, I have yet to see it this gen and it astounds me every time. Medicham can do it all, beat offense, pressure stall, even just being a nuisance with Fake Out.​
Threatlist
- More specifically, Scarf Keld. If I play it smart, Alakazam or Magearna can take any one hit and either KO or put it in range of priority, however, Scarf Keldeo does possess the ability to toss this team around if I let things get weakened. Luckily, Mimikyu's Disguise is usually saved for it.
- Any Webs team fears Bisharp, and I am no exception. Typically speaking, I can play around it with my priority mons, and there is always making predictions with Lycanroc or Magearna, but it doesn't change the fact that it definitely forces me to outplay my opponent.
- Pretty much the bane of my existence. If I see Gyarados on the opposing side, I'm forced to lead differently and hope I can catch it. If I fail to do this and it gets +1, well, things get ugly. I've been lucky enough to mostly see three attacks or Taunt, but Sub can result in an ugly loss.
- On it's own, M-Lopunny can chip a lot out of my team with Fake Outs. However, the set that has me place it on the threatlist would be Sub + PUP as a lead. I usually click Encore with Shuckle Turn 1 for this reason alone. If I manage to break Sub, I can potentially save myself with Mimikyu, but it requires a lot of playing around.
- SD Scizor causes problems. Simple as that. Alakazam can stop it pre-SD, and Greninja can put it a dent in it, but Lycanroc is pretty much my only real answer, and I have to bank on them not clicking BP. It's... kind of a bloodbath, but luckily Defog has been seeing more usage.

Shoutouts/Conclusion
Huge shoutouts to juanpandamon and SamTheSwan, without them think tanking this team would probably be more garbage than it already is. Also shoutout to weirdo faye, who gave some suggestions to help this team out and reach a new peak. Anyways, that's about it! Webs HO is a ton of fun and I highly recommend trying it out.

P.S. importable is at the top

Last edited:
Hi, I'm going to offer a few suggestions. Personally, I've never used webs that much but I think the suggestions would be worth you testing out.

Give running aguav berrry over leftovers on magearna a try. Since this team is ho, you'll find yourself in situations where magearna needs to take a lot of damage in order to set up a shift gear or calm mind and this berry can recover it a lot more health than leftovers does because battles usually go by fast with teams likes yours and you won't have much much turns to fully take advantage of leftovers.

Magearna @ Aguav Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Specs ashgren doesn't fit well on webs, at least on paper. With webs being ho, you're not gonna be switching out that much and specs spikes is a pretty bad thing to lock yourself into considering that. You could try out a splash plate on ashgren. It's a viable set which players have used before. Running taunt on this team can help with keeping webs up.

Greninja-Ash @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Spikes

>
The reason why I'm suggesting this is because currently you don't have anything that can force in and weaken mons such as heatran and ferrothorn to allow magearna to sweep. As the team has lycanroc to pressure physical walls for mimikyu, it's probably not a bad idea to try out alakazam. Furthermore, any ou grounded mon will never outpace alakazam making it's chances of sweeping pretty decent. You could also run taunt as your filler move to stop webs from getting removed.

Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

That's all I can offer, I don't think my rate was amazing because it didn't help patch up the sd scizor weakness and also chances of you beating stall with this are probably pretty slim. Hopefully this helps though.

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes
- Taunt

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Magearna @ Aguav Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Fire Fang

faye, thanks for the rate!

The Aguav on Magearna is exactly what I felt this team lacked, Leftovers were nice for residual recovery but Aguav has been a tremendous help for when Magearna sets up.

As for Greninja, I'm mixed on Taunt. Shuriken has been a huge help with it's priority that I don't feel comfortable changing, although Splash Plate is definitely worth testing more. Perhaps I'll drop Spikes, I'll definitely be experimenting with different ways to use it.

Alakazam > Medicham has been interesting, Taunt here is nice although there are occasions where I miss the power of Cham. I also find myself liking HP Fire more so than Focus Blast, since it does somewhat help with M-Scizor and I dislike missing. I'll be updating the OP with these changes in mind, so again, thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)