ORAS Doubles OU Doubles GeoPass :D

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, here I am with my last RMT ever. I don't think there is any other tier where I can still put my efforts in, and my time on Smogon is almost over too. I never played Doubles way too often, but I had always wanted to make GeoPass work in there too. I simply love the move Geomancy and Smeargle, and Espeon with +2SpA +2SpD +2Spe +3Def with Stored Power looks so cute and awesome. After some test games on the ladder (which is even more cancerous than the OU ladder) and joining some Seasonals and other small tourneys (failing miserably in all of them), I've been slowly improving this team. The best way I found to make GeoPass work is by abusing the move Follow Me. I noticed I couldn't rely on Rage Powder since threats such as Amoonguss simply do not care about it, screwing up with my strategy (ShakeitUp destroyed me once because of that), so I needed at least one Follow me user with Safety Goggles. Because Follow me doesn't work against Earthquake and Heat Wave, I realized I needed Screens + Tailwind support, so Smeargle would be speedy even without any boost, allowing me to set up before my opponent strikes it. So that's the concept: set up screens + Tailwind and then start boosting with Smeargle while abusing Follow Me support. Looks pretty simple huh? If this team is good or not, I don't care. I must say that I had tons of fun spamming it in these tours just to see people's reactions. I hope you also have fun if you use it :]​

Azelf @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP | 8 Def | 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, - SpA)
Reflect | Light Screen | Protect | Explosion

Whimsicott @

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP | 8 Def | 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Tailwind | Protect | Taunt | Memento

These two are old friends of mine, being part of the original GeoPass team. I think they are very good at what they do, and there aren't any other Pokemon able to perform their job better than them. Whimsicott and Azelf are the mons which will always be leading the match. Azelf was my first choice as a Dual Screener mainly because of Explosion, so trying to stall out the duration of my screens is not going to work, otherwise I would pick Deoxys-S because of its much better stats. Whimsicott has priority Taunt, which is amazing against opposing Taunt Thundurus and any other stuff trying to either set up with boosting moves or annoy by spreading status. Both are using Protect so Fake Out strategies won't work (like Kangaskhan flinching Azelf and Bisharp knocking it off after). Memento is here so it is possible to cancel a Power-up Punch boost from Kangaskhan and it fits nicely with Azelf's Explosion, so the next pairing of mons is brought in safely.

Smeargle @

Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Def | 40 SpD | 216 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Geomancy | Cotton Guard | Spore | Baton Pass

Jirachi @

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP | 136 Def | 120 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Follow Me | Protect | Iron Head | Thunder Wave

Jirachi is an amazing Follow Me user. It is incredibly bulky and it has an amazing match up against Kangaskhan, Breloom, Amoonguss, Sylveon and many other mons. It absorbs Spore and it tanks every single priority move very nicely. Iron Head hurts Sylveon, and under Tailwind support it can help against others multi-target attackers such as a combination of Charizard-Y + Landorus-T, as Jirachi will be faster, being able to flinch at least one of them (not a very reliable method, but at least gives this team a chance to beat what would be otherwise a glaring issue). Follow me + Spore shuts Prankster Taunt users down too, which is amazing. It is focused on the physically defensive side mainly because of Kangaskhan and Talonflame, but I don't know if there is a better spread, and I also never use Thunder Wave, but there isn't any better option anyway. Smeargle is using the old spread, and it works just fine. I love it with my heart and soul.

Espeon @

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 200 HP | 252 Def | 56 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Stored Power | Dazzling Gleam | Substitute | Morning Sun

Clefable @

Ability: Unaware
EVs: 216 HP | 236 Def | 16 SpD | 40 Spe
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Follow Me | Moonlight | Moonblast | Psych Up

Espeon, Geomancy and Cotton Guard, the recipe for awesomeness. Clefable should be copying Espeon's boosts asap, so it can spam Follow Me with more durability or even helping Espeon on the sweeping duty. Sometimes Clefable is sent before Jirachi depending on the match up (if my opponent has Hoopa, Belly Drum Azumarill and some other stuff), but this should be avoided. Clefable is meant to be Espeon's partner most of the time. +2 Clefable with 40 Spe EVs is enough for fully invested base 100 (Kangaskhan and Char-Y being the most relevant threats).

THREAT LIST

Taunt user with Safety Goggles: fuck whoever had this idea...........................
Hoopa: sigh Hyperspace Hole means this team will usually be playing with a single screen, so Clefable will be forced to be brought in before Jirachi.
Perish Song:
Spore and Follow me are not effective ways to deal with it, unfortunately.

:heart: Ladder stuff: Beat Up + Terrakion with Rock Slide, Trick Room + Specs Water Spout Octillery in rain, Focus Energy + Muddy Water Kingdra in rain, Charizard-Y + Eruption Typhlosion, Taunt Whimsicott (it is immune to Spore sigh), Discharge + Lightning Rod etc.

OTHER OPTIONS

Why Espeon, and not any other sweeper (since this team doesn't even has a Mega :O)? Espeon has excellent Speed, Special Attack and has a decent Special Defense, so if I invest in Defense I won't feel I'm frail on the physical side after a Cotton Guard boost, Espeon also has Magic Bounce, Stored Power and recovery in Morning Sun + Leftovers. Is there any other Pokemon out there capable of abusing these boosts better than Espeon???

Taunt > Spore Smeargle: can surprise opponents who brings a Taunt user immune to Spore, and it is also much better against Perish Song Mega Gengar.

I always wanted to have Leftovers on Clefable, but I'm still not sure if Sitrus is better on it.

Clefairy > Clefable

REPLAYS

IMPORTABLE

http://pastebin.com/3230bDTH

Using this team in tournaments

Yeah don't stress yourself on the ladder, because this team works way better on tournaments, even if your skill level is superior than that of the guys you may find on the ladder. Actually, Get Backer and I used this team to get reqs for the Shaymin-S suspect test, but my w/l ratio wasn't very good to be honest (pretty surprised to see him with a better ratio than me LOL). Most of the official doubles matches are BO3, so I recommend you to have at least another well tested regular team, otherwise your opponent will make a small change on his/her team to ensure that he/she will not be losing to it anymore (like Realistic Waters did to me in the Doubles Open after he lost in G1, but since I had another team for the 3rd match, I managed to win the round). This GeoPass team is extremely fun to use and it does win matches! But be sure to feel comfortable with it, otherwise it is not worth even trying. Have fun!

I would love to hear what you guys think about this team and if there is any way to improve it! :D

Last edited:
hey denis! nice rmt! Im just going to inform you that your mega gengar sprite is corrupt. This is only visable on mobile. Find another one and see if it works! This usually happens when you copy and paste an image straight from google images.

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Would probably recommend Clefairy > Clefable since Friend Guard helps Smeargle set up much better if that's a situation that ever comes up. It's a little weaker but Moonblast is mainly hitting things super effectively anyways so it should not be a problem. Your set works just fine on Clefairy.
Looks interesting, but the main reason why I'm using Clefable is the combination of Unaware and Psych Up. If I use Clefairy instead, I think Belly Drum Azumarill (and many other mons with boosting moves) could be an issue then. I also enjoy how Clefable is also pretty strong once it copies Espeon's boosts, so it can help me sweeping the opposing side (being able to win against CM Cresselia helps me a lot too), As I said before, if I face a combination of Pokemon with multi-target attacks, Jirachi can still flinch one of them (considering Tailwind is still on play), so Smeargle can either boost or put the opposing Pokemon to sleep (honestly I prefer boosting because Sleep is unreliable).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)