Metagame Doubles Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
I do not know if I am on the right forum (which discusses mostly Viability Rankings) but I try. We note that there are extremely few viable pokémons in this format (which alone centralize more than 80% of matchs). And among the outclassed there is a large number of Uber: should not we create for them a "Tier 5" (or a "D-rank")? With this message for them: "technically DUber but strongly discouraged to use". Here is the list:
• lot of Arceus (Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Grass, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Rock and Water)
• Dialga
• Giratina
• Giratina-O
• Groudon (basic)
• Kyogre (basic)
• Kyurem-W
• Lugia
• M-Mewtwo X
• M-Mewtwo Y
• Necrozma-DM (I guess VRs are not up-to-date)
• Necrozma-DW
• Ultra-Necrozma
• Palkia
• Rayquaza (basic)
• Snorlax
• Reshiram
• Zekrom
• Zygarde-C
Yes, there is an update in the works, but I don't think we'll be including "trash but banned from dou" as part of the rankings. I know singles ubers does this, but I don't think it works well when we're modeling everything else from the dou vr. The vr isn't supposed to be comprehensive, it's more so a threatlist of the best and most common mons in the tier. The whole idea behind using numbers instead of letters was to remove the connotation of "c is bad" so that even the mons at the bottom of the vr are still perfectly usable. Putting everything else in a tier 5 just wouldn't be accurate because some of the unranked mons like lugia and kyurem-w could be arguably good on the right team, but definitely not bugceus or mmx. Additionally, this implies that every mon in tier 5 is still better than every unranked mon not banned from dubers.

Also, singles only has like an extra dozen mons in their bottom tier so it's not a big deal to be completionist, but our vr would literally double in size. Dubers is a small tier, so it should have a small vr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)