Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor

- Roost

- Wonder Room

- Skill Swap
/ Heart Swap

This is a Latias set I've been experimenting a ton with. I was looking for moves it could learn with and I was beginning to see just how insanely wide their movepools are. One move in particular caught my eye: Wonder Room. While Wonder Room is in effect, all Pokemon on the field have their Defense and Special Defense inverted. What does this mean, exactly? Well, it means Latias 2HKOes Chansey, dents Heatran, 2HKOes Meloetta, dents Ferrothorn, smacks Empoleon, and hits a large majority of special walls for very hard damage now. It's quite a shock to switch in your Chansey, only to be eaten alive by a Draco Meteor! You know what else? Mega Latias now has a base Defense stat of 150! This means that Extreme Speed isn't a guaranteed 2HKO, Landorus-T's U-turn does a ton less, and that Mega Latias can switch between what it wants to counter. Due to Latias's insanely high Speed, it can literally control whatever it wants to wall. Roost keeps its health up throughout the match and is an excellent way to clean up late game when weakened. The final slot is totally unrelated to Wonder Room, but oh my gosh is it good! Skill Swap takes away every useful ability known to man like Huge Power Diggersby, Pixilate Mega Gardevoir, Flash Fire Heatran (but be careful because Levitate!), and even some defensive niches like Intimdate from Landorus-T, Prankster from Sableye, or even Thick Fat from a Mega Venusaur. The main purpose, however, is to smack through Mega Sableye, which has seen a large increase in usage. This allows it to smack Sableye with its vulnerable SpD and to steal Magic Bounce. Heart Swap, however, is even more excellent at forcing switches and keeping constant Draco Meteor chains. Overall, this is a very innovative and interesting set that I've found to be a tad gimmicky, but always worth it in the end!
If you're running only Draco Meteor as your attack, why even mention Skill Swapping away MegaGarde's Pixilate? It's not like you can do anything since it's immune to Dragon. And to be fair you used it on mine and Hyper Voice still did 20-25% plus WOW burn damage. You had Psycho Boost at the time but you couldn't 2HKO me because Moonlight and no Heart Swap. Tl;dr don't list MegaGarde. You can't really beat it.

Also, aren't Ferrothorns often EV'd in Defense? Wonder Room is doing them a favor, not the other way around. Chanseys can still Softboiled stall you without Heart Swap and maybe even with it.

Here's my advice: pick ONE of those support moves and focus on it. Wonder Room disruption? Cool, now carry attacks that can beat your targets like HP Fire or Surf. Skill Swap shenanigans? Same as before. Decide what you're trying to beat and cater your set to do it. As it stands this Latias is all over the place. You have ONE attack with 8 PP that relies on Heart Swap and/or Wonder Room to be effective. I do not consider this set viable right now.

If you're running only Draco Meteor as your attack, why even mention Skill Swapping away MegaGarde's Pixilate? It's not like you can do anything since it's immune to Dragon. And to be fair you used it on mine and Hyper Voice still did 20-25% plus WOW burn damage. You had Psycho Boost at the time but you couldn't 2HKO me because Moonlight and no Heart Swap. Tl;dr don't list MegaGarde. You can't really beat it.

Also, aren't Ferrothorns often EV'd in Defense? Wonder Room is doing them a favor, not the other way around. Chanseys can still Softboiled stall you without Heart Swap and maybe even with it.

Here's my advice: pick ONE of those support moves and focus on it. Wonder Room disruption? Cool, now carry attacks that can beat your targets like HP Fire or Surf. Skill Swap shenanigans? Same as before. Decide what you're trying to beat and cater your set to do it. As it stands this Latias is all over the place. You have ONE attack with 8 PP that relies on Heart Swap and/or Wonder Room to be effective. I do not consider this set viable right now.
Mega Gardevoir is mentioned because it means its beaten by other Pokemon. Removing Pixilate removes a main draw of it and leaves it to be set up on by other Pokemon, not so much for Mega Latias, which can't beat it unless Roost stall? Likely not!

