D/P Togekiss

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/togekiss

Didn't see Encore Togekiss, so I made the set.

[SET]
name: Encore Togekiss
move 1: Air Slash
move 2: Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot
move 3: Encore
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers
ability: Serene Grace
nature: Modest
evs: 216 Hp / 204 Spe / 60 SpA / 28 SpD

[Set Comments]
<p>Encore Togekiss is forgotten due to the more popular FlinchKiss but is still an offensive and defensive threat. Thanks to Encore you can trap pokemon who may think they can stat up or Togekiss. With 320 Special Attack and perhaps a Nasty Plot, Togekiss can sweep teams with it's brutal Air Slash.<p>

<p>Togekiss's most important job is to screw walls over and block Pokemon from setting up on you. Nasty Plot vs. Aura Sphere is a matter of opinion. If you use Aura Sphere, you can threaten Tyranitar. One might want to note that Aura Sphere will not OHKO Tyranitar. Nasty Plot allows you to set up for a potential sweep while your opponent is being encored. ParaFlinch Togekiss is usually used over Encore Togekiss, but Encore Togekiss is still an offensive and defensive threat. Thanks to Encore you can trap pokemon who may think they can stat up or Togekiss, and make it much more difficult for walls expecting a Thunder Wave to stop you. Forcing Switches with Encore and using them to boost it's already respectable Special Attack with Nasty Plot is what allows this Togekiss to sweep. Roost allows you to come in and out, even with Stealth Rock up. This way, you can screw stall teams that try to stall you out every time you switch in.</p>

<p>The EVs allow for 247 Speed, enough to beat Celebi and Tentacruel. Outspeeding Tentacruel is important because Tentacruel can otherwise wall Togekiss before Togekiss can get the Encore in, screwing Togekiss over. Celebi is a very annoying Pokemon and Togekiss is a great counter to it, so it's good to outspeed it too. 60 Special Attack allows for a nice 320 Special Attack, still letting you hurt walls.</p>

<p>Togekiss ultimately has the power to wall many Pokemon while still sweeping. Togekiss is also a good Pokemon to force switches with Encore.</p>

[SET]
name: Encore Togekiss v. 2
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Baton Pass
move 3: Air Slash
move 4: Encore
item: Leftovers
ability: Serene Grace
nature:modest
evs: 172 Hp / 240 Spe / 96 SpA

[Set Comments]
<p>Encore Togekiss v. 2 makes a great Baton Passer. Unlike most Baton Passers, it can use Encore. It's also in a group of very few Pokemon that can Baton Pass Nasty Plot/Tail Glow. </p>

<p>Togekiss can screw almost all walls over by using Encore. After you screw their wall over, you can get in a free Nasty Plot. With a free Nasty Plot, you can either sweep, or Baton Pass it to another Pokemon, allowing another Pokemon, making Togekiss a great supporter. Togekiss can also take hits before having to die or Baton Pass.</p>

<p>To work this set, first you use Encore on a wall to screw it up. Once it's screwed, it'll either switch or do nothing. That's a free Nasty Plot. Try to get as many Nasty Plot as possible. Afterwards, use Air Slash if you think you can sweep, and Baton Pass if you think you can't.</p>

<p>240 Speed allows you to outspeed Mamoswine. 96 Special Attack is for 300 SpA. Rest of the EVs are in HP.</p>

Other Options:

<p>On Encore Togekiss the sets, Yawn, Flamethrower, and Tri Attack are other Options.</p>

<p>Yawn lets you screw walls even heavier, and works well with Nasty Plot when you force switches and can get a Special Attack boost. However, if you use Yawn, you'll have to lose your Roost coverage, something you dearly don't want.</p>

<p>Flamethrower allows you to beat Bronzong and Skarmory, but Flying + Fighting provides better coverage than Flying + Fire. Aura Sphere is a 2HKO on Skarmory anyways.</p>

<p>Tri Attack is only if you really fear Zapdos. Otherwise, Tri Attack is pretty much useless. One should note that Tri Attack is illegal with Nasty Plot.</p>

Nasty Plot should be the premiere move as you can abuse it if you trap something with Encore.

I would also include Baton Pass as an attack next to roost so you can abuse more of Encore.

