DP Dusknoir .

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
SubPunch Dusknoir is certainly a viable set, especially since I have been finding that "walling" with Dusknoir isn't a great option. I credit the random ShoddyBattler for this, as I never even considered SubPunching with Dusknoir until I switching my Tyranitar (I had already switched in my Heracross so I feared a Fire Punch) into Dusknoir, only to get eaten by Focus Punch. After the second time this happened...I learned my lesson...

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dusknoir

[SET]
Name: SubPunch Dusknoir
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Focus Punch
Move 3: Fire Punch / Ice Punch
Move 4: Shadow Sneak
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 Def
Nature: Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set uses Dusknoir's immunities to easily switch in and Substitute, and then deal large damage to the opposition from Dusknoir's oft underestimated Attack stat and its impressive physical move pool. Focus Punch and Fire Punch hit Tyranitar (who can OHKO Dusknoir with CB Crunch) and Heracross (who appreciates a potential Burn from Will-O-Wisp), common switches into Dusknoir, for huge damage, actually OHKOing Tyranitar and nearly OHKOing Heracross.</p>

<p>323 Attack is reached to always KO 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp with Ice Punch + Shadow Sneak, always OHKO 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey with Focus Punch and Stealth Rock, always 2HKO 252 HP / 216 Def Impish Forretress with Fire Punch and Stealth Rock, and always OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam with Shadow Sneak and Stealth Rock. The defensive EVs actually serve a purpose as well, as they allow Dusknoir to always survive a Jolly Garchomp's Swords Dance Earthquake (though it never survives the Outrage).</p>

<p>Fire Punch versus Ice Punch depends on whether you want to beat Garchomp or Heracross. Since Heracross almost will never hesitate to switch in, Substitute + Fire Punch can be used to severely cripple it, as the Substitute will force the frequently Choiced Heracross to reveal its hand, and Fire Punch will nearly OHKO it. Ice Punch, obviously, is just another check for Garchomp. ThunderPunch can be considered as well, but there are more efficient methods of dealing with Gyarados / bulky Waters.</p>

You might wanna make oft into often. Also, you have almost filled the whole front page of this section with your Peer Edits alone. Take a break once in a while.

This set uses Dusknoir's immunities to easily switch in, Substitute, and then deal large damage to the opposition from Dusknoir's oft underestimated Attack stat and its impressive physical move pool. Focus Punch and Fire Punch hit Tyranitar (who can OHKO Dusknoir with CB Crunch) and Heracross (who appreciates a potential Burn from Will-O-Wisp), common switches into Dusknoir, for huge damage, actually OHKOing Tyranitar and nearly OHKOing Heracross.</p>

<p>323 Attack is reached to always KO 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp with Ice Punch + Shadow Sneak, always OHKO 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey with Focus Punch and Stealth Rock, always 2HKO 252 HP / 216 Def Impish Forretress with Fire Punch and Stealth Rock, and always OHKO 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam with Shadow Sneak and Stealth Rock. The defensive EVs actually serve a purpose as well, as they allow Dusknoir to always survive a Jolly Garchomp's Swords Dance Earthquake (though it never survives the Outrage).</p>

<p>Fire Punch versus Ice Punch depends on how whether you want to beat Garchomp or Heracross. Since Heracross almost will never hesitate to switch in, Substitute + Fire Punch can be used to severely cripple it, as the Substitute will force the frequently Choiced Heracross to reveal its hand, and Fire Punch will nearly OHKO it. Ice Punch, obviously, is just another check for Garchomp. ThunderPunch can be considered as well, but there are more efficient methods of dealing with Gyarados / bulky Waters.</p>
small fixes. you made some typos, like 'efficienty.'

and lol Sikh Assassin, oft works perfectly fine in that spot.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Darkie's fixes edited in; Sikh Assassin, why would you possibly want me taking a break from my philanthropic endeavor of bestowing my Poke-knowledge to the community?!!

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I've actually used a similar set before, except I used Pain Split over the elemental punches. In my experience, I found it very useful and worked really well with Substitute and with its ability (pressure).

Pretty much if it can't beat something, it could just Pain Split away and so, since its a very affective back strategy, it should me mentioned!

Otherwise everything looks fine.:heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)