Media DRAGON BALL SUPER

I actually have no clue how they're going to continue this arc after that episode, unless they plan to have Gowasu take up the mantle and go on his own killing spree, which seems very unlikely

EDIT: Pretty cool theory on Reddit about Future Zamasu using the Time Ring to coordinate with Present Zamasu, which actually makes a lot of sense

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think we could see some bs about parallel timelines and hoe SOMEHOW changing the past doesn't change the future. Regardless of what it is, there's going to be some bs involved.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Going to guess Zamasu's plan runs something like this:

1. Switch Bodies with Goku of some universe
2. Copy original self into old body
3. Wish original self's body immortal
4. Train with Goku Black and utilize immortality to always push Goku Black to give unlimited Zenkai boosts over time.
5. Once sufficiently strong as both Zamasu and Black, kill all mortals (humans).

I'll probably only be partially right, but this would fit with series lore and the fact Goku Black apparently doesn't desire immortality. If Goku is immortal theoretically he can't get Zenkai boosts and effectively caps his own power.

But who knows. I imagine Zenkai is somehow involve though.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Almost positive zenos will stop goku black/zamasu at this point since i don't see any way they can realistically win. EITHER THAT OR VEGITO/GOGETA returns to roflstomp.

Haruno

Going to guess Zamasu's plan runs something like this:

1. Switch Bodies with Goku of some universe
2. Copy original self into old body
3. Wish original self's body immortal
4. Train with Goku Black and utilize immortality to always push Goku Black to give unlimited Zenkai boosts over time.
5. Once sufficiently strong as both Zamasu and Black, kill all mortals (humans).

I'll probably only be partially right, but this would fit with series lore and the fact Goku Black apparently doesn't desire immortality. If Goku is immortal theoretically he can't get Zenkai boosts and effectively caps his own power.

But who knows. I imagine Zenkai is somehow involve though.
being immortal still means you can get injured and incapacitated as shown before with garlic jr (the only char prior to zamasu to actually be immortal) so I assume zenkai still works regardless. Zamasu/black are already at a sufficient power level to do what you stated btw because even frieza in dbz could already wipe out mortals/planets at will and they've obviously far surpassed that so it's probably something else.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
being immortal still means you can get injured and incapacitated as shown before with garlic jr (the only char prior to zamasu to actually be immortal) so I assume zenkai still works regardless. Zamasu/black are already at a sufficient power level to do what you stated btw because even frieza in dbz could already wipe out mortals/planets at will and they've obviously far surpassed that so it's probably something else.
IIRC the Zenkai boost is directly proportional to the whoopin' a Saiyan gets. If a Saiyan just instant heals because they are immortal like Zamasu, they aren't pushed near death and don't get the boost.

Anyway I could be totally off-base, but it would be nice continuity-wise if they brought Saiyan biology/Zenkai boosts back into relevance in the continuity. It is after all a ZenKAI boost, Zamasu deliberately chose a Saiyan body, and Goku/Jeets/Trunks just got whupped recently. :)

Haruno

IIRC the Zenkai boost is directly proportional to the whoopin' a Saiyan gets. If a Saiyan just instant heals because they are immortal like Zamasu, they aren't pushed near death and don't get the boost.

Anyway I could be totally off-base, but it would be nice continuity-wise if they brought Saiyan biology/Zenkai boosts back into relevance in the continuity. It is after all a ZenKAI boost, Zamasu deliberately chose a Saiyan body, and Goku/Jeets/Trunks just got whupped recently. :)
Hmm sure I can buy that. No amounts of zenkai will push trunks from his SSJ2 to goku's SSJG much less SSB lol. So the main fighters are just vegeta/goku as always. Vegeta was struggling in SSB vs untransformed black and got completely stomped by rose. Don't see how vegeta can do much anymore tbf. Goku still hasn't used kaioken SSB which I assume can stomp black but won't be able to stomp zamasu and I assume the odds of success are higher than when he was going up against hit.

Overall I still don't see an out for them without escaping back and bringing back whis/beerus or canonizing gogeta or get zenos to carry their ass since I assume zenos is still alive in future trunks' timeline.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why didn't they gather everyone up to make Future Trunks a Saiyan God before going? dumb asses

Though I'm not sure how Beerus would take to them just making a Saiyan with God Powers, time travel, and a time line to go to where there is no God of Destruction...

I AM TOO FUCKING HYPED HOLY SHIT. I REALLY FEEL THE TENSION LIKE I DID DURING THE CELL ARC AND SEEING LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN TRUNKS IS SO FUCKING HYPE. FUTURE TRUNKS IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER TOO FUCK YEAH.

Haruno

Highlight below text for spoilers from ep 62-65. BEWARE.
LOOKS LIKE ZENOS IS GOING TO CARRY OUR ASSES!!!!

according to ep titles at least
"Dragon Ball Super" episode 63 title, synopsis and air date
This instalment is titled "Don't Defile the Saiyan Cells! The Curtain Rises on Vegeta's Battle!!"

