Doubles OU Teambuilding Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Many thanks for the team. I've overall had success with it, but I notice when I lose it is because my Mamoswine is the only physical attacker and he'll die before their Calm Mind POS starts building. Might you have a suggestion to include more physical? Could I switch Shadow Ball for Shadow Sneak or is it really underwhelming? Or is there another suggested alternative?
I've had this on my mind since pretty much the moment you posted it, and I'm not totally sure how to fix the CM Cress problem. As it stands, the team really needs Greninja/Aegislash to pressure it early and prevent it from racking up too many Calm Mind boosts. A potential solution would be to switch to a Life Orb Aegislash with King's Shield / Shadow Sneak / Flash Cannon / Shadow Claw (using 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 SpA with a Brave nature), but then you lose Wide Guard support and a lot of Aegislash's longevity (it was added to the team primarily for its defensive ability). You could just replace Shadow Ball with Shadow Claw on the original set, but Shadow Claw is kind of weak without a boost :\

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've had this on my mind since pretty much the moment you posted it, and I'm not totally sure how to fix the CM Cress problem. As it stands, the team really needs Greninja/Aegislash to pressure it early and prevent it from racking up too many Calm Mind boosts. A potential solution would be to switch to a Life Orb Aegislash with King's Shield / Shadow Sneak / Flash Cannon / Shadow Claw (using 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 SpA with a Brave nature), but then you lose Wide Guard support and a lot of Aegislash's longevity (it was added to the team primarily for its defensive ability). You could just replace Shadow Ball with Shadow Claw on the original set, but Shadow Claw is kind of weak without a boost :\
If CM Cress is really /that/ big of a deal for the team, here are a few possible creative solutions:
Haze or Taunt (or even Snatch or Spite lol) on Greninja
Leech Seed on Sceptile
Psych Up on Cresselia
Toxic on anything

Single moveslot switches on other mons can help a ton without needing to make Aegislash so much less useful than it should be.

Laurel

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Plus
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Electric Terrain

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 56 SpA / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- Trick Room

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 132 Def / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

When you mentioned Mega Ampharos and said you'd like Trick Room I was like "FUCK YEAH AMPHY TR" and slapped on a Specs Politoed for a really powerful TR offense duo. From there was the obvious Cresselia, but here I was beginning to worry about Amoonguss. I recently started using a team with TR Whimsicott on the Battle Spot ladder (fight me some time) and decided that the extra Water resist would be nice to have on Rain. Encore on a TR setter is really cool because Encore Whimsi forces switches like crazy, which actually gives it the opportunity to set up TR. From there I was like "well this can't really hurt shroom either" so I added Talonflame, which also helps with the mounting Ferrothorn problem, and put a bulky Lando-T in the last slot for insurance and bringing in Ampharos safely. Watch out for Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir.

also you can actually play this meta so let me know if you think of any good changes
Jellicent, Gliscor, Cresselia and Ferrothorn - generally bulky mons - are huge thorns (heh) in the side for this team. Sure, you have one mon that beats them, but... they all just need one mon to be gone to wall you into oblivion.
(Jellicent needs Ampharos gone, Gliscor Politoed, Cresselia Whimsicott and Ferrothorn Talonflame). I'm pretty sure some other very bulky things can provide a problem too.

Talking about bulky stuff, I'd like to see someone else have a take on my favorite Doubles core:
I need a fresh look at things, and while I've seen this pair stalling out a ton of stuff as we speak, I can't get its support to work as it should anymore.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball
- Protect

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP
- Scald
- Free moveslot
- Recover
- Protect

Only HP EV's so which one becomes physically defensive and which one specially, I don't mind. Jellicent has a free moveslot too.
Note that both winconditions are very defensive, and the question is: How to support them so one of them ends up being the last mon standing on the battlefield? How this support is provided, I don't give a damn. I just like to see something I would not think of myself ^ .

Edit: For clearance: I don't want it to turn out into a full stall team, that does not work.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not taking the above team unless nobody else does in 24 hours, but just to respond to the points about Laurel's team:
- Jellicent loses to Ampharos, AKA the win condition. It also can't do a ton to Whimsicott without Ice Beam and is vulnerable to Encore.
- Gliscor loses to Toed and Cress (muh ice beam), probably takes a ton from Dragon Pulse, and is largely useless in Doubles anyway. You will never need to worry about Giscor.
- Cress is a bit of a threat, but Politoed and Lando-T can put enough pressure on it to prevent it from racking up Calm Minds, as does Electric Terrain Thunder from Ampharos. Play aggressively against it.
- Ferro is also a threat and pretty much the main reason for Talon being on the team (the other reason being Amoonguss). If you can catch it on the switch with a Specs Focus Blast from Politoed, you're in luck.

