ORAS UU Fletchinder Semi-Stall (Peaked Top 20)

The Squad

Hey UU, you guys probably know me as the guy who is crazy enough to run Fletch stall in the dying tier which is now ORAS UU. With the release of Sun and Moon, I thought I might as well make my first RMT for one of my of most successful and creative teams. The team building process took me a while because I prefer to do a trial and error type of building where I just start with random mons. One day that poke happened to be Fletchinder, and I quickly realized its underrated potential. I decided to use semi-stall as it can slowly wear down opposing threats so they can easily be cleaned by priority acrobatics. Now lets get into the team.

Fletchinder

Lina (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics

Lina (no D) the focal point of the team is usually the main win condition as very little can be done in UU to counter flying spam. 252 Adamant is used to maximize power. Swords Dance is used to boost its attack even further to ensure certain KOs. The 104 speed is used to outpace jolly crawdaunt aqua jets. Wisp is useful as it lets you get residual damage and cripple attackers. I found it particularly effective against ground types like krook, donphan, and even steels like mega aggron. Setting up on a krookodile without stone edge and aggron without roar is very possible. If I don't see an immediate flying weakness, I just keep it in the back as a late game cleaner.

Suicune

November Rain(Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

November Rain, the standard CroCune set which has been so dominant in UU for such a long time. Suicune acts as a last resort win con, and a secondary defensive backbone to mega steelix. Scald burns are always useful. What more can be said about the best bulky water in UU.

Mega Steelix

(Crimson Chin) Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

The Crimson Chin was certainly an odd pick and I was skeptical about it at first as it is usually outclassed by mega Aggron. Steelix provides stealth rocks and powerful stabs on top of its monster defenses and its ability to roar out threats. It pairs good with sylveon, receiving its big wishes and its heal bells. The ground typing was the deal breaker for me as it can stop volt-turn in its tracks.

Crobat

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Crobat is the teams form of speed control and hazard control. I was debating with tentacruel or crobat for a while now as crobat adds another rocks weakness, while tenta is relatively slow and doesn't provide much offensive momentum. Sky plate gives crobat extra power to deal with Conk better. U turn provides much needed momentum on this relatively passive team. Infiltrator also comes in handy to hit through subs. Predictions are essential when using crobat as it is the only thing that gets rid of rocks, which hits fletch for 50%.

Sylveon

Yogurt (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Yogurt fills up the void on the specially defensive side. Fairy typing is always a positive in UU as they are few and far between. I found a fully special defensive, though not common, fit well on this team as I already have 2 very great physical walls. Sylveon provides wish support and heal bell support and hits hard even with an uninvested hyper voice.

Celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Celebi being one of the recent drops to UU, turned out to be one of the top tier threats in the tier. Its typing went well with fletchinder, so i decided to use its Nasty Plot set as a secondary win condition if fletchinder dies early. Celebi also allows me to deal with the plethora of water types in the tier.

Threats
Empoleon and Gyarados

These are the two water types which this team struggles to deal with. Empoleon usually has to be played around using predictions. It can also be slowly worn down by scald burn. Gyarados has to be dealt with quickly as it can sweep through the whole team with relative ease. Crobats brave bird can usually hit through the sub or else it needs to be burned with scald.

Shoutouts
Sorry if I forgot anyone. This is gunna be a long one
The whole DTA crew (CBU , YouthBerry , Pillow Wisp , PinkDragonTamer , BadRapSample , Bhris Brown , Haate , Island Spices , PokeTCG gamer1288 , Cubonesmother , Chill Shadow , Sun)
Accelgor Merlouvynis horsehead3

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Yo Lord Iroh my dude, i just have a few quick suggestions,

• max spdef sylv definitely does have a place on this team, but i think an alternate EV spread could work to check gyarados better while still retaining that spdef bulk. a spread like 248 HP / 84 Def / 164 SpD / 8 Spe with a Bold Nature lets Sylveon live a +2 Waterfall after rocks and maybe pick it off after weakening it while it set up. even though spdef sylv is good, I think you should definitely test max def sylv because it helps you check Iron Tail hydreigon a lot better, but its up to you.
  • run creep on your suicune, just to get a jump on some pokemon like mega blastoise and set up on it (52 Speed even helps it beat Specs Sylveon 1v1)
  • i understand that shadow ball helps beat other celebi and bronzong, but you have a great check for celebi in steelix as well as 2 reliable revenge killers so i would try out Earth Power > Shadow Ball to hit Empoleon mainly, while also smacking stall that rely on mega aggron and mega steelix as their Celebi check (which they shouldn't). ep also helps softening up most steels for fletch sweep
team looks 100 bud gl
-pdt (dta is top 1)

