DPL2 Sets Thread

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I used this in DOU.

fifty one percent (Cloyster) @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Protect

Click Shell Smash at the right time to win. Preferebably paired with a redirector, I used Jirachi on my team with it.

Unfortunately I clicked Shell Smash and still lost but that's just bad timing

-

Fast-Sub Volcanion

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 HP / 172 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

Brought this vs Kami because I thought he'd bring a lot of slow mons and I was kinda right. This set is pretty cool with tailwind support to make it faster than genies, diancie, a lot of mons that can kill/chunk it normally. Its enough speed to outrun Modest max speed Heatran.

Just a few BW sets I used over the weeks which I thought were pretty cool

Gastrodon @ Life Orb
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This was part of a TR mode on my week 1 team so the evs can be adjusted for other teams. Basically this thing hits pretty hard and functions as a good rain check, being able to switchin on and redirect water moves. It is also a solid answer to thundurus.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

I lost my week 3 game but that doesn't change how good this set is imo. Mamoswine is really good in BW because it hits so much for SE damage with its STABs. Ttar, metagross, latios, hydreigon, genies, skymin and heatran all fall to mamoswine. it's biggest problem is not being fast enough, but scarf let's you solve that. Icicle Spear was to break any subs given stratos had a sub lando in week 2, but it also doesn't miss. Superpower was just there to 100% ohko ttar but stone edge and rock slide ohko volcarona so it's up to you. Max speed jolly just so you outspeed everything.

Ludicolo @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 32 SpA / 104 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Sunny Day
- Scald
- Energy Ball

The godly sunny day ludicolo. I brought it for week 5 because I wanted a weather disruptor because mizu seemed to like weather, and it gave me fake out. It is a very solid rain check because you bring it in on rain, outspeed the 2 opposing mons (bar kingdra) with swift swim and just use sunny day. As it happens, it worked perfectly vs mizu.

The evs let ludi live 2 LO secret swords from keldeo after sitrus, as well as a dragon gem latios draco meteor. 4 speed evs to outspeed neutral 0 speed base 70s. the rest in spa to hit stuff a bit harder. it 2hkos tran with scald which is nice.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Close Combat
- Protect

TR mega heracross is a total baller and entirely underrated. The coverage for rock blast + bullet seed + close combat is nearly endless, and any mon without decent physical defense is most definitely getting bopped into oblivion.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Used this on the same team as heracross, because nobody appreciates ludicolo in TR. 70 base speed is plenty slow enough, and it has decent enough bulk as well. Plus when those rain user losers show up you can steal their rain for yourself with rain dish B) . It's also got great coverage, and fake out, which is perfect for TR.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Recover

I like this a lot tbh. I used this on a team w/ sceptile because the mons I kept adding couldnt touch aegislash well, so shadow ball on p2 seemed good. At 84 speed i beat volcanion by 1 point (though they tend to creep a little so that doesn't matter much) but also under tw I beat base 110s (or if they're at -2 from icy wind). Offensive p2 is actually awesome because its so strong, mostly due to download boosts, and can shrug off a fair number of hits (some slower teams tend to not be able to hit p2 that well so that's really fun) and recover from damage dealt p well.
The game that I used it in I actually sacked it unintentionally :B but not until after it had left a p good mark on haruno's team.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

House of Gold (Slowking) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Oblivious
Level: 99
EVs: 236 HP / 172 SpA / 100 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast

My teams from the first two weeks weren't really out there, I was more trying to get a feel for the meta. Going into week 3, that clearly wasn't working, so I decided to mix it up a bit. qsns and I were talking about how Slowking kind of seemed like the anti-meta pick, with Fire Blast and Scald getting great coverage on things like Mega Metagross, Mega Aero, Mega Aboma, Diancie, Scizor, and Rhyperior. Then, I really didn't want to tie with Mega Abomasnow so... I went for level 99. The spread allows Slowking to live a Serperior Leaf Storm or Darkrai Dark Pulse, and OHKO Mega Abomasnow with Fire Blast. I really thought that shane was going to bring hailroom, but sadly the matchup wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Still, I liked this set and had fun using it.

