Dubz Community Create-A-Team (CCAT) v1.0 - Submit Revisions!

bringing this back
[edited out Virizion since lucariojr is nominating Cress]

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 52 SAtk / 200 HP / 116 Def / 140 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Cress is mostly here to deal with fighting types and provide Helping Hand support, which would make Tyranitar even more unstoppable after a Dragon Dance. even before dd, hh jolly ttar ohkoes 252 hp thundurus, mauls cresselia (after this cress's ice beam and a turn of sandstorm its an ohko). also with helping hand, if we change volc's item to bug gem, an hh bug buzz ohko's 252/252 calm cresselia, so thats neat. trick room lets us turn the tables on tailwind and more importantly lets us shift into a trick room mode to deal quick damage. even this works well with ttar since everyone and their mother runs enough speed to outspeed loom (or at least that's what people should be doing).

both would increase our odds against rain (trick room helps our offense more than you'd think), and in cresselia's case, it makes us less vulnerable to pure trick room. we can also do a mini trick room mode with ttar/rotom if we wanted to.

i like top as well since wide guard is useful, but imo it isn't as useful as you'd expect. mostly i think helping hand would solidify the team's offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I am so tempted to vote for the Carracosta, but I want this to be a serious team.

my vote is for lucariojr

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Laga

Hard choice between Laga's Hitmontop and lucariojr's Cresselia, but I prefer Hitmontop's Fake Out, Wide Guard, and Intimidate support more. Both Hitmontop and Cress have Helping Hand, so that's a non-issue. Cresselia offers more security against Trick Room, but Hitmontop certainly helps against Trick Room, too.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
nyttyn

i have full confidence suicune is the right pick for the team

also i dislike cress because it's so much a "win more" option in the long run. suicune can stand by itself with modaretly powerful attacks and can also help with speed issues that much of the team suffers from atm.

plus it'd be nice if this team didn't turn into bog standard picks.

I also like Carracosta, but we need a Ludicolo counter somewhere. Might want to think about this.
I was thinking of using Sunny Day/Skill Swap Cresselia to stop it :>

After it loses Swift Swim, Tornadus can take it out.

Nollan

I finally decided to be a self-centered dweeb again, because Conkeldurr helps more against Trick Room imo, or can introduce the possibility of a Trick Room mode, which would always be interesting. It can also take out Excadrill before it can move, which I like, even with Wide Guard support, Iron Head is going to hurt something. Finally, it has the most offensive presence of all of these options, which I personally like. Don't get me wrong though, I was heavily considering both Hitmontop and Suicune, they were pretty cool options. (Dropped Suicune because it has the trouble from Ludicolo that Carracosta does, but to a lesser extent)

Last edited:
Level 51.

Whatthehell, time for something unique. I would run no Speed IV's and a Speed lowering nature to help with TR, though.

Level 51

I doubt people who play in doubles will expect a Carracosta, and they'll probably have no idea of what hit them. The surprise factor and bulk is what won me over.

Last edited:

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The votes are in for Round 4. With 5 votes, Laga's Hitmontop the next slot!

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 64 Def / 128 SDef
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Helping Hand

Now we'll start nominations for Round 5. This is our last Pokemon. It's been a good run but I see this only as the beginning! Once we have a complete team we can playtest it and see what we need to fix. Remember, nominate one Pokemon. Format it just like this Hitmontop. No move slashes, no Scarf Ferrothorn, etc.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
resubmitting because hitmontop just exaggerates our speed issues and skymin-s weakness even more.

Wakasagihime (Suicune) @ Rindo Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

okay I don't have to explain this set it's just Tailwind Suicune one of the most straightforward mons in existence.

