Headlines Elon Musk notifies Twitter he is terminating deal

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
CNBC
Billionaire Elon Musk wants to end his $44 billion deal to buy Twitter, according to a letter sent by a lawyer on his behalf to the company’s chief legal officer Friday.

But Twitter’s board chair Bret Taylor said the company is still committed to closing the deal at the agreed-upon price and plans to pursue legal action to enforce the agreement.

60026F35-6884-41EF-97AA-98B110A66653.jpeg

“We are confident we will prevail in the Delaware Court of Chancery,” Taylor wrote.

Twitter shares were down about 6% after hours on Friday.

In the letter, disclosed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Skadden Arps attorney Mike Ringler said that “Twitter has not complied with its contractual obligations.”

Ringler claimed that Twitter did not provide Musk with relevant business information he requested, as Ringler said the contract would require. Musk has previously said he wanted to assess Twitter’s claims that about 5% of its monetizable daily active users (mDAUs) are spam accounts.
Musk’s move “worst case scenario” from The Washington Post

I’m not generally interested in discussing the ways two billionaire entities communicate about or negotiate business deals. I prefer to just imagine dogs playing poker and assume that I’m composing a similar mental image. but this one is particularly comical because I personally don’t believe Musk was ever going to buy Twitter, and that all little ploys like this are exactly that: gags, headlines for the sake of keeping names in the mouths of news and the public, and/or distractions from whatever dealings they have going on under-the-table.

this table just happens to be propped up on a billion dollar “business deal” so it’s pretty hard to tell if it was a distraction from Tesla’s stock options being sold at time of expiration (comment below if you’re part of the >.1% of people that can even fathom what $7 billion in liquidated assets looks like) or something we just haven’t hear about yet. I wonder why…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)