move 4: Explosion
item: Custap Berry / Normal Gem
ability: Intimidate
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========

Explosion Landorus-T is a sacrificial lead that can set up Stealth Rock early and dent the opponent's team thanks to Swords Dance and Explosion, backed up by its massive Attack stat, which helps it offensively threaten other common leads like Clefable, Zapdos, and Tornadus-T. After a Swords Dance boost, Explosion OKHOes physical walls like Buzzwole, Slowbro, and Clefable as well as common Landorus-T switch-ins like Zapdos and Tornadus-T. Earthquake is both Landorus-T's best STAB move and a great way to hit Normal-resistant foes like Melmetal, Tyranitar, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Additionally, Swords Dance-boosted Earthquake can 2HKO many walls that don't resist it, including Clefable and Ferrothorn. There are also plenty of common Pokemon that are naturally threatened by Earthquake like Heatran, Toxapex, and Tapu Koko. As such, Landorus-T is a great wallbreaker that can provide more to a team than just setting Stealth Rock and using Explosion. Intimidate is not only good for letting it set up Stealth Rock or Swords Dance more easily but can also potentially provide teammates with setup opportunities of their own after Landorus-T faints or uses Explosion. Landorus-T's decent bulk lets it survive strong attacks and get under a quarter of its HP frequently, letting it make great use of Custap Berry to use Explosion or throw off an Earthquake against faster foes before it faints. Some common moves from faster Pokemon that can bring Landorus-T into Custap Berry range are Clear Body Dragapult's Dragon Darts and Choice Scarf Blacephalon's Fire Blast. Alternatively, Landorus-T can make use of Normal Gem to boost Explosion's damage, allowing it to OHKO defensive pivots such as utility Tornadus-T without a Swords Dance boost.

Team Options
========

Explosion Landorus-T fits best on hyper offense teams. Its best partners are offensive teammates that like Stealth Rock to wear down their checks and appreciate the openings that Landorus-T forces with Explosion. Swords Dance Garchomp, Dragon Dance Dragapult, Choice Specs Tapu Lele, and Choice Band Kartana are offensive teammates that can take advantage of Stealth Rock wearing down their switch-ins and Explosion removing defensive walls. Water-types, like Urshifu-R and Tapu Fini, can switch into the Water- and Ice-type attacks that can KO Landorus-T before it can use Explosion or set up Stealth Rock. Similarly, a Weavile check like Buzzwole, Melmetal, or physically defensive Heatran is useful because Landorus-T struggles greatly against Weavile. Due to Landorus-T's lack of longevity, teams utilizing it as their only Stealth Rock user are vulnerable to having Stealth Rock removed. Defiant users like Bisharp and Galarian Zapdos can punish teams looking to remove Landorus-T's Stealth Rock with Defog.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/lemonademaker.602137/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/slowpoke-fan.617219/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/pulsar512b.469728/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/solarbeam.470115/

Last edited:

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Please tag me after implementation so I can go through it again:psyglad:

add remove highlight comment
[SET]
name: Explosive Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Earthquake

