VGC First Competitive Team

Ive been using this team for a while on showdown with pretty good results. Just looking for some input on where i could beef it up and any major flaws that are not apparent to me as a newer player

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

Metagross is an option that I believe is very under rated. Under psychic terrain zen headbutt really puts in work. Meteor mash is great for a STAB and can due a big chunk of damage with choice band. This thing can pull off some great OHKOs that aren't expected

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 110 SpA / 148 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Taunt

Psychic terrain makes Tapu Lele's offensive potential incredibly high. I chose to run a bit more bulk instead of the popular speed/SpA variant. Taunt is a common MVP on the set because it is unexpected and can shut down trick room first turn while still allowing great damage from Metagross.

Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 36 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Discharge
- Protect

Vikavolt does pretty solid damage, but i like that it combos well with mudsdale. The two are nice throw ins to counter a trick room team without affecting eachother. Bug buzz is a nice STAB for tapu bulu or any grass type that is attempting to hit mudsdale.

Mudsdale @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SpD
Brave Nature
- High Horsepower
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide
- Payback

This thing is a wall. It shuts down a lot of electric types, and with the assault vest can survive enough to usually get stamina up at least twice. Due to it's speed iv'e found that payback is a nice touch that is unexpected.

Milotic @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 60 SpA / 28 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Protect

Water type with survivability. Ice beam for garchomp mainly, and scald for STAB. I like the adrenaline orb with the prevalence of intimidate users. With protect and recover Milotic can retain the SpA boost for a longer period of time

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 36 SpA / 12 SpD / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Snarl
- Flamethrower
- Protect

We all know how good he is in the format. Roar is very nice to bounce out a belly drum Snorlax or a Evoboost. Flamethrower was chosen over burn up or overheat since Will-O-wisp had to be dropped for roar.

Thanks in advance! Any critics or advise would be greatly appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)