Do you start over your games?

Course I do. I makes sure the important Pokemon are safely transferred somewhere else, though. I probably won't start over White 2 for a while. I've been putting a lot of effort into it. This makes it my rerererun.

I've recently got back into doing this after quitting competitive and it's made Omega Ruby much more fun a thousand fold. It's like back when I played Platinum as a kid; there were so many Pokémon in the region I wanted to use so I kept starting over - this feels like that. Not necessarily into doing nuzlockes but I just kick back and have a bit of laid-back fun with a run is all. Looking forward to Z for this due to the fact it'll probably have the same sort of dex as XY...

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not really. I may try to do a speedrun sometime, but after I complete a game a tend to keep whatever file has beaten the game. Since you only get 1 file per mon game, this means I very rarely play the story more than once per cartridge.

Over the course of time, I usually end up with both "versions" of the generations that come out (X and Y, OR and AS, etc). Right now, Y is my big huge storehouse, breeding center, and EV training hub, and remains untouched. However, a recent hobby of mine has been to restart on another game - usually of the latest in the generation - with bred 5 IV and EV trained members of my currently successful or most fun Showdown OU teams. Right now, I just restarted with Treecko, and have bred good Gligar, Marill, and Scyther to add on later. I try and set rules for myself on the playthrough, like I'm not allowed to add the Marill until I could feasibly catch on in-game, and I'm not allowed to add Scyther until I have access to the first 500+ BST Pokemon. I'm weird, but it's great fun, and really gets me more attached to the members of my current team (especially with Amie now). It's also a more fun way to train them to level 50 so I can use them in battles and online, and have fully competitive thing I am doing the playthrough with.

I always keep one game as a storehouse, though. I still have LOTS of thing on Diamond I should probably transfer over, for instance. That's just sooo much time...

I restart some of mine. I keep at least one copy, usually the newest, free from resetting. The previous one I use to restart for nuzlockes, etc. I keep Alpha Sapphire for my attempt to finish the Pokedex, keep my favorite casual team, etc. X doesn't have a lot because I reset it often. Currently it's been used a lot for nuzlockes. If I ever finish B2 and Pearl, I'll probably use them for nuzlockes as well.

I reset my Pearl and Platinum after Transferring all my pokemon. I then nuzlocked them.
I might reset one of my gen 4 games if I want to do another gen 4 nuzlocke.
I might reset my White 2, but I'd need to bank over every pokemon and I'm not sure if I want to do that.
I might reset X. Y has max fashion in Lumiose and all the cute outfits. Ruby has too many items like soul dew.

This is pretty lame, but I don't restart them because of the hours. I logged in a lot of hours on Pokemon Diamond 8 years ago and would feel terrible wiping that slate clean. In my defense, I would argue that the rise in emulator accessibility has made restarting games a non-issue.

I think I will reset one of my games soon, probably Pearl (as i have Diamond). I like doing interesting runs of it like nuzlocke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)