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description

Explosion Landorus-T is a suicide lead that can set up Stealth Rocks (the move is officially spelt Stealth Rock, please refer to Spelling and Grammar Standards to familiarise yourself with basic terminology and grammar requirements for analysis writing) early and dent an the opponent's team thanks to Swords Dance and access to Explosion backed up by its massive attack stat. It can offensively threaten other common leads like Clefable, Toxapex, and Mew lacking Will-O-Wisp (Lead Mew is actually quite rare nowadays, replace it with Zapdos and Tornadus-T as both are common leads that cover a lot of the metagame, including defensive Landorus-T. Also remove Toxapex as not many people lead with it - it's a bit too passive to be a common lead.). Landorus-T is best on hyper offense teams. It should be led with and should set up Stealth Rocks as soon as possible to help its teammates. After it sets up Stealth Rocks, it can explode to deal good damage to any non-Ghost type in front of it. Alternatively, it can setup a Sword Dance to drastically increase its damage output in order to more easily score a KO before it goes down (you should write about what the moves do in this section, also move the hyper offense teams sentence to Team Options). +2 After a Swords Dance boost, Explosion is a guaranteed OKHOes on common physical walls like Buzzwole, Slowking, and Clefable (the Slowtwin generally tasked to check Landorus-T is Slowbro, also please mention some of the birds as they are common Landorus-T switch-ins, e.g. Zapdos and Tornadus-T). Earthquake is both a great its best STAB move and a way to hit Tyranitar and Steel-types like Melmetal and Heatran harder than explosion while also not letting it be passive in the face of Ghost-types (rewrite this sentence, you're basically using a lot of words to describe how Earthquake hits a lot of Normal-type resists). Intimidate is not only good for letting Landorus-T set Stealth Rocks or a Swords Dance safer, but can also potentially afford provide teammates with set up (it should be spelt setup in this situation, please refer to the aforementioned link for future analyses) opportunities after Landorus-T faints or explodes. Landorus-T’s decent bulk and Intimidate lets it live strong attacks to frequently and get under a quarter of its HP, letting it make great use of Custap Berry to explode or throw off an Earthquake against faster foes before it faints. Some common moves from faster Pokemon that can bring Landorus-T into Custap Berry range are -1 Urshifu-Rapid-Strike's Ice Punch, two hits from -1 Choice Scarf Kartana's Leaf Blade (this needs to be reworded as it is not recommended to use use raw stat stages in analyses, something like 'Choice Scarf Urshifu-R's Ice Punch and Choice Scarf Kartana's Leaf Blade after an Intimidate drop' works perfectly fine), and Choice Scarf Blacephalon's Fire Blast. Alternatively, Landorus-T can make use of the rarely seen (not exactly rare among Explosion Landorus-T sets) Normal Gem to boost Explosion’s damage. With a Normal Gem equipped, Explosion has a good chance to OHKO physically defensive Clefable and +2 Explosion has good odds to OKHO bulky Scizor., allowing it to OHKO defensive pivots such as Utility Tornadus-T without a Swords Dance boost. (unboosted Explosion is not guaranteed to OHKO Clefable while you should just click Earthquake against Scizor)

Team Options

Offensive teammates should be ran with Explosion Landorus-T. These Pokémon appreciate the Stealth Rocks Landorus-T sets up and the hole it puts into enemy teams after it’s done it’s job. Set up teammates, like Swords Dance Garchomp and Dragon Dance Dragapult, and choice item teammates, like Choice Specs Tapu Lele and Choice Band Kartana, can fit well with Landorus-T. Offensive Water-types, like Urshifu-Rapid-Strike or Volcanion, are helpful for switching into the Water-type and Ice-type attacks aimed at Landorus-T that can KO it before it gets much done. Similarly, a Weavile check like Buzzwole is useful since Landorus-T struggles to do much if your opponent leads Weavile. A Defog punisher, like Bisharp or Galarian Zapdos, is nice since, once Landorus-T is gone, your team can't set up Stealth Rocks again, so counter play to Defog is recommended to take advantage of your opponent trying to remove your hazards. (Rewrite this completely - start from the sentence I told you to put here and make sure to double-check your spelling, grammar and things like apostrophes. As for advice on content, I think you should explain why offensive Pokemon appreciate Landorus-T's Stealth Rock support, e.g. Stealth Rock can wear down their checks. Also mention Tapu Fini for Water-types - it is often seen on offensive teams due to its fantastic dual typing that allows it to compress a lot of defensive roles without being passive. Mention Melmetal and physically defensive Heatran for Weavile checks as both are often found on offensive teams for that role.)

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user5.104/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user6.105/

Last edited:

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
1/2 after implementation :sphearical:

add remove highlight comment
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description

Explosion Landorus-T is a suicide lead that can set up Stealth Rock early and dent the opponent's team thanks to Swords Dance and access to Explosion backed up by its massive attack stat. It, which can offensively threaten other common leads like Clefable, Zapdos, and Tornadus-T. After a Swords Dance boost, Explosion OKHOes common physical walls like Buzzwole, Slowbro, and Clefable, and as well as common Landorus-T switch-ins like Zapdos and Tornadus-T. Earthquake is both its best STAB move and a great way to hit Normal-type resists like Melmetal, Tyranitar, and Blacephalon (you're probably better off mentioning Heatran and Ferrothorn here, bring up Dragapult if you really want to mention a Ghost-type - they're just more relevant Pokemon even though Blacephalon is perfectly viable). Intimidate is not only good for letting Landorus-T set up Stealth Rock or a Swords Dance safer more easily, but can also potentially provide teammates with setup opportunities of their own after Landorus-T faints or explodes. Landorus-T’s decent bulk and Intimidate lets it live strong attacks frequently and get under a quarter of its HP frequently, letting it make great use of Custap Berry to explode or throw off an Earthquake against faster foes before it faints. Some common moves from faster Pokemon that can bring Landorus-T into Custap Berry range are Choice Scarf Urshifu-Rapid-Strike's (it's Urshifu-R, you can check what Pokemon should be called on Smogon in Spelling and Grammar Standards) Ice Punch and two hits from Choice Scarf Kartana's Leaf Blade after an Intimidate drop, and also as well as Choice Scarf Blacephalon's Fire Blast. Alternatively, Landorus-T can make use of Normal Gem to boost Explosion’s damage, allowing it to OHKO defensive pivots such as Utility Tornadus-T without a Swords Dance boost.