Migraine (Luxray) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch
- Superpower

The other star of the show on that team was Luxray. Basically I got to the last slot and realized that I needed something to OHKO manaphy that wasn't likely to click Fake Out, then Boom. Luxray also provided Intimidate support for my Substitute Mega Altaria, and got pretty cool coverage moves in Ice Fang and Superpower, as well as Volt Switch for pivoting. In the end, Luxray hit way harder than I was expecting and lived way more hits than I was expecting (It lives LO Rhyperior EQ), and I honestly think it was the best Pokemon for that team.

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind
- Recover

In prepping for xzern I actually was fussing around with a Virizion + Mega Metagross + Icy Wind Jelli core in DOU and happened to notice they were all DUU-viable. Jelli put in some serious work, and Icy Wind helped out teammates like Heattom and Virizion with slightly disappointing speed tiers. Not exactly revolutionary I know, but Jelli doesn't have to be TR to do its job.

Kingler @ Focus Sash
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Wide Guard
- Ally Switch

Finally, n10sit and I had our showdown in DNU with only bad megas allowed. I knew I wanted to build around Venomoth because I had seen him use lots of Clefairy in testing and weeks previous, so I started out with that + Follow Me Blastoise. After a lot of working things around Tangela just ended up fitting better as the redirector but I still wanted a Water-type and a Wide Guard user, so I took this set from my MPL match against Croven, where it put in insane amounts of work. Although Kingler hits much weaker than Crawdaunt, the added utility of Wide Guard + Ally Switch totally saved me in the match and although I am not under any delusions that this is a widely viable set, I still wanted to share it.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I call this Shit-mons with Scarfs
Lost in a real close game to finally with these mons.
Cool thing about double scarfs is that no-one expect both to be scarfs

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse

So I didnt know what finally was bringing and I just decided to bring two genie counters. They are real fun to use.

Rockslide is almost 100% chance to OHKO Thundy after sand damage
Crunch is the main stab, and always OHKO Latios
Iron Head was the surprise fairy counter had he brought Gard. It has 50% chance to OHKO; or 100% chance after sand damage and survives a Hyper voice
Low Kick let me take out Hydregion on Turn 2 against finally and it easily survived a LO boost Draco
Sand Stream Allowed me to break his Breloom's sash so I could OHKO it with my Aegislash

Volt Switch main stab to pivot out
Psychic shitty fighting/amoonguss attack counter
Hidden Power [Ice] I am ev'd to outspeed Jolly Lando
Dark Pulse because I felt Aegislash weak. The very rare shadow sneak is actually what cost me the game
Volt Absorb this ability makes Thund-T a great Volcano partner as it is immune to 2 of its weakness so you can switch volc to Thundy ez in some situations

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Recover

I like this a lot tbh. I used this on a team w/ sceptile because the mons I kept adding couldnt touch aegislash well, so shadow ball on p2 seemed good. At 84 speed i beat volcanion by 1 point (though they tend to creep a little so that doesn't matter much) but also under tw I beat base 110s (or if they're at -2 from icy wind). Offensive p2 is actually awesome because its so strong, mostly due to download boosts, and can shrug off a fair number of hits (some slower teams tend to not be able to hit p2 that well so that's really fun) and recover from damage dealt p well.
The game that I used it in I actually sacked it unintentionally :B but not until after it had left a p good mark on haruno's team.
honestly if you're using P2 on a team with Mega Sceptile and are therefore using non-TR speed control, you might as well use Discharge.

had that originally but i dumped it off because I traded talonflame (which i had originally) for zapdos, so I didn't think I really needed any more electric coverage or just discharge. Also from playing the team I hardly ever was able to get p2 to discharge as i swapped in sceptile and it was awkward having both out at the same time anyway. Discharge is piss weak w/o like STAB anyway :B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)