Basically, bulky Pokemon are a threat but lose to good play and boosted Thunders.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I've wanted to try out Volcarona in Doubles for a while, but every time I try to make a team around it, I get stumped on what Pokemon compliment with it. Here's a set I particularly want to try out:

Volcarona @ Coba Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Bug Buzz

To note, with a Coba Berry and 132 HP investment, it's guaranteed to live a hit from a 252+ Life Orb Brave Bird from Talonflame. Though that settles the bird problem, Volcarona is severely allergic to Rock Slide, and a way I can at least try to circumvent that is with this Aegislash set:

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon

Standardish Aegislash WP set with Wide Guard. It's also L.99 because I have huge cojones and I want to slow creep the standard Aegi sets. It'd be really cool if you can make a team around this core. You can also change these sets to what's best for the team, if you feel the need to do so. Thanks

I hope I did this right...

Stratos edit: DIBS
DONE :D

Volcarona @ Charcoal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Quiver Dance

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball

I noticed a while ago that in theory, a strong fire beats almost every single Diancie check, and tbh your team was just a great time to test it out. I changed up the Volcarona set to Fire Blast Charcoal so that I could do things like OHKO Amoonguss at +0, OHKO Aegislash (and dodge gay-ass wide guard) at +0, and OHKO Landorus-T at +1, and generally just be strong as fuck even without a QD. Diancie is diancie.

The main things this core was afraid of were Talon, Skymin, Rain, and Rock move users, which is basically all that the back 4 was meant to cover tbh. I had no intention of using your aegis going in but it happened to work out that wide guard aegis was a good addition to the team anyways so hey :D fuck level 99 though thats some weiner shit, especially since like the entire team does pretty well against aegis.

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It Is Guest

I'd never used Mega Lucario before so I figured I'd give it a go. I started using special Lucario because I wanted to avoid drops / Ferro barbs / Rocky Helmets, went mixed after about 10 games, then just went straight physical because Close Combat's damage output was too good to resist. I had used both Bullet Punch and Sub, both work so it depends on what you prefer. Rock Slide is required on Luc rain because otherwise Charizard Y is a big problem. You can use Stone Edge if you want more damage, but I don't like the miss chance and if you miss you're guna have issues. Also fast Rock Slide lol. I used a bulky Politoed as with hyper offence, I wanted something kinda bulky to switch in to Charizard Y Heat Waves / Fire moves in general. Damp Rock ensures rain is up for as long as possible. Ludicolo is just the standard AV set, nice fake out lead paired with Volt Switch from Thundurus-T. I obviously needed an answer to Charizard Y next, I picked Thundurus-T because rain Thunders and its nice speed to use with a Choice Scarf, aswell as being able to switch-in to Thunder Waves, which gives this team issues. I chose Aegislash as the next member for a bulkier Rock switch-in for Thundurus-T, however this meant I was getting weak to Charizard Y so I went for a Wide Guard / Weakness Policy Aegislash to ease pressure from Lucario's weakness to EQ / Heat Wave.

It was at this point that Stratos told me the team was almost fucking identical to Darkmalice's Mega Luc rain team, which I had yet to see until Stratos linked me a replay this afternoon (sorry man, not intentional). He used Landorus-T, and I see why because Intimidate would help this team greatly. I had considered Scrafty for dual Fake Out support and some Initimdate, but Thundy or Luc can't switch into Brave Birds very well (possible 2HKO on Thundy-T), and I didn't want Talonflame annoying me more than it did.

I tried Hydreigon, Gyarados and Togekiss in the last slot before settling on Talonflame. I used Taunt as Amoonguss was an issue and I wanted to be able to stop Spore if I wasn't able to OHKO. Pretty much a standard team overall, watch out for Mega Mawile, Sylveon, Talonflame and hax.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Substitute
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- Protect

Politoed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Helping Hand
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Protect

Last edited:
I need help making a team around my Serperior

Serperior @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Thanks!