Right now this team has a fairly significant problem with speed - that is, Tyranitar is a slow sack of shit even at +1 and Tornadus is the only real "fastmon" on the team. Especially with the recent addition of Hitmontop, this is a really slow team. Packing a good typing that doesn't compound on any problematic weaknesses the team has, Suicuine's bulk, power, and access to Tailwind all serve to make it a great answer to the team's need for speed. In addition, with Rindo Berry, Suicune can also serve as a great check to Shaymin-Sky, who currently gives the team massive problems (Seed Flare murders Tyranitar and Rotom-W, Air Slash murders Volcarona and Hitmontop. It basically crushes half of our team which is doubleplus ungood).

The only issue I see is that Suicune is still weak as fuck to Shaymin-Sky, even with Rindo Berry, due to the sheer speed it packs and Seed Flare just being awful to face in general.

I'll post Tailwind Latias when I get home from the mechanic though, I won't just criticize the set. I agree we need some form of speed control here because DDance TTar is still a slow mountain.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I highly doubt that Tailwind is the way to go for this team. But I think Icy Wind is a good option. The reason why is that our "speed issues" are really not that big of a deal... Tyranitar can outspeed max speed Thundurus and below at +1, and Tornadus is at the base 111 Speed tier. The other Pokemon can take a hit easily and do a lot of damage in return.

pssht, make it Glaciate :D

Kyurem @ Haban Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpA / 32 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Glaciate
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

As of right now, Offensive synergy is probably the focal point we should be looking at, as we already have a dedicated supporter, two offensive bulky supporters, and an offensive Pokemon with Taunt (support). I will admit that this team could use some speed control though, so that is why I have chosen to nominate Glaciate Kyurem. Not only does it provide Speed Control, but it also keeps most dragons in check; something that most of the other Pokemon on the team do not do reliably (neither can this, but still a better option to deal with em). Glaciate is the most damaging Speed controlling move, making it easier to not only pressure the opponent by lowering Speed, but also doing respectable damage; especially if it is super effective (more dragon eating). Draco Meteor is powerful as shit, and Earth Power allows it to hit Steel types. Oh, and an added plus is that it eats Ludicolos for breakfast, one of the biggest problems to the team atm :)

The EV spread does a couple of things:
· Always survives Gem- or Specs-boosted Draco Meteor from Latios, even taking Sandstorm into account.
· It can survive any physical Dragon-type move after Sandstorm, bar Choice Banded Outrage from Kyurem-B, which it has actually has a chance to survive.
· After using Glaciate, it outspeeds max Speed Thundurus / Tornadus, Modest Shaymin and everything below.
· Rest gets dumped into Special Attack, including the nature to kill more things.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Excadrill @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Protect

So we have a Tyranitar, a Tornadus, 2 Ground-immune pokemon (including Tornadus)....and we have no Excadrill on the team? While it offers little defensive synergy for the team (Draco Meteors still do a ton), it can serve as the team's 2nd win condition and sweep the opponent clean. EQ + Rock Slide is standard spread damage fare, while Excadrill can make use of Swords Dance with Volcarona's Rage Powder support / Hitmontop's Fake Out support, or take advantage of Protects. It has a great sweeping partner in Tornadus, whose Defiant deters Intimidate spam and has Flying STAB which decimates Breloom, Scrafty and Hitmontop, so Excadrill is primed for a sweep in this team. Chople Berry is used to resist Mach Punches, though Life Orb is worth consideration for powerful hits pre-boost.

The only issue I see is that Suicune is still weak as fuck to Shaymin-Sky, even with Rindo Berry, due to the sheer speed it packs and Seed Flare just being awful to face in general.

I'll post Tailwind Latias when I get home from the mechanic though, I won't just criticize the set. I agree we need some form of speed control here because DDance TTar is still a slow mountain.
After reading some of this stuff, I discount my previous Tailwind statement, as Excadrill is a prime candidate for the team. I'd only say to change the set to the following:

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Magnet Rise
- Protect

It's still gonna sweep with RS/EQ, but now it can check opposing Landorus and Excadrill, who would otherwise kill it dead. Jolly LO gives it the power it misses from Adamant, while speed tying other max speed Excadrill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)