"Dragon Ball Super" episode 64 title and air date
This episode is called "Praise and Adore Him! The Explosive Birth of Merged Zamasu!!"

"Dragon Ball Super" episode 65 title and air date
This episode is titled "Final Judgment?! The Supreme God's Ultimate Power."

Alright well we can infer that zero mortal plan = fusing zamasu + goku black with potara and/or making goku black immortal. Episode 65 is either referring to zamasu as the new supreme god........... or it implies zenos just stomping. We already know that goku's learning the final tech from Roshi in ep 62 but how much could a random tech roshi have be useful =/ in other news black/zamasu roflstomps trunks to no one's surprise. ehhh

Last edited by a moderator:

Cell's Namekian healing abilities didn't stop him from getting at least one massive zenkai boost.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
That's the first time in forever I felt my heart racing from a Dragon Ball episode, whether it be OG, Z, or Super. Wow. That was crazy hype. Haruno's a buttwipe and spoiled it for me, but I'm still hyped for future episodes. I imagine the eventual Potara Fusion is going to be so terrifying that no one except Zeno himself will have the power to stop him.

Deck Knight

Cell's Namekian healing abilities didn't stop him from getting at least one massive zenkai boost.
Namekian healing is reactive and takes energy, immortality seems to me that you don't actually receive significant damage, it just phazes away instantly - i.e. Zamasu gets pierced but doesn't really react since basically he just resumes integrity around the blade instantly and the rest of it heals when the physical space is no longer occupied.

Then again DBZ Immortality hasn't really been explored that much since Deadzone and the like are non-canon, so this is just speculation on my part.

EDIT: Just watched the episode, and it was awesome. Watching Trunks go all Broly is super awesome. So was the scene where Goku was kicking ass and frightened both Zamasu and Black, at least until Black recovered. Guess Zamasu and Black never checked what happened when Frieza pushed Goku past the rage threshold. Never push Goku past the rage threshold...

Trunks didn't take well to being blamed for every evildoers own ambitions. That transformation is epic, like Ascended Saiyan without the speed loss. I am so hyped for next week. Incidentally, what would the naming convention for Trunks' form be? Seems to me the name should be Perfect Ascended SSJ2. The form doesn't really have the facial structure changes like SSJ3 and it seems the muscles expand way more while the hair is spikier without being any longer.

Last edited:

Haruno

That's the first time in forever I felt my heart racing from a Dragon Ball episode, whether it be OG, Z, or Super. Wow. That was crazy hype. Haruno's a buttwipe and spoiled it for me, but I'm still hyped for future episodes. I imagine the eventual Potara Fusion is going to be so terrifying that no one except Zeno himself will have the power to stop him.
I put it in highlight tags tho ;__; rip my b. Zeno is looking like the cop out. How does a fusion like that work mechanic wise? Usual personality mixing doesn't apply because they're both zamasu. If one half of the fusion has immortality would the end product also have immortality? What would prompt a fusion since it seems unnecessary Unless Roshi'a anti zamasu tech ends up actually being yknow anti zamasu... but even then I don't see how a fusion is needed since this is already a world with no gods or destruction (but zenos is probably safe unless something dumb like if all gods of destruction are dead then he dies.) Beerus or whis could intervene I guess since we have no idea how powerful beerus/whis is compared to zamasu/black. Idk I don't see much of a way out and I fail to comprehend why roshi would have a anti zamasu tech or why goku wouldn't have learned it in his 50 years of life or so already.
Namekian healing is reactive and takes energy, immortality seems to me that you don't actually receive significant damage, it just phazes away instantly - i.e. Zamasu gets pierced but doesn't really react since basically he just resumes integrity around the blade instantly and the rest of it heals when the physical space is no longer occupied.

Then again DBZ Immortality hasn't really been explored that much since Deadzone and the like are non-canon, so this is just speculation on my part.

EDIT: Just watched the episode, and it was awesome. Watching Trunks go all Broly is super awesome. So was the scene where Goku was kicking ass and frightened both Zamasu and Black, at least until Black recovered. Guess Zamasu and Black never checked what happened when Frieza pushed Goku past the rage threshold. Never push Goku past the rage threshold...

Trunks didn't take well to being blamed for every evildoers own ambitions. That transformation is epic, like Ascended Saiyan without the speed loss. I am so hyped for next week. Incidentally, what would the naming convention for Trunks' form be? Seems to me the name should be Perfect Ascended SSJ2. The form doesn't really have the facial structure changes like SSJ3 and it seems the muscles expand way more while the hair is spikier without being any longer.
One thing is how there were blue sparks and the blueish tinge around trunks frame since he had a double aura. Unless somehow trunks pushed himself to be above super saiyan blue. Rip goku though :( didn't do anything noticeable to black or zamasu which says a lot about their current power level. Hype for the next months ep though

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
His double aura is because he's a Legendary Super Sayian. Power wise I'm not sure where that is (I think it's above 3 but it might just be stronger than 2).

It'll cop out to be stronger than Blue but I'm okay with that sweet, sweet aura.

