Doubles Ladder Tournament [Won by SamVGC]

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Playoffs: FINALS

Our top 2 are left standing! Let's take a look back at their path to the finals:

Yoda2798 qualified in the second week of the laddering phase with an Elo rating of 1760, placing him in the 8th seed for the playoffs stage. He survived the huge wave of upsets in the Top 16, beating out DaAwesomeDude1 and then 16th seed Gros orteil, who was himself fresh out of his surprise victory over top seed franiastar. Yoda then went on to take out a big name in the semifinals, eliminating Seasonal winner Dawgie in a surprising set which culminated in a highly conclusive third game. Fresh out of this surprising upset, will Yoda be able to ride his momentum to take a digit-filled name to the top of a tournament? Only time will tell!

SamVGC got into the playoffs in the last window of opportunity, qualifying with an Elo rating of 1732, which placed him as the 15th seed for the playoffs. In an upset of sorts, he defeated second seed miltankmilk and followed that up with a victory in the Top 8 over seventh seed Mishimono. In the semifinals Sam went on to take a win over 11th seed Stax, who was something of a crowd favourite, cementing his place in the finals. As another player who could be considered to have caused a few upsets in his journey to the finals, could Sam perhaps keep the steam going to win a DOU tournament with a '-VGC' name? Maybe he'll even change his name to SamDOU if he does...

Pairings: Playoffs Finals
08/ Yoda2798 vs 15/ SamVGC

Matches may now commence; the format for the playoffs is best-of-three single elimination. Users are allowed to change teams in between individual battles.

LINK YOUR REPLAYS // SWAGGER IS BANNED

Since this is the finals, I don't think it's necessary to set a hard deadline for this set, especially with Worlds coming up (which I know Sam is involved in). Just get the matches done sometime; all the best to both our finalists!

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
And with that, the tournament is over! All prizes have been distributed (to the best of my knowledge), and the OP and Doubles Room roomintro have been updated. I'd like to first express my gratitude to everyone who participated in this tournament for making it a success, not only for "adding to the numbers" but also for showing great sportsmanship and in the playoffs stage, for not johning or passing deadlines. Thank you all! Finally, congratulations to SamVGC for taking home the top spot; with that, the Doubles Ladder Tournament is concluded, see you next year! (maybe?)

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
And with that, the tournament is over! All prizes have been distributed (to the best of my knowledge), and the OP and Doubles Room roomintro have been updated. I'd like to first express my gratitude to everyone who participated in this tournament for making it a success, not only for "adding to the numbers" but also for showing great sportsmanship and in the playoffs stage, for not johning or passing deadlines. Thank you all! Finally, congratulations to SamVGC for taking home the top spot; with that, the Doubles Ladder Tournament is concluded, see you next year! (maybe?)
oh gawd no pls not again ;---;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)