ORAS Doubles OU DOU team hyper priority and offense

(Note Speed is S and Special defense is Spd)

Lead: Weavile Focus sash

Ability:Pressure

Nature: Jolly (Jolly allows weavile to outspeed everything in the metagame under tailwind. Even choice scarf mega aerodactyl although who runs that??)

Evs: 4hp/252A/252S

-Fake Out

-Ice Punch

-Low Kick

-Knock Off

Sometimes i feel like weavile is my ace in the hole. The focus sash has come in clutch so many times especially against opposing talonflame. Also, weavile's ice punch counter's most leads with dragons and landorus-therian ( which is not as popular on the showdown metagame). Knock off also helps to take down psychics and ghosts, particularly cresselia and aegislash. The only problem with weavile is that none of its attacks can reliably hit fairies and it still gets outsped by mega aerodactyl as well as still being OHKOED by mega kangashkan due to parental bond (at least i think it is). Also, Weavile can't really hit fairies. The part i love the most, however, is fake out. Fake out is used on potential rock slide users and it really supports my talonflame (my other lead).

Lead: Talonflame @ Life Orb

Ability: Gale Wings

Nature: Adamant ( This nature was used simply to give talonflame an attack boost)

Evs: 84hp/252A/172S

-Brave Bird

-Flare Blitz

-Roost

-Tailwind

Talonflame works well with weavile to take down its fairy counters. I think it 2HKOES most fairies with either flare blitz or brave bird ( correct me if i am wrong). 84 HP Evs give it more bulk, needed for a pokemon with defensive stats of 78/71/69. Talonflame also gets priority tailwind and priority roost. All in all if there are no lead rock slide users on the other team talonflame does a lot of damage. Of course, if there are other rock slide users my team destroys them.

Kyurem-B @ Life Orb

Ability: Teravolt

Nature: Lonely (This nature was used so Kyurem does not have to waste either of its atk stats or its speed stat to increase its monstrous attack)

Evs: 196A/120S/192 SpA

-Outrage

-Ice Beam

-Earth Power

-Fusion Bolt

Kyurem-B boasts the strongest outrage in the game hitting other dragons and pretty much OHKOING anything that does not resist it. Also, it has a decent SpAtk stat so it can make use of a good stab ice beam and earth power to hit heatran and (the rare) blaziken. Fusion bolt takes care of politoed and azumarill and ice beam, on top of being a very powerful coverage move, is stab therefore allowing it to OHKO lando-t and other common ground types.

Scizor @ Scizorite

Ability : Technician

Nature : Adamant

Evs: 252A/252S/4SpD

-Roost

-Bug Bite

-Bullet Punch

-Brick Break

Scizor kills fairies. End of Story. NAh scizor does have bullet punch which has 80 power with technician and has priority and bug bite has 120 power and eats the opponents’ berry. Useful against belly drum azumarill which is not super effected by bullet punch.

Brick Break counters light screen and reflect klefki even though it is possible to run u-turn and superpower instead of bug bite and brick break this set has given me more wins than the other due to u-turn’s lack of a technician boost.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest

Ability : Iron Fist

Evs:108hp/152A/104def/144Spd

-Mach Punch

-Drain Punch

-Knock Off

-Ice Punch

Conkeldurr beats mega kangashkan with a powerful drain punch and then a mach punch. For me Knock Off and Ice Punch are the best coverage moves as if both of my ice types die i still have this with a surprise ice punch. (Well not really surprising but conkeldurr can learn many other punching moves). Also, I chose iron fist over guts because generally most people don’t run toxic in a doubles metagame

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry

Ability : Huge Power

Evs: 252A/252S/4Hp

-Aqua Jet

-Play Rough

-Belly Drum

-Protect

Put simply Azumarill is my setup sweeper. Belly drum + sitrus berry is a common yet effective combo. Azumarill words well with Dragonite and kyurem who counter both of its checks with earth power, Earthquake and fire blast. Azumarill can proceed to sweep with priority aqua jet after its checks have been removed.

Hello. I saw your team and it happens to have a few holes in it from my point of view.

-The team is a little talonflame weak, as you dont have much to take a bravebird with, or a flareblitz vs scizor, which is why I'd recomend getting talonchecks like zapdos or gyarados

-scizor isnt the best mega in doubles ou, so if you want a steel type, aegislash and mega-metagross, even bisharp are better options, as they handle fairies and give more utility to the team, (wide guard aegi, submetagross, priority bisharp).

-outrage is kinda a bad move in doubles, as you dont pick your target and makes kyurem a burden if they have a steel type or fairy when its locked into it. I'd recomend instead sub kyurem, as its more threatening, even if its a special attacker

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

-protect>roost on talonflame. with double targetting , talon might not have time to pull a recovery with its bad defenses

While weavile isnt exactly unviable, i see many other options that can outclass it , but that will depend on your team's purpose and strategy, so i dont have a sub for it. it can still work tho.

goodluck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)