Chansey actually can't do that because it does 50-65 (iirc, on mobile), so Draco Meteor on the tuen they use Seismic Toss or something, then you use Heart Swap, then Draco Meteor again as they use Soft-Boiled they're left with about 5-10 less damage then before and will lead to a prediction game afterwards. Mega Latias has an unfavorable matchup in this scenario, but it can muscle past it or simply move to another SpA to use Wonder Room to its advantage.

You are right about the narrowing the set, there are just so many cool options n_n;;. If anything, Psychic / Psystrike to manipulate the Wonder Room would be the best course of option and allow other Pokemon to take advantage of Mega Latias's wearing down. I'll switch the last slot to Psychic / Psystrike. Hidden Power Fire and Surf sound good as well. The former beating Ferrothorn and Scizor, while the latter muscling past Heatran and... uh... I don't know, but Heatran is good enough or a taget lol.

Eh, you want creative and underrated sets for STABmons?

Just wait 'til I show you my Azumarill that recently came *SO CLOSE* to sweeping. :[

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Knock Off
- Water Shuriken
(Damn, a stupid typos prevented the image from appearing until I found it. Meh)
This is basically the SubPunch Azumarill set, only with Water Shuriken instead of Aqua Jet because its better. The set, however, should be easy enough to understand without explaining the set, shouldn't it?

In case you don't know what SubPunch is, it is a combination of Substitute and Focus Punch. Substitute itself can be godly, but Focus Punch isn't so good. However, together, they can wreck faces. Substitute allows Focus Punch to go off easily until the Substitute breaks. If it breaks....you're screwed. Honestly, that's all I really can explain about this bugger. Knock Off is one of, if not, the BEST moves in the game, and meshes well with Focus Punch's coverage. Water Shuriken is STAB and has priority, so its nice with this set.

I know I really should explain this set more, but this is really hard to explain. I just use it for fun. It can work, since most people would use Protect or something against it, thinking its CB Azumarill. In their angst, its SubPunch, feeding off of this stupidity. Most of the easy checks will fall.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-226629209

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power / Stealth Rock / King's Shield

This Heatran set is amazing at beating stall teams, while still walling all of the usual things Heatran walls. Magma storm allows it to lure in and trap Chansey switches, expecting to wall Heatran and instead getting taunted, toxic'd and taking damage from magma storm. In return, seismic toss only does around 20% after leftovers per hit, allowing Heatran to easily win. The speed is in order to outspeed and 2HKO physically defensive Landorus-T, Gliscor, and other pokemon trying to switch into what they think is regular SpDef heatran. The last moveslot just depends on what you want: If you want a proper stallbreaker, run earth power to hit opposing Heatrans and for more damage on water types. Other options are stealth rocks and kings shield, depending on what whether you need rocks or need to be able to check superpower M-Scizor.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Block
- Perish Song

- Rest / Soft-Boiled
- Stockpile / Noble Roar /Seismic Toss/Soft-Boiled

You see the moveset so you know, it's a perish trap set with blissey who allows to kill a lot of special sweepers and mons who do support and can't kill blissey in less of 3 turns

the processus is simple, it's in 5 five Steps :

-Use Block to prevent foe switchs (Step 1)
-Use Perish Song (Step 2)
-Do what you want expect switching (Step 3)
-Use rest to recover the whole of PV's Blissey at the second effect turn of Perish Song(Step 4)
-SWITCH and watch the foe's mon die at the last effect turn of Perish Song (Turn 5)

And do this again agaisnt the next victim

Stockpile is here to don't take to much damage by increasing your special defense, Noble Roar do the same by lowering the special attack of the foe's mon
Soft-Boiled is an option for the PV recovery but i think Rest + Natural Cure is Better
Seismic Toss is in case of taunt take your blissey
you can combine Rest and Soft-Boiled to keep a lot of PV at any turn

You can use this moveset with Chansey of course, I prefer Blissey because of the fact it dosen't need eviolite and so it can bear leftovers.