Hello. I've grown to love Trick Room because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :P
I've appreciate somebody building a Mega Camerupt Trick Room team, preferably Full TR.
Uh, I'm bad with EVs, but I guess this is my set:
Leader (Camerupt) (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Ancient Power

SpaceBass

I was going to reserve Aasgier's request for Jellicent and Ferrothorn, but I forgot, I made a first draft a couple of days ago which I will want to tweak and test more, and the team also already included Mega Camerupt which is what PoliLoco wanted, so I could probably meet both requests in one team if that's OK with them.

I quite want to build one / both of these, however I'm away until probably Tuesday for some friends birthdays, so if the people making the requests want it done faster than that, one of the other builders can steal it from me.

I was going to reserve Aasgier's request for Jellicent and Ferrothorn, but I forgot, I made a first draft a couple of days ago which I will want to tweak and test more, and the team also already included Mega Camerupt which is what PoliLoco wanted, so I could probably meet both requests in one team if that's OK with them.

I quite want to build one / both of these, however I'm away until probably Tuesday for some friends birthdays, so if the people making the requests want it done faster than that, one of the other builders can steal it from me.
I don't mind; as I said, I'd like to see something that I would not think of myself and TR with MegaRupt certainly fits that category.

However, it is worth noting that you should replace Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn, for obvious reasons :p

Tuesday is fine; that's actually pretty fast. I'm not a fan of Ferrothorn, but I can edit it myself :P
Just do whatever you think is best!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi I'd like to request a team with Mega Charizard Y and Tailwind non mega Scizor

Here's a good Scizor set:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: whatever idk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Tailwind
- Bug Bite / support
- Protect / support

Reasons why to take this seriously:

Scizor slams Mega Diancie and Rock-types in general before they threaten Zard

Tailwind + Sun is just generally good

Good type synergy, as Scizor can beat most threatening Dragons (Lati@s, Kyu-B)

An excuse to use Scizor should always be taken advantage of

Will definitely need more Landorus-T / Heatran / Speed control checks than usual, however

Obviously, incorporating Sun + Tailwind into the team's strategy.

I remember Stratos had like 2% interest in the core so idk maybe she'd want to take a shot at it !!!

stratos edit: im a dude

Last edited by a moderator:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So I've been a huge fan of Mega Lucario ever since its release but I've never been able to make it work in a team. I'd like a Tailwind offense team with Volcarona as the setter, since it works pretty well with Mega Luke due to Rage Powder redirecting Fighting-type moves and Luke being able to check Rock-types. Also because I've never used support Volcarona before and I'd like to try it. I know there was a Mega Luke team that was built not too long ago so sorry about the repetition.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Close Combat
- Substitute (this can be changed if needed)
- Protect

Volcarona @ Whatever Works
EVs: Whatever Works
- Tailwind
- Rage Powder
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz (this can be changed if needed)

Thanks in advance :)

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
<TOTEM> Stratos
<TOTEM> is it ok
<TOTEM> if i post a team for the latest request
<TOTEM> in the shop
<Stratos> y

DaAwesomeDude1, sup.

EDIT: Didn't even notice till just now you wanted twind on volc, I didn't give it that but you could potentially use it over Bug Buzz, note that doing so makes CM Cress take a big fat poo all over the team and that isnt good considering how popular cm cress is atm.

This is similar to a team i made in the past using MMeta over MLucario, I shuffled some stuff around to make it work better for Lucario but for the most part it's the same and should work p well.

Team:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 172 Atk / 80 SpA / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 224 HP / 76 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 88 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

EV / Move explanations
Lucario: Enough speed to beat max base 111s literally nothing other than itself is 112 and it's not common enough to justify a tie, Attack KOs something relevant at -1 but i forgot what it was :^) You might want to go Rock Slide > Substitute because the sun matchup is tricky.
Landorus-T: Beats max Mega Manectric and underspeeds a lot of other Lando-T this lets you get the second U-turn and have more momentum than them. Stone Edge > Rock Slide is personal preference.
Volcarona: Outspeeds Breloom, OHKOs standard Amoonguss with Overheat, rest in bulk. Overheat > Heat Wave becauseHeat Wave does pitiful damage.
Kyurem-B: Outspeed Breloom. Roost is cheeky and unexpected and compliments Kyurem's good bulk + you already have Sub on MLucario
Rotom-W: Old spread is overrated, who uses Rotom-W to check zard lol. This one takes 3 Diamond Storms from MDiancie and two Giga Drains from Amoonguss. TWave > WoW since Flame Body Volcarona makes it somewhat redundant.
Hydreigon: Standard EVs. Chose Tailwind because the team is suitably bulky to handle TR and has no other real speed control bar TWave on rotom, team also has good coverage so more wasnt needed.

