Contribute to Smogon's Facebook giveaways :: Apply within

Status
Not open for further replies.
The giveaways are back from hiatus and we're in need of Pokemon Distributors.

All you need to do is receive the giveaway Pokemon, clone ~60 copies, and distribute them via GTS every other Saturday.

If you are interested in contributing to the SmogonU FB page these are the requirements.
  • Trustworthiness (this will be decided at our discretion, if you are - or ever have been - on the Wi-Fi blacklist then don't even bother).
  • Be available on Saturday at 10 AM, 1 PM, 6PM or 9PM [EST/UTC -5] to distribute.
  • Powersaves or any other device/method to clone.
  • Familiarity with IRC (to coordinate the whole thing when it's live).
  • Commitment. We're looking for long term contributors that will help us increase our output of Pokemon.
If helping out of the goodness of your heart isn't enough incentive, those who help out regularly (and for a long time) will be eligible for the Social Media Contributor Badge (
)!

Post here if you're interested in joining and we'll contact you via PM. :toast:
I don't know where to post, but I am happy to donate things to be cloned and given away. I have every available Pokemon and HA in beast balls.

I can donate one of my gen7 pokemons to this giveaway if anyone is interested? I RNG'd this baby not too long ago:

Shiny Popplio ♀
OT: Julia TID: 137425
Modest
31/ x/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 31
Moves:
Water Gun | Amnesia | Aromatic Mist | Perish Song
Proof of RNG

Note: PS username is strikingdiamonds, fc is the same as my signature

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

All you need to do is receive the giveaway Pokemon, clone ~60 copies, and distribute them via GTS every other Saturday.

If you are interested in contributing to the SmogonU FB page these are the requirements.
  • Trustworthiness (this will be decided at our discretion, if you are - or ever have been - on the Wi-Fi blacklist then don't even bother).
  • Be available on Saturday at 10 AM, 1 PM, 6PM or 9PM [EST/UTC -5] to distribute.
  • Commitment. We're looking for long term contributors that will help us increase our output of Pokemon.
If helping out of the goodness of your heart isn't enough incentive, those who help out regularly (and for a long time) will be eligible for the Social Media Contributor Badge (
)!

I can help if you are still looking for people.

Bump for new page.

We aren't looking for donations atm. Donations will most likely be requested on demand. Thanks!

Also I pm'd the people interested in joining.

--------------------------

)!

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Greetings,

I unfortunately had to step back from my post as a French translator due to stress and health reasons recently and I'll have to take a couple of smaller steps for a while.
I however wanted to let you all know that I'll still contribute to the WiFi section here and there and I'd be willing to contribute to the FB Giveaway as well during my summer break this year.
In addition to this I'd also like to say that, in case the distribution team wants/needs something from my collection/trade thread, I'd be willing to donate the Pokémon. Never hesitate to ask me.

Here are the main points from my previous post:

What can I offer to the cause?
  • I own a Powersaves device and can both clone via the codes and the back-up method.
  • I'm unfortunately not familiar with IRC just yet, but I'd probably be able to learn how to use it in no time.
  • Despite being able to work within a team, I am also able to work independently as well.
  • My Time Zone is GMT+1 and I'm mostly really flexible with online times.
  • In case I might not be available at sometime due to real life matters, I'll gladly let the team know at least 24 hours in advance.
Even though I won't be able to do it for a couple of months, I still wanted to post here again to let you know in advance.

Let me know what you think.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I apologize for the double post, but I wanted to ask the Facebook Giveaway team if there would be any interest for the following Pokémon that I managed to soft-reset today.
I want to donate this Pokémon to the Smogon community!
I'm going to give away 100 copies of it in an own giveaway in about a week from now, but if it can also be useful towards the Smogon Facebook Giveaway, please don't hesitate to ask me for it.

Let me know what you think.
LegoFigure11 kindly helped me out with the screenshots, shout outs to you my friend.
Update: it's also available now as an Alolan Ribbon Master!

[#773 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Kotobuki❞]
❝the Great Friend❞

OT: Christophe\473314 (Sun) ‹

IVs: HT(14)/31/HT(11)/1/31/31 - Adamant\RKS System (Ø)
Ut: Crush Claw, Scary Face, X-Scissor, Take Down
Ev'd (Gen 7): Double-Edge, Crunch, Parting Shot, Explosion
Ev'd (Gen 8+): Sword Dance, Multi-Attack, Flame Charge, Explosion
[4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe]

I received this Pokémon as a shiny Type: Null from Gladion at the Æther Paradise on my Sun version.
This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots) were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 19th of February 2017 and I finally received the shiny Type: Null on the 26th of February 2017 at 12:40 p.m after soft-resetting for 7 days.
The Shiny Charm does not affect Type: Null's shininess in any way, shape, or form and the odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon without any modifying factors are 1/4096 in Generation 6 and 7 games.
Synchronizers however work in 100% of the cases when soft-resetting Type: Null.
On the 1st of July 2017 I figured that this Pokémon was still capable of improvement and I decided to re-train a UT copy of the Pokémon in question.
The reason behind this decision is that my notorious perfectionist tendencies made me want to have a version without a hyper-trained Special Attack IV stat.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master for this version on the 2nd of July 2017.