Last edited:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Block
- Perish Song

- Rest / Soft-Boiled

You see the moveset so you know, it's a perish trap set with blissey who allows to kill a lot of special sweepers and mons who do support and can't kill blissey in less of 3 turns

-Use rest to recover the whole of PV's Blissey at the second effect turn of Perish Song(Step 4)
-SWITCH and watch the foe's mon die at the last effect turn of Perish Song (Turn 5)

Stockpile is here to don't take to much damage by increasing your special defense, Noble Roar do the same by lowering the special attack of the foe's mon
Soft-Boiled is an option for the PV recovery but i think Rest + Natural Cure is Better

You can use this moveset with Chansey of course, I prefer Blissey because of the fact it dosen't need eviolite and so it can bear leftovers.
Bouffalant is much better at this due to soundproof. Though perish trappers aren't too good because aegislash is super common, and it just eats these two. And before you bring up bulk, bouff has enough bulk to get the job done. Also sableye switches in and gains free momentum.
Plus stockpile/noble roar seem pretty bad.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Block
- Perish Song

- Rest / Soft-Boiled

Going to have to pass on this. As Ranger Helmut said, trapping isn't a very viable strategy. A much more effective use of Blissey is using it as a cleric. Chansey is the cleric, Transform, and basically better version of Blissey; however, Blissey has one small perk in not minding Knock Off and passing a tiny bit larger Wish. Incredibly minuscule, and I wouldn't advise using Blissey at all really, but it has the tiny niche.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Blast

Yes I am actually doing this.

First off, lemme just say this thing hits RIDICULOUSLY hard. Here's a face full of calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Rhyperior Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 289-342 (86.5 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Rhyperior Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 262-310 (68.5 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 204-240 (57.9 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Rhyperior Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 152-179 (43.1 - 50.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Rhyperior Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 382-450 (111.3 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 219-258 (52.1 - 61.4%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Rhyperior Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 164-193 (39 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Rhyperior Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 165-195 (48.8 - 57.6%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Doubt people even run bronzong, but it's actually a pretty decent Kyub check on bulky offense teams, but that's for another post)

Everything else is pretty much OHKO'd or irrelevant. Now you may be thinking, Rhyperior is too slow to get any damage off, it's not any good on non-gimmick non trick room teams, etc. Thing is it doesn't really need speed. Its enormous bulk allows it to check many things, including many physical attackers and most Thundurus sets, interestingly enough. The first two moves are the bread and butter of this set, with insanely high power and EdgeQuake coverage. Head Smash + Choice Band + Reckless has just an absurd amount of damage. Nothing can safely switch in. The other two moves are basically filler, I chose Fire Punch to OHKO Ferrothorn and Rock Blast to break subs, but you can run Ice Punch to hit Landorus harder (although Head Smash 2HKO's already), or Megahorn or something.

#TrickRoomIsViable

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Stallbreaker Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp / Lava Plume / Sacred Fire
- Doom Desire
- King's Shield

Why you should give me a star:
It feels like stall is gaining a stronger foothold in STABmons everyday. While there are already great stallbreakers like Sableye and Tyranitar, Heatran retains a niche as it can function as a full-stop to a lot of walls and even offensive threats all in one set. Taunt is the crux obviously, which when combined with the residual burn damage and Doom Desire-shuffling, can break apart the opponent's team. King's Shield is a good scout against stuff like Earthquake Tyranitar and buys a turn for Doom Desire and burn damage.

The Speed is pretty arbitrary right now. With 208 it outspeeds Adamant Mega Tyranitar, which as long as it's not carrying Earthquake, can be played around and prevented from setting up with Dragon Dance. But honestly, Tyranitar without Earthquake probably wouldn't stay in on Heatran anyway for fear of a burn, so the investment is better spent in bulk or Special Attack.

