confusing LEADership c:

OK, hello everyone, I'm Manuel and I'm new, in fifth generation I was running a mono bug team (with a FLYGON) but with the XY new pokemon and moves, I started losing horribly so I decided to make a new team so, feel free to give me any advise, I'm no new to pokemon but I am in competitive battling

GALVANTULA (Bug-Electric) 252SpA, 252Spe, 4HP
Compoundeyes - Focus sash - Modest
+Thunder
+Sticky web
+Energy ball
+HP fire

One of the possible (suicide) leads on my team; Thunder is the only STAB move it runs, but it hits hard on weak and non resisting pokemon and has the chance of paralyzing them, HP fire is for steel types (mainly excadrill, ferrothorn, forretres and scizor) while energy ball is for ground types such as donphan, mamoswine, gastrodon and swampert. Tyranitar is it's nemesis, as it's sandstorm destroys its sash.

VENOMOTH (Bug-Poison) 120Def, 120SpD, 16 SpA, 252Spe
Wonder Skin - Black Sludge - Timid
+Sleep Powder
+Quiver Dance
+Baton Pass
+Sludge Bomb

Other possible lead; obvious sleep inducer/quiver dancer, either for itself or for others, I opted for Wonder Skin over Tinted Lens because I prefer to avoid Spore, Encore, Will o Wisp and Thunder Wave (especially from prankster users) than making more damage, this pokemon is not normally for attacking, but if I have 1 or 2 quiver dances up and the foe is still asleep, low on health or is vulnerable to poison, I prefer to bring it down with STAB Sludge Bomb, if not, I Baton Pass to Galvantula, Hydreigon or Greninja.

This is my personal favorite typing (Bug/Poison), my favorite pokemon (since GEN I) and my favorite set for it.

AEGISLASH (Ghost-Steel) 252Atk, 128SpD, 128Def
Stande Change - Leftovers - Adamant
+Swords Dane
+Shadow Sneak
+Sacred Sword
+King's Shield

A late game physical sweeper, I make it extremely hard to predict, I love it since I saw it as Honedge (when I thought it will have no evolutions), I use it on my pkm Y and I simply loved it. After 1 Swords Dance, it can wreak havoc among defensively weak pokemon, Iron Head is just for another STAB move, and this one has a chance to flinch which is a bonus. King's Shield is mainly for Scizor and Tyranitar's dark contact moves (Night Slash, Pursuit, Crunch).

FLYGON (Ground-Dragon) 252Spe, 252Atk, 4HP
Levitate - Choice Band - Adamant
+Dragon Claw
+Earthquake
+Stone Edge
+Superpower

Another late game physical sweeper, I prefer to use him when there are no more flying or levitating pokemon around because of the STAB Earthquake and Dragon Claw, it is a somewhat speedy pokemon even without a scarf (outspeeds any pokemon after sticky web) also it is my favorite Dragon. I have to look out for Ice moves though, as it is my most easily OHKOed pokemon (Galvantula does not count because she wears focus sash).

GRENINJA (Water-Dark) 252Spe, 252SpA, 4HP
Protean - Life Orb - Modest
+Hydro Pump
+Ice Beam
+Dark Pulse
+Extrasensory

Another possible lead, although I mostly use it late game, its ALWAYS STAB are useful, and can take down most non resisting pokemon with ease, priority moves, especially vaccum wave and mach punch are its more common threat, also bulky water types or pokemon with decent or high sp. Def and prankster uses that paralyze him with thunder wave.

HYDREIGON (Dragon-Dark) 252Spe, 252Spa, 4HP
Levitate - Expert Belt - Timid
+Dragon Pulse
+Dark Pulse
+Surf
+Flamethrower

The most common pokemon I pass the boosts from Venomoth, it has wide coverage and with expert belt, anything that is weak to its attacks will suffer, however, if I see fairies on the team (especially azumarrill), I prefer to kill them with other pokemon and then send out this guy.

So there you have it... rate it!! c:

On your Greninja, consider giving it Taunt instead of Extrasensory. That does 2 things, 1) it gives you some versatility and an easy way to shut down set-ups and b) it gives you a move that does not generate residual damage from Life Orb.

On your Aegislash, are you running Sacred Sword or Iron Head? The move set says one thing and the description says another. Personally, I think Sacred Sword is the more desirable of the two

You should really try to find a way to work Defog or Rapid Spin into this team, as Galvantula and Venomoth REALLY don't like Stealth Rock, and other hazards can mess you up pretty bad too if you have no way to control them. Personally, I think you should swap Aegislash for Skarmory, and do a set similar to this:

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog

Not only will that allow you to remove hazards with Defog if needed, it will allow you to throw down a Stealth Rock of your own. Furthermore, you have no true defensive walls on your team (Sorry, Aegislash is painfully easy to predict, and goes down quickly to Earthquake or Shadow Ball, even in Shield Forme). Skarmory acts as a solid physical defender.

I would also recommend swapping Hydreigon for an Assault Vest Goodra, similar to this:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Muddy Water

Goodra acts as a great Special Wall, and still has excellent coverage due to a fairly varied movepool. Sap Sipper also lets you switch in and absorb a grass move if you anticipate Spore/Leech Seed/etc.

Just a thought.

I know most aegislash are predictable, but I play far too weird for them to predict me... and it runs Iron Head, not sacred sword... I got it wrong the first time, I actually LOVE scarmory, will switch and I've never tried goodra, is it any good, I just love speedy pokemon, after some passes, it'll be fast enough I guess.

I know most aegislash are predictable, but I play far too weird for them to predict me... and it runs Iron Head, not sacred sword... I got it wrong the first time, I actually LOVE scarmory, will switch and I've never tried goodra, is it any good, I just love speedy pokemon, after some passes, it'll be fast enough I guess.
Goodra is crazy-good. With an assault vest, it can eat Special Attacks all day, and it has a solid SpA of its own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)