ORAS OU Fluffy Clouds (Mega-Altaria Offense)

Should Landorus-T be Banned?

• What's a Landorus-T?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Hey Guys! LucarioOfLegends here, with another RMT.
My last two didn't get any detailed rates, so let's change that today!

To begin, I decided to make a team based around the BL powerhouse, Mega Altaria. It was a premier Pokemon with really good stats, an awesome ability, and has the ability to check the OU meta with its movepool. I chose the Dragon Dance set to help its subpar speed stat and offensive capabilities

As Altaria is weak to Rocks and stuff before Mega Evolving, it was only natural for me to get some sort of hazard control. I decided to use Mold Breaker Excadrill. He is able to setup and spin away hazards for Altaria, and can kill threatening Poison and Steel types like Gengar and Bisharp. In return, Altaria is able to KO Water types that could threaten its lifespan.

As almost everyone benefits from a free switch, A pivot would be helpful to get Altaria in. And since I will literally never use Landorus-T,(have you seen my signature?) my choice was
Rotom Wash
. Rotom-Wash can pivot out of most situations, tank some hits, burn setup sweepers, and can KO Mons with Hydro Pump. Both Pokemon also benefit from a slow Volt Switch.

With the addition of Rotom-Wash, I realized my team would struggle against special walls, especially Mega-Venusaur. The best Pokemon for this role is Reuniclus. While slower than a Shuckle stuck in Sticky Web, it has the ability to smash through special walls with Psyshock, and can act as my wincon with Calm Mind. Altaria helps this Pokemon by taking on Mega Sableye, and in return, Reuniclus can absorb status.

From the beginning, I have been weak to the duke of OU, Mega-Metagross. Even now, he could sweep through my team rather easily, so it was time to change that. The best check to Megagross, and Steel in general, was
Victini. Having the ability to beat a Megagross 1v1, Victini also has the ability to check a multitude of Mons with its Victory-Star boosted coverage moves.

Finally, my team lacked a good revenge killer, and bulky Water created some problems for my team. A great solution to this was
Technician Breloom. It has the ability to revenge kill pokemon using Mach Punch, which gains a Technician boost. It also helps the rest of the team with Spore support.

Nimbus (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
This thing is a powerhouse. It can smash through a ton of pokemon in the tier once mega evovled, and gains a great fairy typing. Dragon Dance boosts its Attack stat, to assist the power of Return and EQ, and its Speed stat, which is subpar at best. Pixilate 102 power STAB Return is a force to be reckoned with, as it also gets DD boosts. Earthquake covers all of the Fairy type weaknesses, and is only resisted by some Pokemon. Fire Blast hits just about anything else, and very much hurts Scizor and Ferrothorn.​

GIGADRILL (Excadrill) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
While I'm not usually one who relies too heavily on rocks, Excadrill is a very nice Pokemon to have for hazard control. His good moveset, ability and attack stat make it very easy to net KOs as well. EQ is a staple on any Excadrill, and needs no explanation. Iron Head is a secondary STAB for Flying and Fairy types, and the flinch chance doesn't hurt either. Rapid Spin is used to spin away hazards that could threaten execution of roles. Stealth Rock, while not used as often, helps sets up Rocks to use to my advantage.

Spin Cycle (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​
Spin Cycle the Rotom-Wash returns for another bout! As a staple pivot of OU, his ability to cripple opposing pokemon and SlowTurn out makes him a great fit for this team. Volt Switch is STAB, and keeps momentum up by a free switch. Hydro Pump is his main STAB, and is extremely powerful. Will-O-Wisp burns opposing Pokemon, making it easier to insert Pokemon safely. Finally, Pain Split act as a recovery move, and also damages the opponent, but is only semi-reliable.

Robotnik (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
Being a super intelligent Pokemon, it must know how important it is. Acting as a primary wincon, it can smash through teams with its unique set of tools, and can soak up status with Magic Guard. Calm Mind boosts his special stats to ridiculous levels making him a near unstoppable force. Psyshock, while not as powerful as Psychic, has the ability to hit on an opponent's defense, giving them the ability to break through Pokemon such as Chansey, and gets a STAB bonus. Focus Blast is used to deter common Pursuit trapper, and hit the ever problematic Steel type. Recover is a reliable recovery move that keeps Reuniclus healthy through the match.

Victoria (Victini) @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- Energy Ball
I LOVE this thing. Boasting the strongest non-sacrificial move in the form of V-create, and a spectacular moveset boosted by Victory Star, Victini can break through anything its heart desires. V-Create is her main STAB, and sends anything that doesn't resist it into the next county. Bolt Strike is a strong electric type move that gains near perfect accuracy with the Victory Star boost, and has a paralysis chance for extra annoyance :). Glaciate is ice coverage, and lowers the opponents speed stat when hit. Last but not least, Energy Ball is a coverage move that hits Pokemon like Quagsire and Swampert.

KO (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
With that sweet mushroom hat, Breloom is a Pokemon that brings new meaning to the phrase "stylish but deadly". With technician boosted moves, Breloom can kill a number of threats to the team, and uses his priority to beat other revenge killers. Spore, having perfect accuracy can put the opponent to sleep, and is used to play mind games with the opponent. Bullet Seed is my grass STAB, and gets a hefty boost from Technician. Mach Punch is a legendary STAB move that has both priority and a technician boost. Swords Dance sends my attack Stat sky high, and can be freely used on a predicted switch or a Spored Pokemon.

Feel free to rate! (Just be specific)
Hope you enjoyed!
Ban Landorus-T!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)