SM OU Ditto and Metagross Heat

Hey everyone. This is my first post after I actually read the RMT Rules and Forum Guidlines (Sorry Mods for not previously doing this).
So let's get right into the team

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

After seeing a video in which Ditto was the star of the team, I became inspired to make one of my own. I think most of you understand how Ditto works. You bring it in on a setup mon to out-speed it. In my experience this mon can help with Mega-Alakzam, DD Charizard, all moxie/ beast boost sweepers, etc. Everyone else was built around the idea of getting rid of those sweepers.

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

I chose Garchomp as my rocker. It is able to out-speed and kill most of the prevelant sub 100 base speed mons in the tier. After a SD it can OHKO defensive Zapdos, Ferrothorn after rocks, Kommo-o, Fini after rocks and it 2HKOs Mega Scizor. It also sets up rocks for the team.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Specially Defensive Tapu Fini helps check offensive threats to the team. It checks Greninja and taunts Clef and Chansey. Also getting a burn with scald negates leftovers and can cripple any physical attacker. This and Garchomp really synergize well with each other. Garchomp and Tapu Fini make up two-thirds of my fairy, dragon and steel core. My next pokemon rounds out that core.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Celesteela is Celesteela. This monster invalidates nearly half of the metgame. This Beast (get it :]) checks protean Greninja, Tapu Bulu, opposing Celesteela, Garchomp, the Lati twins, most versions of Lando-T, Cleff and drill. Celesteela also helps widdle the other team down with leech seed + protect for recovery and it also hurts the opposing pokemon.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Most people think that non-rain Swampert is not great. Those people are not completely wrong, but on this team Mega Swampert wrecks shop. This mon OHKOs or 2HKOs most of the metagame after rocks. This thing kills Chansey, Gliscor, Lando, Garchomp, Toxapex, Hoopa, Magerna and so much more. This mon also offers defemsive utility by having above-average defensive stats and a multitude of resistances.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

For the last mon I chose Metagross. For someone who has been playing a good amount of ORAS recently, I feel in love with Metagross. I understand that this is not ORAS nor Meta Metagross, but this mon still puts in work. This mon hits as hard, if not harder than Meta-Metagross, but at a cost of a lot of speed. Despite that this mon puts in work. It can check non-shadow ball Alakzam, Clef, Diancie, Medicham, all of the Tapu's besides Fini and many more.

Threats​
This team does not lose to much, but what it does lose to it loses to badly

Tangrowth:
This mon walls the entire team defensivley. My only way of dealing with it has been having Ditto transform into it and HP Fire/ HP Ice, however if this mon is not carrying a hidden power, this team gets slapped by it

Rotom-Wash:
I don't have any great checks for this mon offensivley or deffensivley. Not one mon on my team resists both of its STABS, and I do not hit it super-effectivley.

Conclusion​
In conclusion this team has very high highs, but very low lows. I want to hear all of the feedback, is this team too offensive, what moves/mons should I switch out, etc.
Thanks for (hopefully) reading, I did not realize how much time it took to write one of these.
BTW here is the team
https://pokepast.es/b4a80323a6edd4e4

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Sad to say this, but (the frankly awesome) Mega Metagross is now banned from OU, and regular Metagross is unviable here. Try Mega Scizor?

Sad to say this, but (the frankly awesome) Mega Metagross is now banned from OU, and regular Metagross is unviable here. Try Mega Scizor?
Ok good idea, but what would you reccomend I put over Swampert. I am thinking maybe HP Fire Serperior

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Ummm... I have had little use with Mega-Swampert outside Rain, so I can’t recommend anything.
Keep in mind I’m not very good, so take my suggestions with a grain of salt :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)