Electrodynamix

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Warning: Flashing Lights^^^

laddering is stupid lel
Hey there guys, littlelucario here for another RMT and this will actually be my first RU RMT even though I've been playing the tier for a while now. I felt like making this just because I've been having a lot of fun in RU lately and I should get an RU RMT out before Sun and Moon. This was a cool Volturn team that I made a while ago after the Dugtrio ban because I felt the want to use Specs Magneton with Duggie gone. I hope you guys enjoy the RMT and have a wonderful day!

Team at a Glance

Right here, I decided to run a Core of Magneton+Flygon since they compliment each other super well, having solid offensive and defensive synergy while forming a potent Volturn core.

I added Gurdurr onto the team because the core got torn apart by Ice-types, mainly Mega Glalie and Sneasel, so I decided to add Gurdurr to reliably check them while simultainiously providing a solid win condition for the team that can blast through many unprepared teams.

At this point, the team got absolutely destroyed by Fighting-types, having no Fighting resist and Choice Scarf Medicham OHKOing every member of the team, so I added Uxie onto the build as it provided a solid fighting check while simultaneously giving the build a reliable SR user.

At this point, I noticed that the build struggled with various attackers like Emboar and Meloetta that Slowking could check quite well, so I decided to add defensive CM Slowking to the team as it added a secondary win condition and a solid utility check to the aforementioned Pokemon. Also, Slowking takes the pressure off of Gurdurr to check Mega Glalie and Uxie to check Fighting-types, which is really nice.

At this point, I noticed that it was quite difficult to break past bulkier teams like standard Regimola teams since they often had multiple team members that utilized Protect, which really sucks, so I decided to add SD Torterra to the team to function as an effective breaker.

The Team In-Depth

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Water]

This team was originally made around Magneton because the departure of Dugtrio really helps out Magneton's viability, letting it freely break vs fatter team quite easily and consistently provide offensive momentum to the team. Analytic may seem like an odd choice, but it is really helpful as Choice Specs Magneton forces a ton of switches, and it gives it a Life Orb boost when your opponent switches out, trying to flee from Magneton. The EV spread and nature here is standard as it allows Magneton to capitalize on its decent speed tier while maintaining high wallbreaking power. Volt Switch is the most commonly used move on this set, allowing Magneton to pivot around and give the team momentum while taking large chunks out of incoming Pokemon. Thunderbolt is a more spammable STAB move that can be useful vs Slower teams that lack a solid Electric-type switch in or after you take out their Electric resist. Flash Cannon is a really neat secondary STAB move that hits several useful targets, it mainly allows Magneton to check Fairies and nail Flygon upon switch in, which is really useful for pressuring Pokemon that may be annoying. Lastly, I included HP Water on this moveset because it is useful for nailing incoming Camerupt that attempt to deter Volt Switch spam from Magneton.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog

Flygon is the second half of the Volt Turn core that this team was built around and is an overall very solid Pokemon. I decided to go for a Choice Scarf set here since the team seemed pretty slow by the time I was done, and I needed a backup check to certain threats. I decided to include Aerial Ace on this set so that I could prevent a potential late-game Virizion sweep, which is vital since it’s a huge threat to the team. U-turn is standard among every Flygon set and is an excellent move that guarantees you gain momentum a lot of the time, and it is super spammable in most situations. Earthquake is your main method of dealing large amounts of damage with this set since it's your strong STAB move that you can potentially clean with late game or use to threaten electrics such as Jolteon and Magneton that you are supposed to check. Finishing off the set is Defog, which I added as a throw in move on this set as the team got absolutely by spikes stack, having only 2 Pokemon that are immune to spikes, especially since it doesn’t apply enough offensive pressure to stop hazards from going up a lot of the time.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Gurdurr is this team’s main check to offensive Ice-types like Mega Glalie and Sneasel while simultaneously providing a status sponge and solid win condition for the team. Bulk Up is a really solid setup move that can lead to potential late game Gurdurr sweeps if used correctly and can help Gurdurr be a more solid check to physical attackers like Mega Glalie and Sneasel. After that, Drain Punch is a consistent STAB move that can do solid amounts of damage, especially if you’ve set up a couple of Bulk Ups, and it can heal you up from lower amounts of HP so that you can continue your sweep. Mach Punch is there as a solid priority move to revenge kill important threats like Sneasel that you don’t want to take a hit from or go before you can get hit by a strong attack from your opponent. Lastly, Knock off prevents Gurdurr from being completely walled by ghosts, and it is a solid utility move that can cripple incoming fairies like Granbull and Togetic.

