ORAS UU Dual Water Stall

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dual Water Stall

This is a stall team I wanted to make because I hadn't used Tentacruel and that a dual water core could be fun to use. The water core I have dont share any weaknesses thanks to that Tenta is neutral to grass while Swampert is immune to electric.

Building Process

I started with this core as it checks every fire type in the meta if they have a decent amount of HP. M-Pert checks Entei, Arcanine, Darm and Rotom-H while Tentacrul checks, Chandelure, Infernape, Houndoom and Moltres if at a good amount of HP. This core also gives me T-Spikes and hazard control which will be good if I face opposing stall teams.

I then added Bronzong to the team because it gave me a ground immunity and a way to beat Celebi if it isn't running Shadow Ball. It gives my team Stealth Rocks as well as a way to beat most psychics. The dual water core really helps bronzong out as it gives it ways of beating the fire types that use Bronzong to get a free switch-in. I also have a knock switch in with Swampert which is good for Bronzong.

After that I added Blissey to beat almost every special attacker in the game thanks to its sky high HP and SpDef. It also gave me a ghost immunity which is always good. WishPass was something my team needed as both Tentacrual and Bronzong don't have reliable recovery.

I then wanted to add Granbull as it gives my team a way of beating fighting types with dark coverage such as BU Conk and Meinshao. It also gave my team a Cleric which is very nice if Swampert is asleep or if Tentacrual and Bronzong are burned.

I then added dragalge for some stupid reson I don't remember as it overlaps with pretty much everything Tentacruel already does, in giving me a nape check and a T-Spike absorber while it can't rapid spin.

Soon after I made this team I realized that Dragalge didn't fit any purpose on my team and that I lost to Gyara and Crawdaunt so I added Chesnaught to better beat them and give my team Spikes. I chose to use PhysDef set over special set as I didn't need a grass/electric check while it is better to invest fully in PhysDef to better beat Gyara and Crawdaunt.

I then made these two changes to the team at the same time as I lost to Reuniclus and Shadow Ball Celebi. I could change Bronzong as I had another check to ground types in Chesnaught. While I changed Granbull to Sylveon because Sylveon is just a more reliable Cleric and gives my team another WishPasser as three of my pokemons don't have reliable recovery.

In Depth

Entei Check (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Defensive M-Pert, I am actually in love with this guy as it gives my team so many good resistances and immunities, in fire, rock, electric and Knock Off. Restalk makes it able to check Entei much better as it doesn't lose if it gets burned. It also makes it be able to switch in to Scarf Darmanitan much more easily with Flare Blitz doing about 25%.

Nape Check (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze / Acid Spray

First time I've used Tentacruel in a stall team and this thing is a beast. With Haze this thing can beat Suicune NP Nape and other SpAtk fire types. It also gives my team a T-Spike absorber, hazard control and a T-Spiker on its own. you could use Acid Spray over Haze if you don't want a pp war with Suicune, but then it will be able to hit you mch harder after it has set up some Calm Minds.

Celebi Check (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Knock Off
Escavelier gives me a grass check which the team needs as so far it lost to Celebi. Escav also gave my team a Reuniclus check which is great as usually the stall teams I make are quite weak to Reuniclus. Knock Off is great as escav forces grass and psychic types out so it can get a free Knock on anything that will be coming in to beat it.

Special Check (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Blissey gives me my teams first WishPasser and a way to beat almost every SpAtk pokemon in one slot. It also is my way of getting Rocks up as it gets a lot of free turns by all the specail attacers that are forced to switch out because they do 20-30% which Blissey can just Wish off the damage.

Fighting/Dark Check (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

My best bet to beat physical fighting types like BU Conk and Infernape is probably Sylveon, Sylveon also gives my team a cleric and the second part of my WishPass core. A fairy type is almost a staple on stall team as it beats dark types with fighting coverage or more commonly fighting types with Knock Off.

Gyara Check (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb

Chesnaught gives my team a way of beating Crawdaunt and Gyarados which I lost to before and also gives my team Spikes which is great. You almost have to have grass STAB on Chesnaught as otherwise you get solod by Jellicent as then the other person needs to win 50/50's a lot.

Entei Check (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Nape Check (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Celebi Check (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Special Check (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Fighting/Dark Check (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Gyara Check (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer

Weaknesses

I pretty much autolose if your opponent is using SD EQ Nape as Tentacrual dies to +2 Earthquake and Swampert takes 70%+ from a +2 Close Combat. Any other sets the team handles just fine.

Jellicent can actually solo my team if it wins the 50/50's as Taunt + Wisp breaks apart my team easily. My best way of beting it is hoping I win the 50/50's with Chesnaught and Escav.

I'm very weak to Torn and quite weak to M-Aero depending on sets. If Torn runs mixed LO I just press x as it has coverage for pretty much my whole team. While Hone Claws M-Aero can rip open my team if given 2 or more boosts (which almost never happens).

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-474476209
Not very long but Tentacrual pretty much beats his team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-474477684
A replay where Jellicent actually 6-0'd me, this is why I switched to grass STAB instead of fighting STAB.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-474502788

This replay was pretty much decided at preview and it didn't help his cause that he sacked both Doublade and Espeon.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Import in 3rd one
(if someone could tell me how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated)

Hi,

I like your team. Stall is good. One thing I would suggest is to run Softboiled over Protect on Blissey. Protect eases prediction against things like mienshao but considering what a pivotal role Blissey plays it's better to have softboiled so it has more survivability.

I think you should run enough speed on Chesnaught to creep Jelly, and by extension Cune as well. This would require the spread to be 252 Hp / 76+ Def / 180 Spe. It's quite a loss in bulk but just a thing you might want to try... (it will also help against opposing hazard stack teams which often run jelly as their spinblocker. You are quite weak to this type of team as all your mons are grounded)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)