Team Options

Landorus-T is fits best on hyper offense teams. Offensive teammates like that that like Stealth Rock to wear down their checks and appreciate the openings that Landorus-T puts into enemy teams after it explodes forces open with Explosion. Swords Dance Garchomp, Dragon Dance Dragapult, Choice Specs Tapu Lele, and Choice Band Kartana, are some offensive teammates that can take advantage of Stealth Rock wearing down their switch-ins and Explosion removing defensive walls and Landorus-T's Explosion removing a wall. Water-types, like Urshifu-Rapid-Strike or and Tapu Fini, are helpful for switching into can switch into the Water- and Ice-type attacks aimed at Landorus-T that can KO it Landorus-T before it can explode or set up Stealth Rock. Similarly, a Weavile check like Buzzwole, Melmetal, or physically defensive Heatran is useful because Landorus-T struggles to adequately help its team if your opponent leads greatly against Weavile. Due to the natural impermanence of Landorus-T's lack of longevity, teams utilizing it as their only Stealth Rock user are prone vulnerable to having Stealth Rock removed. Fitting Stealth Rock into the move set of on an offensive teammate like Heatran or Tyranitar is a way to reset Stealth Rock after Landorus-T has exploded fainted (Landorus-T can get knocked out by an attack before exploding). Alternatively, a Defog punisher Defiant users like Bisharp or Galarian Zapdos can take advantage of hazard removal punish teams looking to Defog away Landorus-T's Stealth Rock.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description

Explosion Landorus-T is a suicide lead that can set up Stealth Rock early and dent the opponent's team thanks to Swords Dance and access to Explosion backed up by its massive attack stat, which can offensively threaten other common leads like Clefable, Zapdos, and Tornadus-T. After a Swords Dance boost, Explosion OKHOes physical walls like Buzzwole, Slowbro, and Clefable as well as common Landorus-T switch ins like Zapdos and Tornadus-T. Earthquake is both its best STAB move and a great way to hit Normal-type resists like Melmetal, Tyranitar, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Intimidate is not only good for letting Landorus-T set up Stealth Rock or a Swords Dance more easily, but can also potentially provide teammates with setup opportunities of their own after Landorus-T faints or explodes. Landorus-T’s decent bulk and Intimidate lets it live strong attacks and get under a quarter of its HP frequntly, letting it make great use of Custap Berry to explode or throw off an Earthquake against faster foes before it faints. Some common moves from faster Pokemon that can bring Landorus-T into Custap Berry range are Choice Scarf Urshifu-R's Ice Punch and two hits from Choice Scarf Kartana's Leaf Blade after an Intimidate drop as well as Choice Scarf Blacephalon's Fire Blast id prefer more realistic choices here, surging strikes is just gonna be the pick over ice punch basically always for instance while the rest are kinda niche. . Alternatively, Landorus-T can make use of Normal Gem to boost Explosion’s damage, allowing it to OHKO defensive pivots such as Utility Tornadus-T without a Swords Dance boost. also mention that you dont necessarily Need to use it as a sack t1 bc like sd lando is just a fine attacker

Team Options

Landorus-T probably should specify just explosion lando fits best on hyper offense teams. Offensive teammates that like Stealth Rock to wear down their checks and appreciate the openings that Landorus-T forces open with Explosion. Swords Dance Garchomp, Dragon Dance Dragapult, Choice Specs Tapu Lele and Choice Band Kartana, are offensive teammates that can take advantage of Stealth Rock wearing down their switch-ins and Explosion removing defensive walls. Water-types, like Urshifu-R and Tapu Fini, can switch into the Water- and Ice-type attacks that can KO Landorus-T before it can explode or set up Stealth Rock. Similarly, a Weavile check like Buzzwole, Melmetal, or physically defensive Heatran is useful because Landorus-T struggles greatly against Weavile. Due to Landorus-T's lack of longevity, teams utilizing it as their only Stealth Rock user are vulnerable to having Stealth Rock removed. Fitting Stealth Rock on an offensive teammate like Heatran or Tyranitar is a way to reset Stealth Rock after Landorus-T has fainted this isnt super real imo, the teams that run this lando set dont really do this. Alternatively, Defiant users like Bisharp or Galarian Zapdos can punish teams looking to Defog away Landorus-T's Stealth Rock.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
Grammar checked by:
mostly fine, ping me when implemented

pulsar512b implemented.
I think the list of custap activators could have been a lot better if I put in mons with small chances to bring lando to 1/4 or below (like with a 35% chance or lower). I didn't cause I didn't think they were worth mentioning, but if you thinks its fine i could add them