The kotobuki is an auspicious chimera from Japanese mythology whose body contains parts from all twelve animals of the zodiac.
The Silvally is nicknameable, which means that I can and will customize the nickname or revert the nickname back to the original name ❝Silvally❞ upon request.

In case you wish to see proof in the form of a screenshot, please click on the following link:
_________________________________________​

We are in need of more distributors.

All you need to do is receive the giveaway Pokemon, clone ~60 copies, and distribute them via GTS every other Saturday. Distributing takes 90 minutes aprox.

• Familiarity with IRC/Discord (to coordinate the whole thing when it's live).
)!

We aren't looking for donations atm. Donations will be requested on demand. Thanks!

Last edited:

All you need to do is receive the giveaway Pokemon, clone ~60 copies, and distribute them via GTS every other Saturday. Distributing takes 90 minutes aprox.

)!

We aren't looking for donations atm. Donations will be requested on demand. Thanks!
Bump

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Quite late, but if you guys are still looking/open, I wouldn't mind joining:

Will be available for the 10AM distributions, on occasion the 1PM.

Can clone, and am familiar with Discord

For the most part, should be able to join every Saturday.

I always loved spreading around rare pokemon, so if you guys are still open I wouldn't mind helping

I have discord open and I should normally be around for most of the day on sundays and saturdays (usually though around noon or later).

I can clone with powersaves.

I haven't been on these forums too long so I don't know If I can be considered trustworthy yet, but I have done a few trades and I have my own shop so hopefully that helps. I mainly want to spread around special pokemon as I am a huge collector and I want to help others enjoy some of the more rare and valuable ones.

1515468166340.png
)!

Blueforce

Ungood
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

View attachment 96659)!

Hello! I haven't been a part of Smogon for a very long time, but I've always respected the members of the community for their willingness to contribute, and I'd like to do the same.

I will most likely be available for the 1 PM or 6 PM distribution periods. I can clone Pokemon via PKSM. I leave Discord up most of the time and am fairly easy to get ahold of, however I do not use IRC.

Helping distribute rare Pokemon seems like a nice way to help people out, and I probably won't have an issue committing to it long-term. I might even be able to contribute Pokemon at some point. I've been running a little giveaway of my own for a couple months that you can find in my signature. I'd be happy to lend a hand, shoot me a PM if interested.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader

Hello! On PS, I go by Ticken and Luretad, more well known as Ticken, and I have been apart of some of the Wifi events such as the monthlies so I feel now is my time to give back to the community which has given me so much. As of recently, I have acquired the ability to clone Pokemon on my Alpha Sapphire and Sun games while being relatively free most if not all Saturdays depending on the errands my Mom gives me. I can realistically distribute the chosen Pokemon for the Giveaway at all times except for 6PM EST when I go out with my family. I do not want to be a name dropper to increase my credibility but some of the older Wifi staff of whom were in charge of the monthlies know I consistently arrive before the start time with time to spare and my attendance is more-or-less guaranteed. Just lmk what you want me to do.Message me on PS if you need my Discord information!

Last edited:
Hello n_n I'd like to help distributing and contributing pokemon. I've always liked to help people out and this would be a very nice chance to do so. I used to be an official cloner in wifi room and hosted some giveaways during the past too. I should be available during Saturdays and I use discord often so communication shouldn't be an issue at all.
Looking forward for this and I hope this project works out nicely :)

Last edited:
Hello! On PS, I go by Ticken and Luretad, more well known as Ticken, and I have been apart of some of the Wifi events such as the monthlies so I feel now is my time to give back to the community which has given me so much. As of recently, I have acquired the ability to clone Pokemon on my Alpha Sapphire and Sun games while being relatively free most if not all Saturdays depending on the errands my Mom gives me. I can realistically distribute the chosen Pokemon for the Giveaway at all times except for 6PM EST when I go out with my family. I do not want to be a name dropper to increase my credibility but some of the older Wifi staff of whom were in charge of the monthlies know I consistently arrive before the start time with time to spare and my attendance is more-or-less guaranteed. Just lmk what you want me to do.Message me on PS if you need my Discord information!
Hello n_n I'd like to help distributing and contributing pokemon. I've always liked to help people out and this would be a very nice chance to do so. I used to be an official cloner in wifi room and hosted some giveaways during the past too. I should be available during Saturdays and I use discord often so communication shouldn't be an issue at all.
Looking forward for this and I hope this project works out nicely :)
I'll contact you next week.

Hello! I'm relatively new member of smogon community (joined forums in december last year), but I use your guides since 2009. And I want to be an official distributor. I participated in almost all giveaways starting from january 2017 and recieved 44/54 pokemon since then (including today's serperior, if it means something). I can be avaliable at 10 AM, 1 PM and rarely at 6PM, since I live in GMT +3 and 10 AM is 6 PM for me. Discord is familiar to me, know how to use it. And I can clone pokemon with powersaves. Hope that it'd be enough to become a good distributor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)