Will-O-Wisp has the best chance to burn, though ironically it's Tauntable itself. Lava Plume (or Searing Shot) provides a decent 30% backed up by its stronger Special Attack while Sacred Fire burns about half the time yet will be weaker.

This set struggles against Fire-types for obvious reasons, but without a strong coverage move, they fail to do little to you either. And while Heatran can sponge its fair share of hits, it will want Wish support, especially if it gets its Leftovers Knocked Off (though you should be scouting with King's Shield against potential Knock Offers.)

Overall it's fairly flexible, with other moves slashable as needed. I just prefer the shuffling aspect of Doom Desire and King's Shield, so get your hazards stacked for ultimate punishment!
it's prolly been a super long time since this was posted, but searing shot is a thing you can do over lava plume

EV

Banned deucer.
it's prolly been a super long time since this was posted, but searing shot is a thing you can do over lava plume
Searing Shot is stronger sure but only has 8 PP. This Heatran is more concerned with playing out most the match. Scarf sets prefer Searing Shot, however.

Vaporeon @ Zap Plate
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Origin Pulse
- Judgment
- Ice Beam

Reviving this thread. This is a variation to defensive Vaporeon, taking a more offensive approach. This was theorymonned last night with Mamp, Peef Rimgar, Kit Kasai, and Eevee General. The basic idea is to catch opponents off guard with your Shell Smash, finding set up opportunities thanks to Vaporeon's typing and bulk, and going from there. Judgment / Ice Beam provide perfect coverage in a more powerful BoltBeam duo. An interesting perk to this set is that Vaporeon is semi-Transform proof. Judgment, while doing a whole lot, is not KOing Vaporeon. Meanwhile, Chansey falls to an Origin Pulse on the turn it Transforms, then a Judgment the following turn. Just one interesting perk. Vaporeon's base 110 Special Attack is often overlooked, but this set capitalizes on it. Very interesting. Used it in like five battles, and it performed pretty solid in each one. Needs further testing. A Timid nature can also be run. But yeah, overall a creative and underrated set!

credits to the Vaporeon gif go to DJTHED

EV

Banned deucer.
Some stuff I've been messing with.

Ursaring @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts or Quick Feet
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat or other coverage
- Baton Pass

Scare Bear cannot do what he did last gen as reliably in XY/ORAS. Too much residual damage, too many good physical walls, worn down too quickly from status. However, this set isn't designed to do Guts FakeSpeed in the traditional sense. With 130 Attack it's the strongest Fake Speeder, so with a Silk Scarf it's basically your standard Normal-type revenger. The creative bit comes with the last slot. Instead of trying to cover all your bases (do I run Fighting? do I run Dark? do I run Fairy? do I run Ground? do I run Fire?) you can just hit Baton Pass on a predicated switch and get in your coverage via a teammate. Most of the time your opponent will bring in a Steel-type (Aegi, Ferro, Skarm, Heatran, Scizor are all common) so packing your own Heatran or Magnezone are good ideas.

Thanks to Guts and Quick Feet you can also use Ursaring as a burn, poison, or even paralysis (if you have Quick Feet) sponge.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Brave Bird
- Baton Pass / Stone Edge / Taunt / Protect

Offensive Gliscor in STABmons? Sure why not. But but Lando-T! Keep reading.

Swords Dance puts immediate pressure on the opponent and the normal checks to setup like Sableye, Prankster T-wave, and FakeSpeed fail to stop this set. Sableye can't status, so it has to Parting Shot or Topsy. Baton Pass gets the switch initiative against Parting Shot though you carry out a potential -1 drop to a special attacker. Taunt is better against Topsy because then Sableye is rendered helpless as you Swords Dance again while it switches out and then Taunt as Sableye comes back. Prankster Thundurus can't stop you with T-wave so it will use Oblivion Wing, which can't OHKO:

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 211-250 (72.5 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
but you can with +2 Stone Edge. The strongest FakeSpeeder (using the above example) fails to 2HKO:

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Ursaring Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 72-85 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Silk Scarf Ursaring Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 144-169 (49.4 - 58%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
Max 87.2%, not counting Poison Heal. Either way PB or BB is a OHKO at +2.