If you find sun p much an autolose consider running Lum Berry Volcarona or Safety Goggles + Fire Blast on Hydreigon over Tailwind.

Last edited:

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
If CM Cress is really /that/ big of a deal for the team, here are a few possible creative solutions:
Haze or Taunt (or even Snatch or Spite lol) on Greninja
Leech Seed on Sceptile
Psych Up on Cresselia
Toxic on anything

Single moveslot switches on other mons can help a ton without needing to make Aegislash so much less useful than it should be.

Anything bulky with CM just shits on me, not necessarily Cresselia. Wide Guard is too amazing to pass up, what with Quake, Heatwave, Hyper Voice and Hurricane everywhere.

SpaceBass

Aasgier & PoliLoco

Ferrothorn is the standard set, Leech Seed works incredibly well on this team paired with Leftovers, and is a great deterrent to Calm Mind Cresselia setting up, a big threat to Trick Room. For Jellicent, I went with Hydro Pump / Will-o-Wisp as Jelli is pretty weak offensively, and fishing for Scald burns is lame. I wanted to be able to burn reliably, as well as up my damage output a little. Jelli can switch in reliably to Fighting / Fire for Ferrothorn and has Water Absorb to switch in and gain some health from Water moves aimed at the next member, Mega Camerupt. Camel is the normal set, opting for Ancient Power to help the teams match-ups against Charizard-Y and Talonflame. At this point I decided to go full Trick Room as those 3 aren't out-speeding much. I wanted Fake Out support and some Intimidate, and while I did try Hitmontop for Wide Guard to protect Camel and Ferro from EQs / Heat Waves, it killed my momentum and didn't offer enough power to warrant keeping it. I went for Scrafty and chose a Life Orb offensive set-up to try and make up for its kinda low attack stat. I settled on Stone Edge as the 4th move to help more vs Zard-Y, however feel free to try out the team and decide on whether Ice Punch / Poison Jab / Protect fits better for you. I needed a second Trick Room setter, and I wanted a Ground immunity so obviously I had to go with Calm Mind Cresselia. Ferrothorn works well with CM Cress as if they decide to focus on taking Cress down, Ferro can get some free Leech Seeds off and force some switches. Goggles was to have dual Spore immunity which imo is essential for full Trick Room teams. For the last slot I wanted some power and priority, so I went for Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr. Mach punch can take some damage off to put something in range of a KO from Camel, or finish off something that just survived, and Hammer Arm with LO and Iron Fist boost hits really hard.

Pretty basic full Trick Room team, I had fun playing with the team and will probably continue using it. Watch out for Charizard-Y, Talonflame and Sylveon.

EDIT: I changed Conk to the standard 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA Sylveon, and the team performs much better.

Also while I'm here I'd like to reserve Electrolyte's request for the Zard Y / Non Mega Scizor team if thats cool mang?

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 212 HP / 140 Def / 108 SpA / 48 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge / Poison Jab / Ice Punch / Protect

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
Interesting. Looks great. Thanks!

I don't know how much Jellicent's and Ferrothorn's reduced bulk will hinder me, but I'll see soon enough I guess. I'll give these sets a try at the very least.
Also, I run Conkeldurr often myself with this pair, because it is stupidly effective, though I find this set to be huge Will-O-Wisp bait.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

It was at this point that Stratos told me the team was almost fucking identical to
Darkmalice's Mega Luc rain team, which I had yet to see until Stratos linked me a replay this afternoon (sorry man, not intentional). He used Landorus-T, and I see why because Intimidate would help this team greatly. I had considered Scrafty for dual Fake Out support and some Initimdate, but Thundy or Luc can't switch into Brave Birds very well (possible 2HKO on Thundy-T), and I didn't want Talonflame annoying me more than it did.
I may as well add my own Mega Luke team here as well. I've bolded my differences to SpaceBass' team. No problem at all that you made a team very similar to mine SpaceBass :)

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Substitute

- Protect

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Helping Hand
- Encore
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Aegislash @ Safety Googles
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Spces
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Flying
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

I used Lando-T for a few reasons. 1 is Intimidate. As SB already stated it's very helpful, making Politoed's bulk actually respectable, letting Ludicolo survive a physical hit, and helping with physical powerhouses in general. 2 is it's ability to check Zard Y and Talonflame, who would otherwise be problematic. 3 is U-turn and Volt Switch core which gels well with Politoed for weather wars, as well as brining in Ludicolo/Aegislash to absorb Spore. 4 is Lando-T/Thund-T make a strong lead combo. 5 is another Electric-type immunity, which is handy to absorb Electric-type attacks aimed at Ludicolo and TWave aimed at Ludicolo or Mega Luke.

