Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge

A powerful semi trick room team. Heal Pulse Slowking with SD Mawile to begin, with AV Rotom wash and AV Bulu capable of playing in either Trick Room or with Electroweb support. Typh rounds out the f/w/g core, with Focus Blast and HP Ice for coverage beside Z Eruption. Heal Pulse on Slowking and Grassy Terrain assist typh in keeping up Eruptions Base Power. Grassy Terrain also help Mawile and Typh take EQs and reply with KOs. Finally, two strong priority users let me switch between my methods of speed control, and help combat opps speed control. Marsh is busted and until someone gives me a good reason not to use it on every team, I'll keep using it.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Voting time! Sorry for the delay, reqs took longer than expected. Reply below with the name of the user whose team you feel most deserves to win this round.

Mishimono
MajorBowman
GenOne
Kaori
KyleCole

Voting closes on Monday, November 6th at 11:59pm EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Oops! Jhon correctly pointed out that I jumped the gun by about 22 hours, you still have one more day to submit. Paraplegic, you are free to leave your post there and edit it if you end up preferring one of the teams posted later.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i have been destroyed by kaori's team like 60 times so i can't not vote for him

also kylecole is a mere imposter

jhons team is good but kaori still beat me like 60 times

Last edited:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 24 SpA / 28 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 20 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 228 HP / 24 Def / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 48 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Rotom-Wash @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 76 SpA / 72 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

I just wanted to build a Ferrothorn team for the suspect ladder, since most of my stuff is built for certain opponents and not general ladder play. I liked Final Gambit with Ferrothorn back in oras, so I brought it back here. Quickly trading Victini for one of their few Ferrothorn answers or Landorus-T/Diancie (to free Charizard) is really nice. I'm using a special version as Psychic in terrain is more likely to ko Marhsadow/Terrakion than Zen, given the low investment due to wanting Gambit HP. Blue Flare still does decent damage in sun and 20% burn is nothing to ignore.
After those two, a more typical 3 mon core in Lando-CharY-Lele. CB Lando is beautiful. This one is simply EV'd to ko 252hp Heatran with Superpower, bypassing Shuca. Charizard is a Tailwind varient, to get Lando and Lele into strong positions. I'm opting to drop Solar Beam as removing those bulky waters isn't really something I'm too worried about. They're not too threatening in sun, they're Ferro food for end-game and most people play scared of it anyway. HP Ground helps with Heatran removal for Ferro; it's especially nice as Lele+Charizard invite Heatran with open arms, but z-Psychic + HP Ground can KO through Shuca.
Finally the important bit, Rotom-W. It was intially a Seed Zapdos, but I didn't like compounding Rock and Ice weaknesses. Particularly if I was going to be playing 5v5 and not wanting to have Ferro in too much early on. Basic move choice, but I feel Twave is best here. It sets up key mons to be picked of by the 3 big hitters later on. It's unique Ability-Typing combination and bulk still allow it to be the decent answer to Lando, Heatran and Volcanion it was in oras.

talkingtree

large if factual
Okay, voting time take 2, for real this time! Elise and Paraplegic, either edit your post or make a new one if your vote has changed since Jhon posted his team.

Mishimono
MajorBowman
GenOne
Kaori
KyleCole

Jhon

Voting closes on Monday, November 6th at 11:59pm EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
Congratulations to Jhon for winning this round! His team and description will be added to the Hall of Fame. As for this week...

Another recent addition to the VR, Kartana has proven in both Snake and DLT that it is a threat to be feared. Despite nearly unusable special bulk that prevents it from taking even resisted hits reliably, Kartana's ridiculous Attack stat allows it to break though teams before they have a chance to retaliate. Using Kartana can be tricky, as it nearly forces teams to compound weaknesses by adding another Steel-type due to Kartana's inability to be the reliable answer to Fairy- and Psychic-types that most teams are looking for in their Steel-type. Thanks to Z-Moves, Kartana is likely to get a KO in every match it participates in, so it's up to you to find ways to support it and craft a team that allows Kartana to break through the opposition.

Submissions close Friday, November 10th at 11:59pm EST!

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Soak
- Taunt

colgate (Manectric) (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Overheat

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Detect
- Smart Strike

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 64 Def / 144 SpA / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Substitute

Dekyubetoid (Kyurem-Black) @ Misty Seed
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 32 Def / 20 SpA / 116 SpD / 76 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
I wanted to use mega manectric so i decided to build a team with mega manectric :I
The first thing I did was add a Pokemon which covered most of the gaps Manectric has which is Ground-type Pokemon and the 3 things in the metagame faster than Mega Man which are Hasty Deo-A and Scarfers. So to cover these I added a Scarf Tapu Fini which can deal with Ground-types easily as well as Deo-A. Soak was added since I wanted to create more openings for Manectrics Volt Switch to do more damage and open up opportunities for Kartana to OHKO things with Leaf Blade. Taunt was because I didn't know where to put it and had nothing else I felt like including on Tapu Fini if I'm being honest. Next came Manectric which is a lowkey god-tier Pokemon. Intimidate and Volt Switch on a Pokemon as fast as Mega Man is awesome and it pairs quite nicely with Tapu Fini. Having an Electric-type that cleanly beats Ferrothorn is nice as hell. Next came Kartana. I wanted another way to beat Ground-types and a way to cleanly OHKO opposing Tapu Finis and deal with Snorlax. The EVs on Kartana take a Tapu Koko Life Orb Thunderbolt. Next came Landorus-T which was because it's a nice glue Mon and I wanted Stealth Rocks for Manectric and Kartana to be able to clean up late game a lot easier. I don't know what the HP and Speed EVs do because I stole them from a set from a Dad1 team and just changed the Atk investment into SpA. Double Intimidate is dope if you're not too afraid of Milotic, which I'm not because I have like 3 ways to beat it. Volcanion was because I wanted another way to beat Ferrothorn and Celesteela and another Water resist. Substitute is also a decent win condition. The EVs were made because Memoric asked me for a bulky Substitute Volcanion set for snake a while back but I was late giving the EVs so I just had this set sitting in my builder and was like word. The HP and Def lets a Substitute live a -1 Scrafty Knock Off and the SpD was originally invested in Spe for TTars and a Tailwind benchmark but I don't have Tailwind so :I. The Kyurem is annoying because I don't like using Kyurem but it tied things together quite nicely. I might just make it a banded Kyurem because its much more fun, or I might change Fusion Bolt to Dragon Claw to beat opposing Kyurem-Bs because Kyub mirrors make me want to kill myself.

