DP Empoleon

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I cached this, but I was not pleased at all by the numerous and widespread errors that ranged from putting brackets around Hidden Power types to gender inconsistency (you first call Empoleon a "him" and then an "it") to capitalization mistakes and typos that a Spellcheck on anything would have caught. Let this serve as a reminder/warning for next time.

Umm, yeah... You would need to change the EVs so that its final HP is still divisible by 4. So if your piplup has 20 HP IVs, it would need 0 EVs in order for the total to be divisible by 4. So the final spread would be 252 SpAtk/ 44 SpD/ 216 Spd. But really, it really wasn't that hard to figure out; I even mentioned that in my writeup:
Wouldn't 44 Def be better, even if only against priority moves which are pretty much all physical (Save vwave which would kill anyway, and is rare)

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Great Sage. I'll work harder next time.

Wouldn't 44 Def be better, even if only against priority moves which are pretty much all physical (Save vwave which would kill anyway, and is rare)
It was just an example... do whatever you think is best.

Okay I do think you need to add something about the more common Hidden Power Ground SpecsMence. He actually is used more for better acc then hydro pump and a way to easily 2hko empoleon and ohko heatran

Hidden Power Ground on Empoleon
Defender HP: 372
Move Damage: 206 - 243
Damage: 55.38% - 65.32%

That is from the specsmence to the special tank empoleon. So it should be noted somewhere that it helps to know if specemence down in fact run hp ground.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
44 HP reaches 320 HP IIRC, which ensures that the Petaya Berry activates on your third Substitute which is crucial to that set.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok.. I have a Emp. with brine & i like it much better than surf or h. pump.. Yes it is situational but who gives a shit, it works well. My emp. other moves are grass knot, flash cannon & ice beam.. 31 ivs in hp, def, sp. atk & speed.. didn't even bother ev'n the speed *use it for a trick room team while holding iron ball* i stuck w` hp & sp. atk & its pretty good that way.
Uh.... I think this is self explanatory.

About HP Ground Mence: People SHOULD be using it, but nobody does. I've never found someone using HP Ground on their mence, so no it's not the most common option. It's not even a standard choice on the default set, because people are paranoid about Choice locked Ground moves.

The 44 thing was saying if you had a 20 HP IV where one would put the EVs. It's actually probably better to have a 28 HP IV and 40 HP EVs so that you can max SAtk.

Thanks for all your help, guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)