explanation of new roles in !crazy and !crazy suggestion thread

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A five man setup results in five cops. Each cop can check another player to check if they are a cop or not - supposedly. But only one of the cops gets the right results every time. Another gets the opposite of the true answer, the third always sees cops, and the fourth always sees non-cops.

Other setups may contain the following new roles:

Supervillain: has a mayor vote and a low priority kill. Is a solo baddie.

Devil: Knows everyone's roles, has a mayor vote. Is a solo baddie.

Kidnapper: hooks+silences a player. Is a solo baddie.

Village Silencer: yep

Use this thread to suggest changes to !crazy, discuss strategy, ask questions, and insult your fellow fluodomites.

If you're actually good at python, your help would be appreciated, since I have no idea how to implement many of the suggested changes. Also if you could host the bot 24/7 that would be sweet.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
internet I am good at Python but can't host 24/7 even when I have access to a computer regularly. Send me the code via PM though and I'll sift through it when I can.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think the major changes suggested to c5 are:
no wolf n0 kill
wolf n0 hook
no inspect results on the deceased

Do the !crazy roles appear in the larger mafias? I think once we got to FC/Italian the game became standard again. If Sam/someone is able to modify the coding so we can get larger games with the new roles that would be cool. I would hope we could get enough people on to do Russians and have the Russian silencer and Village silencer both on Coronis.

internet

no wolf n0 kill
wolf n0 hook

Do the !crazy roles appear in the larger mafias? I think once we got to FC/Italian the game became standard again. If Sam/someone is able to modify the coding so we can get larger games with the new roles that would be cool. I would hope we could get enough people on to do Russians and have the Russian silencer and Village silencer both on Coronis.
It should be possible to implement those things for someone better at python than I am.

14+ currently has a chance of becoming itals and frenches again, but there's setups with crazy roles for games of up to 15 players. From 12 to 15, village does in fact get a silencer.

internet

currently we are looking for a 5man format to replace 5c, because noone really likes 5c as the mafia bot can present it.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
no wolf n0 kill
wolf n0 hook
the last one is pretty useless because the game is 1 v 4, if someone dies and the game is still going it is obviously one of the cops...

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shade that is the problem. If a cop gets a result on a deceased cop he knows for sure whether he is good/naive or paranoid/insane. It gives way more info than a typical inspection.

Is there a reason why the mafiabot code isn't publicly available anywhere? That would probably make it easier for people to make changes to it to fit whatever game they want.

(I also can do python.)

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Shade that is the problem. If a cop gets a result on a deceased cop he knows for sure whether he is good/naive or paranoid/insane. It gives way more info than a typical inspection.
oh i misunderstood, i thought yeti meant not showing that user was cop (to everyone in the blue text) when a user had died. my bad. but then again, if you inspect a guy n1 and get cop and they die and turn out to be cop then you know what type of cop you are anyway. only thing it will prevent is inspecting when the user dies that night.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
oh i misunderstood, i thought yeti meant not showing that user was cop (to everyone in the blue text) when a user had died. my bad. but then again, if you inspect a guy n1 and get cop and they die and turn out to be cop then you know what type of cop you are anyway. only thing it will prevent is inspecting when the user dies that night.
the bolded is exactly the one thing we do want it to prevent. if you inspect someone n1 and he dies n2 that is fine and how we've always played c5. it's if you inspect someone n1, he dies n1, and you STILL get a result that's the broken element/never implemented in other c5 versions due to how easy it is for the living cops to determine their own sanities. (n1 being the first night of the game)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)