Doubles OU Teambuilding Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to run a set with Leftovers and Protect/Detect, as Lefties meant it could recover some health while Protecting while also being capable of healing off some Status damage in the cases Conk was statused.

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Electrolyte

Modest Charizard Y is a fucking monster. Overheat is incredible to have laying around and is a nice option if you need something nuked. I considered Hidden Power Ground, but overheat was too valuable in the end. Scizor is in an unfortunate position in the current meta, where alot of the top threats can easily wall it, however it utterly destroys Diancie and other Rock types for Zard and can back it up with tailwind, allowing Charizard to do some serious damage. First order of business was to have a way to hit opposing Zards. I noticed that while using Scizor as a sole Tailwind user wasn't working out due to it losing to things Zard can't damage, it was fairly effective while Tailwind was up. I chose my Zapdos set as its able to reliably set Tailwind, and can support Scizor's poor special bulk using Light Screen, which this team greatly appreciates. Landorus-T was next up as it can spam Earthquake besides Zapdos and Charizard, has intimidate to aid Zards poor physical bulk and can KO opposing Zards thanks to Scarf Rock Slide. The EVs have a 93.7% chance at surviving +1 LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch because fuck Bisharp. I chose Keldeo next as I needed another way to beat opposing Heatran and Bisharp. Used Hydro Pump over Scald as I needed the extra damage in case sun was up, and Taunt as Amoonguss was a problem is Charizard wasn't out. Tried a few things in the last slot before deciding on Safety Goggles Heatran. I had a hard time switching in to opposing Zards and I had no Spore switch-ins so Goggles were a given. I opted for Ancient Power as a backup Zard killer because I really did struggle vs it before I added Heatran.

Scizor was hard to work around and I did try at least 2 other completely different builds which I threw away before finding this one.

Edit: Haruno Yeah I'm aware of the rain problem, I had Kyu-B on there instead of Heatran at first, then I moved to Aegi, but I tested all 3 and Sun was more of a problem than rain with Aegi. Its just a case of playing the game right vs rain.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 104 Def / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Overheat
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 Atk / 84 Def / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 28 SpA / 32 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Light Screen
- Tailwind

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Electrolyte

Modest Charizard Y is a fucking monster. Overheat is incredible to have laying around and is a nice option if you need something nuked. I considered Hidden Power Ground, but overheat was too valuable in the end. Scizor is in an unfortunate position in the current meta, where alot of the top threats can easily wall it, however it utterly destroys Diancie and other Rock types for Zard and can back it up with tailwind, allowing Charizard to do some serious damage. First order of business was to have a way to hit opposing Zards. I noticed that while using Scizor as a sole Tailwind user wasn't working out due to it losing to things Zard can't damage, it was fairly effective while Tailwind was up. I chose my Zapdos set as its able to reliably set Tailwind, and can support Scizor's poor special bulk using Light Screen, which this team greatly appreciates. Landorus-T was next up as it can spam Earthquake besides Zapdos and Charizard, has intimidate to aid Zards poor physical bulk and can KO opposing Zards thanks to Scarf Rock Slide. The EVs have a 93.7% chance at surviving +1 LO Bisharp's Sucker Punch because fuck Bisharp. I chose Keldeo next as I needed another way to beat opposing Heatran and Bisharp. Used Hydro Pump over Scald as I needed the extra damage in case sun was up, and Taunt as Amoonguss was a problem is Charizard wasn't out. Tried a few things in the last slot before deciding on Safety Goggles Heatran. I had a hard time switching in to opposing Zards and I had no Spore switch-ins so Goggles were a given. I opted for Ancient Power as a backup Zard killer because I really did struggle vs it before I added Heatran.

Scizor was hard to work around and I did try at least 2 other completely different builds which I threw away before finding this one.

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 104 Def / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Overheat
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 216 Atk / 84 Def / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 28 SpA / 32 SpD / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Light Screen
- Tailwind

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect
Nice rain checks :v4:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol... Rain indeed. I think it is put massively on the backfoot against rain... what is that team going to do against Swift Swim Ludicolo, for exampel?