Taunt is good to block other shit like Transform, phazing, Quagsire or Clefable's Recover/Softboiled, and other tomfoolery. Protect buys more PH turns plus it burns Fake Out altogether. Precipice Blades can be swapped with EQ if you're not a real boy, but don't substitute Dragon Ascent over Brave Bird. The -1 drops are worse than the recoil considering you get HP back with PH.

Give us a try!

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since i almost never played stabmons, the only thing I knew was that heatran and sableye were good, thus i decided to make 2 surprising sets to counter both because i hate mainstream sets. Here are the sets :

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Protect

I wanted a lure for heatran and started thinking about ground pokemon of course. The problem was that it would be too obvious if the lure was ground type so i searched for a pokemon who had the ground type at first, but who then lost it after evolving. I directly thought about nincada and ninjask. With it's high speed and speed boost it's faster than most pokes, even some who set up with shellsmash/geomancy (like togekiss) and by using sword dance it reaches 612 of attack when adamant. Dragon Ascent provides a nice stab move which OHKO almost everything who doesn't resist it after sword dance, while Precipice Blades takes care of steel type pokemon, especially heatran. Protect is of course for speed boost but also helps against fake out. Regarding the item I chose, focus sash because it allows you to set a sword dance or just serves to stop a potential sweep.

Adrian Marin this one is for you
Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Psycho Shift
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Since sableye is on every team in stabmons, at least that's what i thought, i searched for a poke who could at the same time damage it with special moves (will-o-wisp would be annoying for physical) and counter sleep inducing move (aka dark void). Mr.mime directly seemed like the perfect choice. Fairy type gave it nice stab on moonblast to hit sableye super-effectively while it's ability soundproof would stop parting shot and thus give you 1 free turn since few people actually knows parting shot is a sound move. To counter sleep, i chose sleep talk which can at times be unreliable but paired with moonblast, hidden power fire and psycho shift, you will or make damage or put your opponent to sleep.
As i just said, i mainly chose psycho shift and hidden power fire to make sleep talk reliable, but both still have a specific role. Psycho shift actually allows Mr.mime to absorb status while hidden power fire deals heavy damage to mega-scizor which is usually switched against Mr.mime.

252 SpA Mr. Mime Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 220-260 (78.2 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mr. Mime Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Scizor: 176-208 (51.1 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Some replays to show these sets work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-247819801
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-248057754

Hope the sets are good enough, enjoy :)

Latios @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
- Tailwind

Here's a neat way to use Latios. With dual screens, Memento, and even stretching to Tailwind support, Latios becomes one amazing support Pokemon. The best part is, people just suspect a Draco Meteor to be launched in their face or even just a simple Defog, but they just come to see a Screen get set up. A common situation is versus say Tyranitar, who comes in to tank a Draco Meteor, but ends up getting set up on thanks to Reflect. Latios could probably run Draco Meteor in the last slot, as Tailwind is far more unused than any other move on the set, but I don't like it. Tailwind comes in handy since I run Hoopa-Unbound, and the extra Speed provided by Tailwind is nice. It's important to note that it's nearly impossible to effectively utilize all three assets. Instead, you mix and match. I always save Latios for when I see a potential win condition, or until later in the match so that I can pull through tight situations. Latios has really carried me lately and I just absolutely adore this set! I encourage everyone to give it a try~! :heart:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-278243086

Here's a replay where it saves my ass late game, saving me from a Fusion Bolt from Kyurem-B. Admittedly, the other player made some weird plays (not knowing Sleep Clause, Shell Smash'ing randomly?), but it is just an example of how Latios could be used effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)