DP Blaziken .

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is my first Peer Edit, so any help will be appreciated. I am also surprised that there is no set that takes advantage of Blaziken's potential as a Mixed Sweeper, even though he is outclassed by Infernape. I first saw Astamatitos use this set and it worked for him, then soon I tried it and it gave me a potent revenge killer as well as a Mixed Attacker.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/blaziken

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf MixiKen
move 1: Overheat / Fire Blast
move 2: Sky Uppercut
move 3: ThunderPunch
move 4: Hidden Power Ice
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Rash
evs: 76 Atk / 216 SpA / 216 Spd
ivs: 30 HP / 30 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> Blaziken is an underrated mixed sweeper because of its average speed, which is remedied by a Choice Scarf. The moveset above gives the best coverage. Thunderpunch will 2HKO the standard Bulky Gyarados and with Stealth Rocks. That last part of the sentence doesn't make any sense "and with Stealth Rock"? Do you mean to say it will OHKO if it takes SR damage or something? Fix it to whatever you meant to say.

The Fire-type I'd just say Fire rather than Fire-type, but it's doesn't matter

move and Sky Uppercut both benefit from STAB. Sky Uppercut can also 2HKO the remove the, just have it say "can also 2HKO max HP ..."

max HP and max Defense Bold Blissey. Hidden Power Ice will OHKO most Dragons and Grounds like Gliscor and Garchomp (if they aren't carrying Yache Berry).
Has it been established that this can OHKO Garchomp without a Yache?</p>

<p> Overheat is recommended instead change instead to "over Fire Blast" for the extra power and since this Blaziken is played as a hit and run Pokemon, the Special Attack drop won't matter as much but if you are really worried about the Special Attack drop, you can use Fire Blast instead. If Swampert is giving your team problems, Hidden Power Grass may be preferred over Hidden Power Ice. </p>

<p> The EVs give you a 295 Attack stat, a 340 Special Attack stat, and a 375 Speed stat. With the 375 Speed, you can outspeed Weavile, neutral base 125 Pokemon, and anything lower. </p>

Minor nitpick, the EVs only let outrun 216 speed EV Jolly Weavile not max speed Weavile, may want to clarify that somehow.
Other than those little things it seems perfect.

Also, I'm recommending rather than adding this set to the analysis that this replace the current Choice Scarf set listed in the analysis since I have found that this mixed Scarf Blaziken is almost always better than a physical Blaizken.

Set comments need fixing up slightly. Blaziken isn't a great lead, nor is it a good mixed sweeper. It is a half decent revenge killer. Take out the mention of HP Grass too. Without HP Ice, the set is significantly less effective because it can't beat Dragons, which is one of the biggest advantages this has over the physical set. I would mention that this is more effective at taking on some physical walls, like Hippowdon (Overheat can do up to 80%, Flare Drive only does 36% at best).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)