That team relies on Zard-Y too much to remove vital threats with Solar Beam (something like defensive Jellicent, which Zapdos cannot break) and/or its Drought ability, so it needs to be played carefully against specific threats, which can prove to be a hindrance.

SpaceBass

Tailwind on 2 pokemon, Light Screen on Zapdos and general weather warfare is how I deal with rain. The issue with this team is that the last slot depends on what gives the team more trouble. Aegislash makes it incredibly hard to play around sun teams and fire types in general. Heatran makes it perform worse against rain.

One thing you could try is using Latios over Heatran as it can still handle fire attacks and deal with Zard while still having a better matchup vs rain.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For the sake that this is dead, could anybody build me a team with:

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Return
- Protect

♥
If you're not running encore then you're better off just running kanga. ._.

SpaceBass

I thought Arctic was doing it. I'll do the Lop team, got 2 days off work to build it.

Edit: Tagging Meloetta<3, turns out I'm busy Friday and working Saturday and Sunday, so will be a delay, I'll do it, just not sure when.

Last edited:

SpaceBass

Want.

Edit: Meloetta<3 Yeah I was working alot more than I thought I would be because like everyone I work with has gone on holiday, also Lopunny is kinda hard to build with without being like, huh I could be using Kang. I'll get to Lopunny eventually but I already kinda have half an Articuno team laying there so I'm going to just finish that.

Last edited:
I guess, Charizard X team, would be appreciated. Uh; d-dance and support to prevent para's. go wild with it but still usable. Will return to Pokemon in mid-august

Hey guys, Im working on a super doubles team that starts with a dual screen klefkey with swagger, and an unburden hawlucha with a persim berry. The trouble is I cant think of two other pokes to go with them. The best I have come up with is full offence charizard x and a bulky varient of rottom wash but I can't help but think that there is something better. any suggestions?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
well your first problem is that Doubles OU is a 6v6 format and you need two more Pokemon

Try asking in our Q&A thread instead; this thread isn't the place to ask.

SpaceBass

Its actually because Articuno and Lopunny are kinda shitmons and not really worth building around. Lopunny less so but I'd rather just use kang.

However now I have more time I'll give them both anoyher go.

Last edited:
Well, in a hopeful spirit , i'll request a team around Sylveon + heatran. they do great offensivly, even if people generally use megagardevoir when aiming for this kind of destuction. But hey, keeps the mega slot open

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I'd like to request a team with Infernape, preferably in a F/W/G that also includes Gyarados and Ferrothorn, although I'm not overly attached to either of those last two. I've been trying to build it and coming up blank. Thanks!

Feel free to change anything, this is just a template I thought was a good starting point.

Infernape @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
EVs: ?
? Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Two of WoW / Protect / Close Combat

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant / Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Protect hi, this is my request for mgarde, i asked space to dismiss my lopunny request bc lop is less cool, this garde spread lives aegislash flash cannon + shadow ball ;0, it could probably be more efficient but w/e
Conveniently I built a team around this just a few days ago:
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Tri Attack
- Recover

Scrafty @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Iron Head / Poison Jab

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
Somehow the only replay I have of it in use: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-83158
I built this team specifically to play Disenchanted for Other Tier Series playoffs.