Mega Lucario has Iron Tail mainly because Bullet Punch isn't that useful on this team, as Lando-T and Ludicolo provide speed for the team, and I didn't want to lose power on Close Combat, easily it's most important move, by going special. Iron Tail also gave power when CC was resisted (and a lot does), and it actually gives me a Pokemon on the team that can OHKO Sylveon. However, it could be changed to Bullet Punch or Flash Cannon, as it's not overly important to the team. CC always OHKOes Mega Diancie in case you're concerned about a crucial miss against it; otherwise I would not have used it. As Lando-T provided Rock Slide, I felt Sub was the best choice for the 3rd slot - it was more of a "this is the most helpful move' rather than "I need this move." Stratos deserves credit for the recommendation of Iron Tail on Lucario. Really I would like a move that deals with Aegislash, but Crunch and Dark Pulse don't do enough to warrant their use.

Given that Lando-T has Scarf, Scarf on Thund-T was unnecessary, so I chose Specs for raw power. It also remedies Talonflame's role on SpaceBass' team to some extent, providing that very handy Flying-type attack to cover bulky fighting-types, Amoonguss, and Mega Ven. The power is also helpful for smashing bulky mons like Cress and nabbing OHKOes like on Mega Mawile and even Mega Kang with Focus Blast.

Safety Googles on Aegislash was required, as the only Pokemon that can majorly dent Amoonguss is Thund-T, but it doesn't OHKO. Therefore I needed two Pokemon that could switch into Spore to ensure I can comfortable manage Amoonguss, and it makes things easier against Breloom too.

Sitrus Berry on Politoed over Damp Rock are minor choices on the team and largely personal. Much like the second move for Mega Lucario, they can be changed with little importance. Same for Modest vs Quiet Aegislash. Encore, however, is very helpful against opposing Aegislash. This team has no direct answer to Aegislash; I deal with it by having 5 of my Pokemon being able to at least do something to it instead. Lando-T has EQ (yes Aeg has Wide Guard and Weakness Policy), but it makes it more predictable), Ludicolo and Thund-T can 2HKO in the rain, Aeg vs Aeg, and Politoed, with Encore, can really screw around with Aeg - can force it to keep on using KS or Wide Guard, or keeps it in blade form.

Replays of team in action from the Seasonal Tournament:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-214633425
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-215644579

It Is Guest

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'd like to request a team with Mega Charizard Y and Tailwind non mega Scizor

Here's a good Scizor set:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: whatever idk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Tailwind
- Bug Bite / support
- Protect / support

Reasons why to take this seriously:

Scizor slams Mega Diancie and Rock-types in general before they threaten Zard

Tailwind + Sun is just generally good

Good type synergy, as Scizor can beat most threatening Dragons (Lati@s, Kyu-B)

An excuse to use Scizor should always be taken advantage of

Will definitely need more Landorus-T / Heatran / Speed control checks than usual, however

Obviously, incorporating Sun + Tailwind into the team's strategy.

I remember Stratos had like 2% interest in the core so idk maybe she'd want to take a shot at it !!!

stratos edit: im a dude
[MY BAD SPACE DIBSED IT]

Last edited:

SpaceBass

Interesting. Looks great. Thanks!

I don't know how much Jellicent's and Ferrothorn's reduced bulk will hinder me, but I'll see soon enough I guess. I'll give these sets a try at the very least.
Also, I run Conkeldurr often myself with this pair, because it is stupidly effective, though I find this set to be huge Will-O-Wisp bait.
If you find you're being burnt too much, an alternative Conk set up could be

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch / Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

This gives you a switch-in to burns and I guess it helps the teams special bulk out somewhat, but it doesn't hit as hard as the LO Iron Fist variant until after its burnt so be careful of the change in damage output. I was using the LO set because I wanted Mach Punch to have maximum effect on things before they took a Camel Heat Wave, but I think Guts would fit just as well. Remember Jellicent has Will-o-Wisp so if you need a power boost, burn yourself if you find the opportunity.

Last edited:
Darkmalice and anyone else using thundurus t.

Unless you desperately want to speed tie with other thundy t, use 248+ speed. It hits 330 speed while positive base 100s hit 328, but you still get an extra 4 evs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)