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave/Knock Off
- Psyshock

Uxie is a really solid check to Fighting-types like Medicham that otherwise bust through this team as well as being a really good utility Pokemon with Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock. I personally despise using Stealth Rockers that don’t have much longevity on bulky offensive teams such as this one, so naturally something as bulky as Uxie while providing the utility that it does was a perfect fit. Stealth Rock is one of the best moves in the game and is a mandatory entry hazard that’s required on every good competitive team. U-turn is a great momentum gainer and is even better on Uxie than on Flygon since Uxie is a lot slower and can therefore take a hit before it uses it so that its allies don’t have to. In the third slot, either utility move is a great option for Uxie to use, but I personally prefer Thunder Wave since it allows you to cripple threatening Pokemon that may be problematic late-game. Lastly, Psyshock is a solid STAB move that lets Uxie threaten the fighters that it's supposed to check while making it not be completely passive, which is must for me to be use a mon on offensive teams.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Slowking adds a secondary win condition alongside Gurdurr, a backup check to Fighting-types and Mega Glalie, both of which can potentially overwhelm my current checks to them, and a very solid bulky Water that can take on a variety of Pokemon effectively. I decided to go for a physically defensive CM set since it can take hits from grounds that bulky waters are supposed to while being a really solid Glalie check. Scald is broken as fuck and has cost me and my opponents entire games multiple times, so it's a must have on all special bulky waters. Slack Off provides a form of reliable recovery for situations where I can't just switch out an get regenerator, while also allowing Slowking to set up on a wider variety of Pokemon. Calm Mind is a really solid setup move that allows Slowking to potentially beat strong special attackers in late game situations. Lastly, Psyshock is a secondary STAB move that can do a ton of damage to Fighting- and Poison-types as well as allowing Slowking to win CM wars due to its solid defensive stats in conjunction with having +6 spatk.

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

Last up on the team is Torterra, the main Regimola breaker on the team as well its Electric immunity. I decided to pick a bulky Swords Dance set for this team in particular since it's the most effective set to break vs Regimola teams as you can switch up your moves, set up, and heal up as you're setting up. Leftovers is generally preferred to be better vs mag and shit, but Lum is cool if you find yourself suffering Alomomola burns a lot. Wood Hammer is your strongest STAB move and your main move to deal with defensive water typing, being even strong enough to OHKO Alomomola at +2 which is a feat to behold. After that, Earthquake is a tad weaker of a STAB move that hits the Steels that resist Wood Hammer while not offering the nasty recoil effect of Wood Hammer. Lastly, Synthesis is a very solid recovery move that lets you heal up when setting on defensive Pokemon, which can be useful in a myriad of scenarios, especially if you have to come in on electrics like Magneton multiple times throughout the course of a match.
Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Water]

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- My normal resist is Magneton so offensive normal types absolutely smash this team into the dirt, specifically ones that run Choice Specs. Exploud's lower speed makes it easier to deal with since I have more options to revenge kill it. I can usually pressure both of these with Mach Punches from Gurdurr and Twave from Uxie really helps manage Meloetta's higher speed, but they are still super problematic if you don't predict well.

- Offensive Granbull, more specifically Banded variants, can really put a dent in this team, with the first 5 members taking their fair share of damage from Play Rough bar Uxie, who still gets 2HKOed after rocks, and it has both Fire Punch and Earthquake to blow Magneton back. I can usually pressure this fine with U-turns from flygon when it tries to come in with Magneton, but it's still annoying nevertheless.

- Most Escavalier sets are annoying to face, but CB Escav absolutely decimates this team, being able to OHKO Slowking, Flygon, Uxie, and Torterra with Megahorn while doing a ton to Gurdurr with Iron Head and threatening to either Knock Off Magneton's Specs or straight OHKOing it with Drill run. I basically have to sack a mon every time that this monster comes in. I have enough offensive Pokemon and resists to its STAB moves that it has to predict around the team, but it's usually too much to handle.
Let me know if I missed you, and I'll add you.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)