SM OU Double Mop Up

Hey guys, was hoping for some suggestions to better improve my team either by other moves or another pokemon. The team is definitely strong, but I have a problem with a lot of common pokemon in the meta.

The Team:

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Ditto is great as a revenge killer and one of the pokemon I use to mop up with. Pokemon set up in your face? Now you have a faster one to sweep them with. He also works as a stall Heatran switch in because of my teams lack of a good switch in. The EVs are the standard, gives him HP Ice, although I have sometimes wanted HP ground or fire. I have never thought to myself that I wish this ditto was anything else either, he definitely pulls his weight and won me a lot of otherwise unwinnable games.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Dragonite is my second pokemon I use to mop up with thanks to his powerful Extreme Speed. Fire Punch is for Ferrothorn and Scizor mainly, while Earthquake is for Toxapex and Heatran, two pokemon that give this team a hard time. Outrage is kind of filler, but if the steel/fairy pokemon are gone or in the former case weakened, it is a powerful attack. Item was Choice Band which was nice cause it killed Hawlucha with Extreme Speed after rocks but the flexibility of Life Orb has helped more than the extra power. The item and last spot are definitely flexible, and I'm open to suggestions.

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Greninja is my main way to deal with Fairy Pokemon and in general just a fast pokemon I can volt switch in to and pressure a switch. Spikes goes perfectly with that, and has the added benefit of making him a ground type if I anticipate a volt switch from pokemon like magearna and rotom although it usually doesn't work more than once. I find myself using Fightium Z mainly for Ferrothorn and Heatran if I am able to volt into him. Toxic Spikes would probably give more value, I'm down for suggestions.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus is a good switch in to physically offensive threats, and can then defog as the pokemon switches. I chose him for his intimidate, as well as a strong earthquake. Hidden power ice is so I can beat opposing Landorus and Gliscor, while stone edge is to put some damage on zapdos and volcarona. I think full attack Lando can be worth using since I do have problems with Toxapex. Moveset could be adjusted if a good ferrothorn replacement is suggested.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Focus Blast

Magearna is my go to switch in for Greninja and other special attackers. Iron Head is to hit Calm Mind users like Clefairy who would otherwise win even if I brought in Ditto. Lack of Recovery defintely hurts, and Fleur Cannon more often than not doesn't do anything for me, but Magearna is a strong pokemon who above all offers a slow volt switch so I can bring in my other frail pokemon without taking a hit. Magearna does struggle with doing meaningful damage to Toxapex as well.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

My punisher to contact attackers and a general nuisance as well, Ferrothorn is the latest addition to the team. I wanted a tanky pokemon who could set up stealth rocks. Although he fits the criteria he is usually pretty underwhelming because he switches into a lot of scalds which can hinder him greatly. This pokemon is the most replaceable and I am most open to suggestions about possible replacements. A defogger could work in this position as well cause Landorus can run the rocks.

Pokemon I struggle with:

Team doesn't have a real good switch because everyone who can threaten it can get burned.

Hawlucha is annoying because ditto is still slower than it because of Unburden

Nothing on my team really enjoys taking either of his stab moves and if ditto comes in for a revenge, only shadow ball really kills, while they normally have a resist for it on their team

Lack of status moves on my team as well as constant knock offs make this mon annoying to deal with too if it runs HP Fire

---
Anyways, that's the team! Any help for suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to look at my team!

Hi there! I have some ideas that could help you to better handle the threats you mentioned, you're teams looking pretty solid right now.

- (Greninja) Fightinium Z -> Groundium Z
I suggest you trade Low Kick for Dig, as Low Kick is only really good for Ferrothorn, and then the standard phyically defensive variant is only 2HKOd without hax, meaning you rack up considerable Barbs/ Rocky Helmet damage, which Greninja hates. The 160 BP Tectonic rage also helps you get past Toxapex with some chip, for example after one switch into Stealth Rock:

252 Atk Protean Greninja Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 290-344 (95.3 - 113.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

It only helps that Toxapex always runs Sp.Def.

- Against Hawlucha, you should try to switch into Lando to intimidate them. Then U-turn into Magearna. If they SD, Fleur cannon them, if they don't, you basically tank anything (although -1 HJK still hurts).

- Now for your Dragonite. Late game cleaner Dragonite much prefers DDance to bust throught fat mons that are left like toxapex (watch out for Scald). It is also much better early game as a wallbreaker.

- While ditto may be an important part of the team, I reccomend changing it to Sp.Def Heatran. This gives you a check to Blace, Tangrowth (although you get worn down by leech seed and you should remove its AV beforehand), and opposing Heatran.

As for the set, I reccomend teh olde standard:

Heatran Lefties
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Sp.Def / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock

Well, there's my two and a half cents on the team, hope I helped!

737373elj

Banned deucer.
opposing Heatran.
Rule of OU: Heatran never counters Heatran.
And Ditto Imposter will copy Heatran. If it has Earth Power, it can kill Blacephalon. And Tangrowth without Earthquake. Ditto Imposter... just send it in against Tran and you get the Heatran. No need to replace it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)