Some flames I threw together for funsies but actually managed to grab some solid games.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-656308001
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-656293707
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-656298400
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-656291495
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop
- Tailwind
- Protect

Mew @ Mago Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Zen Headbutt

Amoonguss @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

I wanted to build HO with Mega Aerodactyl because it's a fun playstyle with a fun mega. Threw in Kartana, Zygarde, and Marshadow to smash everything up. Mew and Amoonguss for some additional support. There's nothing overly wild here, just some solid mons with Aero for a bit of spice; I'll let the replays speak for themselves. Enjoy!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-656303524 almost lost to ribombee

Caasi

Banned deucer.

Offensive team built around scarf kartana that is very scary to play against for many teams. Kartana weakens switchins to Mega-Metagross, Mega-Metagross is a good psyspam check in general. Volcanion helps kart as it deals with ferro and steela, it's also a good rain check in general. Mago berry lando is added to provide rocks wich help as zapdos walls kartana. Lando also provides intimidate and a decent switchin for Marshadow wich is annoying to offense. Tapu Koko is added to perform a volturn core with lando and boost Meta's Tpunch. In the last slot is AV Kyurem to provide speed support and switchin to treats that threaten the team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-657171985

Last edited:

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Protect

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 76 SpA / 112 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 140 HP / 124 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earth Power
- Knock Off

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 28 SpA / 136 SpD / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power

so I started with Kartana + Mega Gengar because trapping is really strong with Kartana imo since it doesn't have to worry about Intimidate switching in, which can be its greatest downfall. Fightinium hits Ferrothorn and Kyurem-B hard, which are common Leaf Blade switch-ins. Substitute can be used on obvious protects and can make it even scarier. I tested Scarf Lele next because it's the only way Gengar can dispose of Marshadow, but it didn't match my playstyle so I switched to specs. This specs Lele lives just about anything even -1 LO Marsh move. Volcanion because it's the best fire easily right now and Gengar can help it to find positions where sub is free. Landorus is kinda odd set wise because with this team there's no EQ partners so I was forced into a mixed set with EP, but it still works finely. Kyurem-B was used as glue and speed control at the end.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Zapdos @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 232 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpA / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam

Here's a kartana + metagross team! Kart doesn't count as a steel type and these two actually compliment eachother better than I thought they would. Kart deals with ferrothorn well and metagross can threaten out special attackers like Lele and can even tank hits from deo and koko. Scarf lele compliments these guys nicely giving gross the psychic terrain and revenging faster mons that scare out kart. Zapdos provides speed control and Lando provides intim support + knock off and rocks. Last mon is specs fini which is pretty cool and helps against fire types as well as resetting terrain should it need to be reset.

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Kartana scarf and marsh move z said:
kartana scarf will be our main wallbreaker to start the offensive supported with the auro veil and decrease the damage so that it can break, heatran helps with the flash fire for a good switch and mence with tailwind to increase even more speed and with the field of fini we can avoid changes of states that can affect kartana and finally marshadow that with its big attack and move z ends easily with annoying wall of the metagame

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
- Leaf Blade

Earto-des (Heatran) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 236 SpA / 224 SpD
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Taunt
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

so good (Tapu Fini) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Haze

onee-chan (Ninetales-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Protect
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard

salamadra (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Return
- Protect

One punch man (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Close Combat

ready, renovated

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 224 HP / 56 Atk / 72 Def / 52 SpA / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 56 SpA / 16 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Calm Mind

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 176 Atk / 144 SpA / 188 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kartana is a neat Pokemon, pairing it with Mega Mence was the first thing that came to mind as Kartana threats stuff like KyuB and Water-types that MMence struggles against, Hyper Voice on Mence can provide chip damage that allows Kartana to nab KOs more easily. I added KyuB from there to deal with Zapdos and Rain teams, I thought I'd try Dragon Claw over Ice Beam because extra ice coverage wasn't really needed and it allows me to win KyuB mirrors. All three of the previously mentioned Pokemon could lose to Marshadow so I added Tapu Koko + Tapu Fini to cover it as well as other stuff like Mence and Lando, being able to win terrain wars the majority of the time is nice vs Lele as well. Nature's Madness Fini is a set I've been enjoying lots lately and it compliments this team particularly well due to its fairly fast nature, particularly benefitting Kartana which can easily snowball off of KOs. Finally; Mega Gengar, Aegislash and Psyspam seemed like threats so I added Scarf Hoopa-U to round things off. Hoopa-U beats the aftermentioned threats and revenges otherwise annoying Pokemon like Landorus-T and Tapu Koko.

talkingtree

large if factual
Voting time! You should know how this works by now

shaian
KyleCole
Caasi
Mint16
miltankmilk
zikam
Yuga42

Voting closes on Monday, November 13th at 11:59pm EST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)