It's a full TR team capable of decimating most offensive builds (as TR often can). Against other TR teams which are most often slower, Porygon2, and Gardevoir to some extent, are easily bulky enough to flip it back. Pretty standard Scrafty Fake Out + Knock Off combo, which helps make the opposing CM Cresselia matchup tolerable. It's slower than opposing Sylveon so under TR it can Iron Head / Poison Jab for big damage, but know that it won't OHKO. Iron Head is preferred to also get the cheese flinch if needed, while Poison Jab helps the Azumarill matchup, not that it's too awful as is. Gardevoir is your set with modified EVs; these ones live Talonflame's LO Brave Bird. Aegislash is well covered by every other mon already. Porygon2 was given Thunderbolt to decimate Taunt Gyarados. Ice Beam is the more standard choice, but Tri Attack can also be used to hit a few important targets harder, such as Mega Camerupt and Mega Kangaskhan (hello 36% chance at statusing Mega Kanga if you trace PBond). Now I doubled back and wanted to cover some important mons. Heatran's steel type pairs naturally with Mega Gardevoir and gives me a great way to beat opposing Heatrans under TR... though it loses entirely outside of it. Be careful. I gave it Safety Goggles both to be an excellent sun counter and to beat Amoonguss while under TR. Talonflame now comes in with its powerful priority and therefore ability to be an emergency button against countless mons after some chip, as well as check both rain and sun. I chose max speed to do no worse than tie with other Talonflame and also to outrun Mega Metagross who can be a biiig threat to this team and decimate it with Flare Blitz. Quick Guard stops so much it's not even funny. Finally, a Breloom. I obviously thought about Amoonguss but it was too passive for this team and made it far too weak to Sub Heatran. Breloom on the other hand has actual offensive pressure and can also help check Mega Kangaskhan from chip damage, while also keeping a rare Sand team scared. The speed may look odd, but I wanted something other than Talonflame to outrun and beat a Sylveon outside of TR. Many of Breloom's targets, especially Rotom-W typically EV to outrun neutral 70s (i.e. Bisharp) anyway, so Breloom will still often be able to Bullet Seed Rotom-W before a Willowisp comes in under TR.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm building a team for you Arcticblast so now you build a team for me :o

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Earth Power

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave / Overheat
- Superpower
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I have no idea if these sets are good, but I saw it in the Good Cores thread and I love both of these mons. I like the idea of Blaziken beating the stuff that would check Diancie, but there's a pretty big weakness to water types. Anyway, help a bro get into DOU, ty n_n

I have an other EV spread that I think is better for Blaziken. (No importable because on phone rn) 60 attack with a life orb guarantees the OHKO on 252 HP Kang with Superpower, and 208+ speed lets it creep adamant Landot by 1 so it can OHKO with HP ice. Just throw the remaining EVs into SpA to give it some good KO power. I personally prefer to run Heat Wave because you can use it repeatedly, but Overheat is an option too. Hope this helps.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Silverwhiteblue

Kangaskhan (Kangaskhan-Mega) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Detect
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Helping Hand

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 40 SpA / 80 SpD / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Snarl
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Safeguard

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

While I was originally going to build semi-Trick Room with Jellicent, I couldn't come up with anything I really liked, because everything felt vulnerable to Landorus-T. So I switched to Tailwind with Suicune. Kanga/Sylv/Heatran seemed like a really strong combination that covers its own weaknesses and a whole bunch of the meta, but Wide Guard Aegislash was a pain in the neck, so I decided to use Helping Hand on Sylveon and Flamethrower on Heatran to knock out an unsuspecting Aegislash. Latios was picked mostly for its defensive typing (lol defensive typing on an LO attacker) but also provides a massive nuke with Draco Meteor and hits Amoonguss. I elected to use Safeguard on Latios instead of another option; I felt all of Latios's coverage options were more or less filled by other team members, and double Tailwind isn't necessary. Safeguard makes you less likely to lose to Thundurus and Amoonguss hijinks as well, and makes Swagger teams sad. Lando-T in the last slot because lol why not right

-----------------------------------------------------

Halcyon.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 60 Atk / 204 SpA / 244 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Superpower
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Diancie + Blaziken is a fantastic offensive combo, but they're both squishy and share a couple common weaknesses. Gyarados helps here, providing Intimidate and taking reduced damage from Water/Ground, and also giving you a better chance against opposing speed control with Thunder Wave and Taunt. Amoonguss seemed pretty good in the next slot, bringing redirection, Spore, and a fuck ton of bulk to take a few hits with. Aegislash fell into place pretty easily, since it works very well with Diancie and is just a generally good Pokemon. Wide Guard support never hurt anyone! In the last slot I wanted something fast but that also had certain resistances (particularly another Fire resist), so I went with Scarf Hydreigon. Not my favorite set, but I feel like it works here; it also OHKOs Hasty Hoopa-U with U-turn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)