ORAS UU FORRETOISE - Hazard Stack

Right so after a lot of experimenting i came up with this team that im rather happy with. Its gotten me to 1480 on the UU ladder which for me is really high and im hoping to push on to the 1500's. So any advice on improving it will be a great help! The team building began with a core concept which then kinda snowballed into the final product which to my surprise i really liked. So here goes.....

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

So here is where it all began. For a new player like me I feel that forretress is just the best beginner friendly mon out there soo reliable at spinning and spiking. Add to that his pivoting with the slow volt switch and gyro ball for mega aero etc is just great. So with this guy taking care of spinning it opened up all 4 slots for the next mon on the team who normally has to give up one move for rapid spinning.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

With blastoise having all 4 of the above moves it makes it a daunting task for most mons to switch into him as even opposing grass types have to be careful. Also he is a bulky water that provides immediate firepower to any fire types trying to bully forretress. He can also switch into Entei's sacred fire and not be rendered useless by a burn. The 152 speed investment is to be quicker than max speed Crawdaunt.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Roserade was then introduced to deal with the likes of florges/ sylveon/ suicune who blastoise cannot power through along with offering some protection from electric and grass attacks. I really like the life orb set with technician to surprise opposing steels and chesnaught. Its great at removing forretress who almost always switches in and a cocky mega beedril who does not protect on the first turn. Toxic spikes is situational but is great for late game situations against stubborn blissey's & alomamola's etc.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Now we move on to the 3rd part of the FWG core which is the standard Scarf Darm set. this guy is soo amazing at cleaning late game and keeping up moment with u turn completing the volt-turn core with forretress. Not much else to say. hes here for raw power and can also revenge kill a Gyarados and Mega Aero along with and grass type that takes out blastoise.

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

I then put Krookodile as he offers so much in this meta. Great typing along with intimidate, stealth rocks, stopping volt-swithc and pursuit trapping. He also protects forretres and roserade and with Stealth rocks Iv got all 3 types of hazards barring webs and the hazard stacking makes Darmanitans late game sweep much easier.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Finally the standard Cleric Florges. Iv got florges over sylveon as it has more Special defence and flower veil protects roserade. Its main job is to keep its mates alive with wish and take out dragons and fighting types.

Right so this is the team now onto the threats that i really struggle with. Also it lack priority (Blastoise/Krook/Roserade not the quickest)

Celebi - Destroys Krook/Blastoise unless on switch/ roserade. NP can hurt florges as well

Conkeledurr - Very scary, Mach punch hurts darmanitan's longevity and poison jab for florges.

Porygon Z - scarf/specs both are terryfying

Tentacruel is also annoying if Krook is taken out.

Spec Sylveon - has to be revenge killed

CHANGES -

Iv tried the Sub DD Bounce set of Gyarados instead of Blastoise for Conc and Celebi which is good but then Hone Claws aero has a field trip.

Arcanine - Banded Flash Fire over Darmanitan

Great for entei and willow whispers who try and hurt Krook/ Forretress. ESpeed is also soo usefull but the tragedy is that it cannot outspeed and hence revenge kill Celebi or shaymin if to low and they are high.

So this it it. In conclusion its a fun team that does have a decent chance against most play styles. Looking forward to hearing what can be made better. Cheers.

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey bud, I love spike stacking so I really want to help you. I've noticed several fatal flaws with this team Including Cleric florges who is outclassed by Cleric sylveon, Specs Hydreigon can be a Huge issue, and so can nasty plot infernape. Don't worry, I have some fixes that will help.

To start things off, I believe forry should run a Spd spread: 240 hp 16 def 252 Spd Careful. It lets you check sylveon alot better, Gives you rocks, and, also gives you spin. I'm suggestion running Pin missle and heavy slam as def sylveon can out stall gyros, and pin missle lets you more solidly beat Celebi.

Next Pokemon I would like to fix is krookodile. Since you already have rocks on Forretress, I would like to consider a choice band set with iron tail. This move easily 2hkos def cleric sylveon on the switch. Which is really nice for limiting opposing Sylveons defensive capabilites and options. a simple choice band set with knock off pursuit (for chandelure mostly as your really weak vs it) earthquake and iron tail gives you a very strong wall breaking offensive presence.

To continue, I would like to remove mega blastoise. Its purpose is be a strong bulky offensive spinner, which in our case we have filled that role so you could use speed control. The perfect mega to do this is Mega Aerodactyl. It ofcouse gives you and offensive option vs Celebi, and allows you to potentially trap mega beedrill, and chandelure with the set I will provide: 252 attack 252 speed jolly. Move set: Wing attack Stone Edge Earthquake Pursuit.

Here I would like to add Chesnaught over roserade. The fact that i removed spikes on forry is huge and i needed a replacement that nicely gets up spikes, was a grass type, and counters Krook. The set I feel here that is most optimal is the standard 252hp 252def sets with the following: Wood hammer, Leech seed, spikes shield. I have chose leech seed seeing as suicune is a threat, so all you have to do is seed, and wood hammer away (provided you dodge burns) Spikey shield allows you to scout Sylveon out, and allows you to 1 v 1 gyarados.

Now I Would like to replace darmanitan for sub cm chandelure. This mon allows you to spin Block other forretresses, and gives you a nice offensive wincon, as well as making your opponet less likely to click sacred fire vs you due to its flash fire ability, though you have 2 Protect mons weak to it that can scout it out. A Standard 252 special Attack 252 speed timid/modest set works. Not to mention is outright counters the huge threat known as nasty plot Infernape here.

Lastly, Ofcourse I had to replace Florges for Cleric sylveon as it simply does florges job way better. Another note is that Hyper Voice is stupid strong which lets you beat out conkeldurr alot easier.

Closing: I really hope some my edits helped!

Import:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ark
hey man some really interesting changes, have implemented them and the team handles all the mons i listed as mega threats sooo much better! A bit weaker to fire types but they can be revenged and played around no doubt. Also mega aero is a mon i really wanted to build around next soo to have him on this team is a treat.

Thanks for the help. Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)