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
pulsar512b implemented.
I think the list of custap activators could have been a lot better if I put in mons with small chances to bring lando to 1/4 or below (like with a 35% chance or lower). I didn't cause I didn't think they were worth mentioning, but if you thinks its fine i could add them
I’ll take a look tonight but I agree that those shouldn’t be added. I might play w the calc to see if I can find other relevant examples

I’ll take a look tonight but I agree that those shouldn’t be added. I might play w the calc to see if I can find other relevant examples
I've been playing with the calcs for common leads that outspeed it and not much comes up. I would greatly appreciate someone else looking into it, im not getting anywhere really

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
I've been playing with the calcs for common leads that outspeed it and not much comes up. I would greatly appreciate someone else looking into it, im not getting anywhere really
the only 100% one i was able to find is scarf blace fire blast which i dont think really makes a load of sense to put in, but its probably still better than adamant band kart so that seems like an improvement.

otherwise I would like you to talk a little bit about how it can do more than just set rocks + die and be a reasonable independent attacker.

otherwise good after implemented ping me and i'll probably give the 2/2

SolarBeam

not on fire (yet)
is a Contributor to Smogon
1/1, GP Team done
blue = add
red = remove
(orange) = comment

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Set Description
=========

Explosion Landorus-T is a suicide sacrificial lead that can set up Stealth Rock early and dent the opponent's team thanks to Swords Dance and access to Explosion, (AC) backed up by its massive attack Attack stat, which can helps it offensively threaten other common leads like Clefable, Zapdos, and Tornadus-T. After a Swords Dance boost, Explosion OKHOes physical walls like Buzzwole, Slowbro, and Clefable as well as common Landorus-T switch-ins (AH) like Zapdos and Tornadus-T. Earthquake is both its Landorus-T's best STAB move and a great way to hit Normal-type resists Normal-resistant foes like Melmetal, Tyranitar, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Additional Additionally, Swords Dance-boosted (AH) Earthquake can 2HKO many walls that don't resist the move it, including Clefable and Ferrothorn. There are also plenty of common Pokemon that are naturally threatened by Earthquake like Heatran, Toxapex, and Tapu Koko. As such, Landorus-T is a great wallbreaker that can provide more to a team then than just setting Stealth Rock and exploding using Explosion. Intimidate is not only good for letting Landorus-T it set up Stealth Rock or a Swords Dance more easily (RC) but can also potentially provide teammates with setup opportunities of their own after Landorus-T faints or explodes uses Explosion. Landorus-T's (replaced curly apostrophe with ASCII) decent bulk lets it live survive strong attacks and get under a quarter of its HP frequntly frequently, letting it make great use of Custap Berry to explode use Explosion or throw off an Earthquake against faster foes before it faints. Some common moves from faster Pokemon that can bring Landorus-T into Custap Berry range are Clear Body Dragapult's Dragon Darts and Choice Scarf Blacephalon's Fire Blast. Alternatively, Landorus-T can make use of Normal Gem to boost Explosion's (replaced curly apostrophe with ASCII) damage, allowing it to OHKO defensive pivots such as Utility utility Tornadus-T without a Swords Dance boost.

Team Options
========

Explosion Landorus-T fits best on hyper offense teams. Offensive Its best partners are offensive (wasn't a complete sentence as-is) teammates that like Stealth Rock to wear down their checks and appreciate the openings that Landorus-T forces open with Explosion. Swords Dance Garchomp, Dragon Dance Dragapult, Choice Specs Tapu Lele, (AC) and Choice Band Kartana (RC) are offensive teammates that can take advantage of Stealth Rock wearing down their switch-ins and Explosion removing defensive walls. Water-types, like Urshifu-R and Tapu Fini, can switch into the Water- and Ice-type attacks that can KO Landorus-T before it can explode use Explosion or set up Stealth Rock. Similarly, a Weavile check like Buzzwole, Melmetal, or physically defensive Heatran is useful because Landorus-T struggles greatly against Weavile. Due to Landorus-T's lack of longevity, teams utilizing it as their only Stealth Rock user are vulnerable to having Stealth Rock removed. Defiant users like Bisharp or and Galarian Zapdos can punish teams looking to Defog away remove Landorus-T's Stealth Rock with Defog.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/pulsar512b.469728/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/solarbeam.470115/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)