Project Community Create-a-Team! - Submission Phase (Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Aerial Ace

With Keldeo filling a wallbreaking role instead of a scarfer, we need to look somewhere else for speed control, and Kartana fits the bill here. Scarf Kartana helps to check a lot of big threats to the team such as Ash-Gren, Lele, HP Fire Kyurem, even Volcarona thanks to the extra moveslot for Aerial Ace running Defog on Scizor gives us. Kartana also can act as a cleaner, capitalizing on the wallbreaking potential of Specs Gar and CM Keld and snowballing with Beast Boost. Not much else to say, effective Scarfer/cleaner that improves the offense matchup and acts as a wincon for the squad.

Wow this is gonna be a hard vote but when the time comes, i'm probably gonna pick kartana. Not counting kartana out of it though.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe OR 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power Ice / Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn

Tapu Koko furthers the VoltTurn core to help bring Specs Gengar in. Z-Wild Charge can surprise some of its usual counters/checks and help break Mantine, which troubles this team. Brave Bird is not a bad choice here to hit the bulky grasses but you will usually be clicking U-Turn anyways

gonna resubmit this

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

basically we really weak to keldeo and koko is also an issue. bulu blanket checks both while also pressuring fat balances like pex+celesteela. idt this is the right set for bulu, sub or av may be better but whatever.

edit: im at a computer now. made it subsd and added a sprite

Exploudit update this zzz

Last edited:
gonna resubmit this
[no sprite cuz mobile]
Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

basically we really weak to keldeo and koko is also an issue. bulu blanket checks both while also pressuring fat balances like pex+celesteela. idt this is the right set for bulu, sub or av may be better but whatever.

Exploudit update this zzz
Theres already a Z user and AV is a trash set, but sub seed could be good.

Theres already a Z user and AV is a trash set, but sub seed could be good.
was thinking about the stall matchup and the only issue is keldeo getting worn down by sableye's burns and having trouble with haze toxapex so sub seed would be nice to provide some support in the event of that matchup

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Okay, Bulu is the winner, time to submit the final member of the team. OP Will be updated soon...

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon

While I was originally thinking BandTar, I feel as if Choice Scarf Heatran fits best on the team. It forms great cores with mons like Tapu Bulu, Scizor-M, and gives speed control. It also checks mons such as Mega Pinsir. It can also take advantage of Keldeo weakening waters and Lati lategame.

PS: Why isnt Keldeo a Waterium Greninja-Ash rn because we just have triple breakers which is not good and ash gren would give prio, and still weaken bulky waters.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Currently, We are lacking any counterplay to set up mons, and scarf Tapu Koko totally fit the job, as it is able to outspeed and revenge kill Volcarona, Kartana, Gyarados and some more threats for which the team currently has no counterplays while still being able to keep up with the momentum thanks to U-Turn. Finally, it patches our relative weakness to Hawlucha and to Manaphy.

Edit: the 176 ev's in speed allows us to speed creep scarf gren

Okay, I know we're almost done, but realistically this team will be outdated as soon as USUM comes out... Thank you so much for everyone that participated, and I'm sorry to do this, but I don't think finishing a team for it to get outdated one week after is a good idea. This will reopen as soon as USUM is up on Showdown and I promise I'll try to keep up with the activity from this thread.
Btw our team just gets outright bopped by Naganadel lol

Im on mobile and dont rlly know how to make this look pretty but:

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor

its gotta be the mans

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

I think we can try something a little more criative here! OTR Stakataka is really fun and hits so damn hard, I tried this a bit on a Trick Room team and I gotta say I was suprised how much work it put! I think it will for sure be a interesting challenge to build around with Staka.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Trick/Knock Off

While it's defensive utility is near 0 and it does need quite a lot of team support, Blacephalon's incredible wallbreaking potential (having 2 switch-ins in the tier, namely Chansey and the infamous AV T-Tar) and the fact that it does not constraing the teambuilding to a single playstyle might cause an enjoyable teambuilding.

Kartana @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

NJNP and Gary were gassing this set up so let's put it to the test. CB Kartana has attack stat almost barely hitting 700 - let that sink in. Furthermore, it has above-average speed, practically perfect coverage, and the new addition of Knock Off, which allows it to more easily break through Celesteela and Zapdos and overall just providing a spammable attack with great utility. What else can I say, it has zero switch-ins.

Im on mobile and dont rlly know how to make this look pretty but:

Naganadel @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor

its gotta be the mans
Building around naga probably isn't the best idea because naga is likely getting banned soon (obviously not confirmed but tons of ppl think it's suspect worthy and I think it's on the council's radar), so this submission will be excluded. I'm also going to post my own submission

Blacephalon @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Mind Blown

This is a weird set that can probably put in work once ppl stop using av tar. Z sunny day boosts speed by +1 and can also be used as a nuke, which is why there's mind blown. It also gets special attack boosts so it can potentially snowball through teams. Also beats band tar w/ a little bit of chip which is rly nice

252 SpA Blacephalon Inferno Overdrive (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sun: 273-321 (80 - 94.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)