Edit:
Yeah Legendary Super Saiyan (LSSJ) is above SSJ3 and is probably close enough or on par with Blue

Last edited:
It's still totally unconfirmed if it's actually LSSJ or not, we'll have to wait and see what they decide to call it

This was the most hyped I've been watching Super for basically the entire series now. Zamasu + Black are also the first villains since, like, Frieza that have made the situation seem so hopeless for the main cast.

Just a quick question because I didn't get it when watching that episode (don't know if it's because time travelling is confusing or the version I'm watching is poorly subtitled, I think the former is the truth). However, Zamasu stole Goku's body, it's clearly not Goku from the present and future Goku died because of that heart virus during the Android arc so what Goku are we referring to?

And while I'm on it I wanna talk about the series as a whole (since I can't do that irl because nobody else I know watches that ~_~):
I think they completely fucked up Goku's character in DBS, just compare his actions in DBS and DBZ; Goku fighting Hit, and Black Goku/Zamasu at once during the most recent episode are really the only scenes I actually took him serious. In DBS, they tried too hard making a funny/immature character out of him while he was so much funnier when he was being childish less commonly in DBZ... :( Also kind of disappointed of what happened to Gohan and Videl, there was so much potential in that relationship but they made it so cheesy with the traditional family pattern, they could've at least made some Saiyaman/Saiyagirl(?) scenes or dressed Gohan differently (I fking hate that green sports suit lol). Also, Goten should get more screen time (and probably grow, too? I feel like he's even smaller in DBS than in DBZ). Piccolo is a weakling too which is sad considering he was the strongest Z fighter temporary (when fighting Android 17).

Buuuut aside from the negative aspects, I have to admit that it has been very entertaining after the two movies got covered, Future Trunks Arc has been amazing so far and I was so hoping for Trunks to beat Black Goku (and not Goku beating yet another enemy!) so I'm very excited for the following episodes. I still think Future Trunks's character could have been better though (like he already cried twice and I had the impression he was 'cooler' and not that emotional in DBZ. Also what's up with his hair color.). Really hope they keep Goku more serious for the next episodes and I wanna watch Trunks fighting! Btw. is it confirmed that the form he uses towards the end is Legendary SSJ? Kinda surprised how he got that strong suddenly (SSJ2-Gohan-effect I guess.)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a quick question because I didn't get it when watching that episode (don't know if it's because time travelling is confusing or the version I'm watching is poorly subtitled, I think the former is the truth). However, Zamasu stole Goku's body, it's clearly not Goku from the present and future Goku died because of that heart virus during the Android arc so what Goku are we referring to?

And while I'm on it I wanna talk about the series as a whole (since I can't do that irl because nobody else I know watches that ~_~):
I think they completely fucked up Goku's character in DBS, just compare his actions in DBS and DBZ; Goku fighting Hit, and Black Goku/Zamasu at once during the most recent episode are really the only scenes I actually took him serious. In DBS, they tried too hard making a funny/immature character out of him while he was so much funnier when he was being childish less commonly in DBZ... :( Also kind of disappointed of what happened to Gohan and Videl, there was so much potential in that relationship but they made it so cheesy with the traditional family pattern, they could've at least made some Saiyaman/Saiyagirl(?) scenes or dressed Gohan differently (I fking hate that green sports suit lol). Also, Goten should get more screen time (and probably grow, too? I feel like he's even smaller in DBS than in DBZ). Piccolo is a weakling too which is sad considering he was the strongest Z fighter temporary (when fighting Android 17).

Buuuut aside from the negative aspects, I have to admit that it has been very entertaining after the two movies got covered, Future Trunks Arc has been amazing so far and I was so hoping for Trunks to beat Black Goku (and not Goku beating yet another enemy!) so I'm very excited for the following episodes. I still think Future Trunks's character could have been better though (like he already cried twice and I had the impression he was 'cooler' and not that emotional in DBZ. Also what's up with his hair color.). Really hope they keep Goku more serious for the next episodes and I wanna watch Trunks fighting! Btw. is it confirmed that the form he uses towards the end is Legendary SSJ? Kinda surprised how he got that strong suddenly (SSJ2-Gohan-effect I guess.)
Dragon ball was never the kind of story that was going to nail the complexities of time travel-- this ain't no Steins;Gate. I think the best thing is just not to think about it too hard.

With Cell coming back from a future even beyond future Trunk's we were always going to be on shaky logic ground-- so it's best to just let it be. Lol

Haruno

this episode was aids LOL what the literal fuck. Also it's almost certain we're getting gogeta/vegito or zenos to rofl stomp fused zamasu since at this point he's probably stronger than beerus/whis.

Deck Knight

I liked the episode. Father Son Gallick Gun for the win! (It even rhymes.)

Also, remember how Majin Buu w/ Gohan thought he was so super tough and got wasted by a jawbreaker? I sincerely hope simultaneously that Zamasu does better, but also gets rekt. What the ep if you want to know what I'm getting at :)

Haruno

Vegito is back.......................... looks like we know how this'll end this is a super lazy cop out lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)