Dogs

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
What dog breed is the best?
(when it comes to rewarding, being reciprocal , etc)
How much do you receive from a dog, and is it really worth it?

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It really depends on what you are looking for in a dog and how it fits your lifestyle. Some enjoy lazier dogs that can do tricks while others like super active outdoor dogs that keeps you on your toes. You do get a ton out of a dog and it's definitely worth it imo. My mom used to be scared of dogs and getting one was one of the best things we done since it got her over her fear for the most part.

And those eyes though. So cute!

Cresselia~~

It really depends on what you are looking for in a dog and how it fits your lifestyle. Some enjoy lazier dogs that can do tricks while others like super active outdoor dogs that keeps you on your toes. You do get a ton out of a dog and it's definitely worth it imo. My mom used to be scared of dogs and getting one was one of the best things we done since it got her over her fear for the most part.

And those eyes though. So cute!
What exactly do they do, apart from say, being cute/ hunting/ herding sheep?
I don't live where hunting or herding sheep is needed, so I don't know what a dog is for.
People tell me "dogs are man's best friend", but I don't know what they mean. Do they console you when you are sad? (Does that mean you talk to them?)

Are dogs really better than ponies when it comes to being man's best friend? Or is it just because most people can't afford ponies?
I got very close to a pony before, and I loved him a lot, he calms me down even when we don't need to talk.
But I get very scared when I'm near a dog. I hate it when they bark.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
What exactly do they do, apart from say, being cute/ hunting/ herding sheep?
I don't live where hunting or herding sheep is needed, so I don't know what a dog is for.
People tell me "dogs are man's best friend", but I don't know what they mean. Do they console you when you are sad? (Does that mean you talk to them?)

Are dogs really better than ponies when it comes to being man's best friend? Or is it just because most people can't afford ponies?
I got very close to a pony before, and I loved him a lot, he calms me down even when we don't need to talk.
But I get very scared when I'm near a dog. I hate it when they bark.
Dogs provide an indescribable comfort. It's been scientifically proven that dogs respond to emotions very similarly to humans, and interpret crying as whining, so they do console you when you're sad. They provide great company and will love you unconditionally. That's why they're called "Mans Best Friend". This doesn't only apply to dogs though. Really any domesticated animal can provide that same feeling of comfort and love, including ponies. Dogs are just obviously lower matinence and more managible than a pony is, which is why they're more common. That and most people don't have the space for a pony lol. Also chances are if you're scared of dogs, you haven't met the right dog yet. They only bark to either to warn and protect themselves or their "pack" (usually their owners), or as a greeting. They never mean harm in barking unless they growl or bare teeth. The sound can be frightening, but the intention never is.

Sorry I'm such a dog nerd I just love dogs a lot and I really encourage you give them a chance.

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
like typh said it depends on what you want from a dog, really. some dog breeds are better suited to do some tasks than others. livestock guardian breeds are usually large and instinctively protective and are able to blend in with the livestock they protect, which makes them fit for their job. guard dogs are usually large, strong and have loud barks. what breed of dog you want depends on what you want from it.

you're probably just looking for a companion dog if you don't want a dog to do a specific kind of work or task. most companion dogs are small and do well in social environments, so they're suited to being around the house - that's what they were bred to do.

if you are interested in getting a dog, it's important that you get a breed that you know you can manage and that you recognize how much responsibility goes into raising one. most companion breeds are small and non-threatening like terriers, so worrying about barking should be a non-issue if you get the dog as a puppy. some dogs are also naturally quiet.

Cresselia~~

like typh said it depends on what you want from a dog, really. some dog breeds are better suited to do some tasks than others. livestock guardian breeds are usually large and instinctively protective and are able to blend in with the livestock they protect, which makes them fit for their job. guard dogs are usually large, strong and have loud barks. what breed of dog you want depends on what you want from it.

you're probably just looking for a companion dog if you don't want a dog to do a specific kind of work or task. most companion dogs are small and do well in social environments, so they're suited to being around the house - that's what they were bred to do.

if you are interested in getting a dog, it's important that you get a breed that you know you can manage and that you recognize how much responsibility goes into raising one. most companion breeds are small and non-threatening like terriers, so worrying about barking should be a non-issue if you get the dog as a puppy. some dogs are also naturally quiet.
Naturally quiet dogs? I'm interested now.

Cresselia~~

There are tons of them, including the basset hound, calvalier king charles spaniel, pug, french bulldog, and the Basenji, which literally can't bark.
Dogs must be so misunderstood in Asia.
Nearly everyone thinks all dogs are noisy and troublesome.
Lots of guys won't even date girls if they found out the girl has dogs.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dogs are best.

I have a Weimaraner-Lab mix. For those who don't know Weims are German hunting dogs, that are a mixture of a few different breeds. They're known for their silver colouring and for being very, very, very active dogs. Mine doesn't have the body of a Weimaraner though, he has the body of a Lab with the silver colouring and big floppy ears like a Weim would. When we take him places people actually ask if he's a silver lab, we just say yes because it's a hell of a lot easier than trying to say Weimaraner over and over. He's 1 year and a few months now, and we have to take him for 2-3 walks a day or to the dog park just so he's not a giant pain in the ass at night. These dogs are full of energy so if you ever consider getting one be prepared.

(picture is from google but he looked like that when he was a puppy)

I want to say that it's a Pomeranian puppy but not 100% sure. Is it's tail curled up?
Don't really know tbh. This one maybe?

Not sure if that's the same kind of dog, but k.

No good pics of its tail, unfortunately. What I do have is this:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)