come on guys, no fear of a blank planet topic?

nothing on the first page. who else has gotten their copy? i really like it, porcupine tree has a lot of life left in them. this album reminds me of the futile ep and deadwing more than any of their other stuff. very heavy for a pt album, overall. my least favorite track is anesthetize, probably, it just doesn't really go anywhere... my favorite is either the title track or sleep together.

opinions? i would probably be more impressed if i hadn't listened to blackwater park by opeth right before my first listen... i think i need more opeth.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wrote a review for it in entertainment reviews, you can check that out.

It's a killer album.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
like I said in the review thread, it's a good album but the heavy, metal/progressive stuff (Anesthetize, some of Way Out of Here) got repetitive real quick. funny you should mention Opeth, because I'm sure that listening to this album will make people want to listen to Opeth.

everything else is good to great, I'd give the album a 3.75/5

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, I always inextricably link listening to Porcupine Tree with Opeth these days...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)