Encore Togekiss is usually forgotten because of it's incredible abillity to Revenge Kill and ParaFlinch. However, Togekiss does have Encore to mess with walls and block Pokemon setting up on you. It also has the Special Attack to kill many sweepers.
I would just change that up to read:

Encore Togekiss may be forgotten thanks to the more popular FlinchKiss but is still an offensive and defensive threat. Thanks to Encore you can trap pokemon who may think they can stat up or Togekiss. With 320 Special Attack and perhaps a Nasty Plot, Togekiss can sweep teams with it's brutal Air Slash

I think you repeat "Togekiss can wall or stop walls while special sweeping" too much. I would replace it with different phrases to still get your point across but do not come out and repeat it.

2nd from last paragraph, Fire+Flying should be speced to read Fire + Flying. That goes for the other times you do it as well.

You should mention that Aura Sphere will not OHKO most Tyranitars to help people decide what they need.

In the first line, ability is misspelled as "abillity". The fourth line of the second paragraph says "...you can guarntee..." guarantee is misspelled.

Thanks to Encore you can trap pokemon who may think they can stat up or Togekiss.
or should be on

If you use Aura Sphere, you can screw Tyranitar over. One might want to note that Aura Sphere will not OHKO Tyranitar.
too much "screw over", and these sentences are chunky anyways. I'd stick with "threaten tyranitar"

If you run Nasty Plot while they're trapped in Encore, you can potentially sweep a team.
I'd rather "Nasty Plot allows you to set up for a potential sweep while your opponent is being encored.

Normally, ParaFlinch may seem better at this, but the opponent might try to get a wall to screw Togekiss over and take the Thunder Wave. This way, you can guarantee the kill on those walls.
this sentence is pretty awkward and also out of place. It would go in the first paragraph. I'd remove this sentence and have the first paragraph read as follows:

"Encore Togekiss is forgotten due to the more popular FlinchKiss but is still an offensive and defensive threat. Thanks to Encore you can trap pokemon who may think they can stat up or Togekiss, and make it much more difficult for walls expecting a Thunder Wave to stop you. Forcing Switches with Encore and using them to boost it's already respectable Special Attack with Nasty Plot is what allows this Togekiss to sweep."

The "Encore Togekiss is forgotten..." business is in there twice. You should try to reread the whole thing. Also, for future reference, there is already a Togekiss Peer Edit. You could have posted this in there.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Also, for future reference, there is already a Togekiss Peer Edit. You could have posted this in there.
Well no, he was right to post his own. If he posted this in the other thread, it would be offtopic. The problem is that the thread title is non-descriptive.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Couldn't we merge the two sets together? Also, does the move Encore really warrant a new set in the analysis? It does the same thing as let's say, Flinchax with Nasty Plot or the Baton Passer set just using Encore which tends to be pretty shaky since I've never seen anyone try to set up on Togekiss, but it's always an attempt to revenge kill or something like Zapdos whom you have no business staying in against.

Things like Celebi is going to switch out when Togekiss comes in and Forresstress is likely going to explode or switch out (or it'll be sacrificed) so I'm not sure if Encore is too worth it.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
Subsititue or Safeguard is a good option on this set. Many of Togekiss' counters are Pokemon like Blissey or Cresselia that run status moves. The idea would be to Nasty Plot on the switch, Sub/ Safeguard the status move, Encore said status move, and then proceed to Air Slash it or Baton Pass out. If you add Sub as an option, it should be noted that you need 48 Speed EVs to beat min speed Cresselia.

Without Sub, you might want to mention that a Cleric would need to cure status that Togekiss might run into so it is clear for another switch later in the game.

I ran a similar set to the second, Encore/Substitute/Baton Pass/Roost. The idea was to set something up for a major sweep, and in my eyes Substitute is more useful than Nasty Plot because it helps you scout attacks to Encore and can bring in another Pokemon safely. It has great synergy with Encore, if the opponent comes in on Substitute you can either Encore while they break the Sub and bring in something on the resistance, or safely Baton Pass to something that scares the opponent away before your Sub gets broken.

Wish is an option I tried to set up BellyZard, or to bring something in even more safely.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this post is for jrrrrrrr's and Aldaron's purposes...

delete I believe site emphasizes Encore enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)