Hello Lord Iroh, i have seen your team and i noticed the following weaknesses :

- Standart Bulky Offenses with M-Aero/Krook or Entei/Sylv/Celebi are a big weakness of your team because this kind of team can easily play around your team. The pokemons they compound this kind of team heavily pressure your team and, with the new klefki, entry hazards help them to force many switches and apply an amazing pressure to your team for M-Aero's sweep. Your team can't really play around this kind of teams and the few plays you can make can be easily countered by this kind of team.
- Bulky sweepers like CM Cresselia, CM Reuniclus, CM Suicune and bulky mons in general are troublesome for team. In particular CM Reuniclus because it has Shadow Ball for Celebi and M-Steelix and in all cases, those mons can be paired with something that annoy Celebi like M-Aggron, Hydreigon or Heracross, the last two can also deal with M-Steelix with a fire or fighting move respectively.

So, to cover those weaknesses, i would like to propose you some changes :

The first change i would like to propose you to cover those weaknesses is Dread Plate rocks Krookodile > M-Steelix because it offers you so many possibilities : it offers you a trappper to trap some things they annoy your sweepers like Cresselia or Reuniclus, it offers you a Knock Off user to remove the oposing mons' items, it offers you a rocker which can set-up rocks on annoying things like Metagross or non Scarf Chandelure (in particular locked into shadow ball), and so on.
For the set we use rocks, knock off, earthquake and pursuit to trap annoying things but taunt can also be used if you want more hazard control but i really like pursuit because of its ability to help Fletchinder, Celebi or Suicune to sweep.

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit/Taunt
- Stealth Rock

After adding Krookodile, you are seriously lacking of a fairy answer. Crobat isn't a very reliable fairy answer because it's 2HKOed by specs Sylveon's Hyper Voice. So, you need something that is a fairy answer, and that can play the roles that Crobat plays on the team. Forretress fits perfectly at this slot because it is a good fairy answer, a good pivot, a good hazard remover and it can even set-up Spikes to apply an amazing pressure when pokemons come out.
For the set, we use Heavy Slam to inflict better damages to Sylveon than Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin to remove hazards, Volt Switch to pivot and for the last move we can use Pin Missile for Celebi, Spikes for additional hazards or even Gyro Ball to inflict more damages to faster pokemons. Overcoat is the choosen ability because it offers you a pseudo status absorber immuned to powder moves like Rosarede or Venomoth's Sleep Powder. Sturdy can also be but the role of Forretress will often be to remove hazards they do that it isn't full heal. 0 IVs in speed are here to be as slow as possible and to inflict better damages with Gyro Ball if it is choosen.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Pin Missile/Spikes/Gyro Ball

Roar > Sleep Talk on Suicune : With Steelix gone, your team is lacking of a phazer. So, roar on Suicune is nacessary because it can phaze pokemons like Chandelure or Gyarados which M-Steelix can't phaze.

Earth Power > Shadow Ball on Celebi : Like PinkDragonTamer said Earth Power allows you to hit Steel and Fire types super Effectively which is great for your team and in particular Fletchinder.

You can also run a physically defensive repartition which allows you to beat Iron Tail Hydreigon, Conkeldurr and other physical attackers more easily.

It's a really solid team and i hope those changes will help you. Have a nice day ;)

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man, cool looking team, I used a fairly similar team back in UUPL and LTPL. I just have a few small recommendations for it n_n

• First off, I'd recommend using Milotic > Suicune, this team has a fairly hard time taking on bulky set-up sweepers like Reuniclus, Snorlax, Cresselia, etc, as its only way of dealing with these is Roaring it out w/ Lix or getting into a set-up battle with Celebi (Reuniclus and Cress CAN use Signal Beam, though it is rather uncommon). I found Milotic to be a good fit here because of access to Haze and the ability to shut down Gyara on your threat list as well. Also 3 set-up sweepers on one team is kinda insane for semi-stall ._. here's the set

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Haze

• Next, I'd probably change the spread on Sylveon to 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe with a Bold or Calm nature (depending on whether you still want that SpDef boost w/ Calm). Trust me that Sylveon's don't need that much SpDef @_@. Sylveon being an all-around wall is one of the main draws to its effectiveness in the tier.
But yeah, really solid team! I'd try to play around with Bronzong over Steelix as well for stuff like the Nidos as the team is relatively weak to them as well, but they're pretty easy to play around as it is with these types of teams so it's purely preference. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)