SV OU First Team - Sticky Webs Offensive

ribombee.gif
dfpqhhv-0fa2a7b9-954c-46ba-8355-9e3342d25771.gif
gliscor.gif
dragapult.gif
meowscarada.gif
hatterene.gif

Hi every1! This is my first team, a sticky webs team based around ribombee and gholdengo (obvs) and friends. The idea is to slowly chip down while preventing web removal with gholdengo. Not much more to say so i'll get into the details

1713686174318.png

Ribombee (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore
- Quiver Dance

The web setter of the team, not much to see here. Quiver Dance over something like U-Turn because I can threaten to set up and sweep if needed. Not sure about steel vs. ghost tera type so I just went with steel since I tend to not use Ribombee's tera anyway.

1713686425389.png

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

Pairs well with Ribombee by stopping web removal. Pretty standard set except for focus blast over recover since I find that I rarely use recover on it. Fighting tera allows resistance to dark type moves, namely knock off or sucker punch.

1713686590110.png

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Spikes

Gliscor is a secondary hazard setter that can stack with sticky web to REALLY discourage swap ins. Also allows me to just toxic and protect stall anything I can't outright kill. Earthquake is there for ground type STAB as well as targeting common threats such as garganacl.

1713686818307.png

Dragapult (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Specs dragapult provides a really nice revenge killer / immediate power that often catches people off guard. Infiltrator over clear body because in my experience being set up on by screens is more common than webs. Tera fairy is there too incase I want pult to survive an otherwise super-effective attack.

1713686990546.png

Meowscarada (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- Triple Axel
- U-turn

Meowscarada feels like the least comfy mon on this team, though I couldn't tell you why. The boots pivot is certainly useful and tera fire provides crucial resistances to ice fairy and steel, but I often find myself having to pivot off with U-Turn without gaining much value from coming in.

1713687254130.png

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

Hatterene rounds out my team with a bulky special attacker, as well as coverage moves mystical fire and psyshock. Calm Mind and Draining Kiss threaten to get out of control if left unchecked, and magic bounce is pretty funny when you can bounce hazards back onto them on top of the webs and spikes. Not sure if leftovers is the best choice here but couldn't think of anything else tbh.

The most present threats I find myself facing are walls that dragapult isn't able to smash through. I previously had a belly drum azumarill instead of hatterene but I decided that the defense value of Hatterene was more worth it. Also, I prefer to keep my ribombee alive rather than sacraficing it off the rip, although I usually lead with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Good morning gamer and welcome to the forums!

Your team is neat and clean, no nonsense with some solid pokemon. Since it's your first team I will suggest only a few changes that will make it more effective while not changing it too too much so it's still familiar to you.

The idea of slowly chipping stuff down with webs is a bit of a contradiction so let's maybe kick that up a notch. For Meowscarada, you said that you often find it's not giving you enough value when you switch it in. The best way to fix that would be to swap out the item for a Choice Band. Banded meowscarada hits really hard even with just U-turn and Flower Trick can help blast through those walls that Dragapult might have trouble with. This also synergizes pretty well with your webs, making it both stronger and faster than your opponents.

The second change I would make is your ground guy. Gliscor is a very solid mon but doesn't fit that well on webs because it doesn't benefit much from being faster. Since you use it for Earthquake, Hazards, and to outlast other walls, I would recommend a bulk up Great Tusk with stealth rock. Great Tusk brings some strong defense to your team while still being very threatening with Headlong Rush, and if your opponents are slowed down there's not much that wants to switch in. This will also help against opposing hazards stack, offering pressure and bluffing rapid spin, and is a good check to common anti-webs pokemon like Glimmora and Cinderace. Alternatively you could consider adding Rapid Spin instead of rocks. Would help more against those specific threats and you can still combat hazards with hatterene.

Here is a paste with the changes, I hope they are fun to use! https://pokepast.es/90dea12d752f7a25

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello Friend, let me makes some suggestions for ur sticky web team.

Stickyweb team needs the pokemon which is low speed and high attack ability. Also need the ability to protect the web. I believe i dont need to say much the Ribombee.

can make sure the web keep and give the defensive type to take fighting type move. There is no doubt that its suitable for
and these two are all compaired well with web.
is another new member in web team cause in the past it always act an entryhazards setter and clear, but now u will see its ability when paired with the sticyweb. Also can clear the hazards and web from opp which is more flexable and powerful than
is a nice teammates when ur team got a web that set by ur opp and also can be used in late game as a cleaner. The Ogerpon-Wellspring complement the team's ability to attack and break outside the web, as well as the ability to force through skarmory and Corviknight. Hope u like friend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)