Gen 2 Curse ttar + drumlax stall

https://pokepast.es/4525f6597af3545b

This teams goal is to spread paralysis and keep spikes off until ttar or lax sweeps

:gs/zapdos:
It should be pretty obvious to see why zapdos is on this team and why it's the lead for this team. Thunder is chosen over thunderbolt for higher para rate, hp ice over water mostly for exeggutor as besides skarm on hp fire-less sets it's the best switch in. Hp ice misses more damage on golem, steelix and rhydon. Which doesn't matter that much because the combination of zapdos, starmie, and skarmory is probably enough to deal with them. RestTalk is restTalk and there isn't much competition for the last 2 moveslots besides maybe twave but it isn't worth it.

:gs/snorlax:
Snorlax wants to spam body slam early game in order to make setting up it's belly drum and getting a kill easier. Eq is used for coverage against normal resists not named skarmory (or aerodactyl but aerodactyl sucks) and rest is used with heal bell blissey snorlax can do it multiple times.

:gs/tyranitar:

Ttar switches into enemy snorlax using a fire type move or thunder. From there it spams curse until snorlax switches out. Ttar uses rock slide to hit flying types and allows for paraflinch strategies and Earthquake for the rock resists and to save rock slides pp. Rest makes sure ttar isn't worn down and it doesn't have to burn sleep turns due to heal bell.

:gs/blissey:

Blissey switches into special attackers when snorlax is asleep or low. Heal bell allows my rest snorlax, ttar and skarmory to wake up without burning sleep turns. It also helps to heal starmie from poison and freeze in general. Light screen is primarily used to help lax and ttar set up but it also helps with stuff such as zapdos switching into nidoking and skarmory accidently taking a fire move. Ice Beam is used just to have blissey do something I chose it over toxic so it wouldn't get walled by steel types or paralyzed pokemon and over flamethrower as I would rather have freeze over burn.

:gs/skarmory:

Skarmory walls physical attackers like snorlax, machamp, marrowak, and heracross as long as they don't a move that hits it for super effective damage. The moveset is pretty standard. I didn't use toxic because I don't want pokemon I want paralyzed to have a status that doesn't benefit them and I still phaze even with no spikes.

:gs/starmie:

Starmie is used to spin spikes and helps with spreading paralysis. It can also help my team against fire types, jynx, and many physical attackers but it will usually just spin then switch. Toxic can be a problem but recover and heal bell mitigates a little bit. Starmie unfortunately lacks psychic to do more damage against gengar and sub for better matchups against electrics and exeggutor and spikers being unable to toxic it on the same turn it spins but these moves are more valuable.

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
This is a solid team. You have a well defined win condition of Paralysis + Drum Lax + Curse Tyranitar and a robust defensive core to back it up. The only change I would make to your team is to replace Ice Beam with Flamethrower on Blissey.

While it is more valuable to fish for freezes than burns, Ice Beam lets the opponent's Spiker switch in easily. While this team has a great defensive core, Spikes can wear it down. And without Spikes of your own, your opponent with get a significant advantage if it is up vs. no up. You have Starmie to spin Spikes away, but its for the best if you limit the number of times a Spiker can switch in. Flamethrower prevents Forretress from getting a safe switch outright and does a respectable 30-35% to Cloyster.

Aside of that small change I think you team is well equipped to handle most matchups and metagame threats. However, it is important to know that Snorlax is absolutely crucial as a win condition and you need to try your best to preserve it. This is most notable against Gengar. If Gengar is running Dynamic Punch it will likely have super effective coverage against your entire team. You will need to pivot carefully so it doesn't do too much damage or Explode on a key team member.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)