Clear Skies, Clear Entry - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear Skies, Clear Entry
Approved by Earthworm
Hosted by Orichalcos Owl

Weather dominates the metagame. Entry hazards dominate the metagame. What would life be without both? This is a simple, bo3 tournament with only one twist. One of the three games will be played as a Clear Skies match – all weather is banned! Another one of the three is played without any entry hazards. NO stealth rock, spikes, or toxic spikes to impede Pokemon like Volcarona from making hell. Finally, the third and decisive game will encompass both! No entry hazards, no weather, and all awesome.

This tournament is BW2 OU. Genesect and other new releases are allowed.

However, after seeing what happened in the UU Can Party Too tournament, let me make this perfectly clear.

Pokemon Showdown allows some illegal movesets. Things like Sleep Powder + Spikes Roserade can be used on Showdown. THESE ARE BANNED. If I find out you used an illegal moveset, I, much like the venerable JabbaTheGriffin in his UU Open post, won't even consider the circumstances.

Tournament Rules:
• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
• Standard OU - Singles
• Best of THREE
• Single elimination
• The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online.
• You must submit your logs. Thanks! n_n (part of me just wants to know the sheer amount of people who use Volcarona now...)

Battle Clauses:
• Evasion Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• Timed Battle
• Wifi Clause

Special Rules:
The matches can either go like this:
Player A and Player B both use Clear Skies teams (no weather) - Match 1
Player A and Player B both use Clear Entry teams (no hazards) - Match 2
Player A and Player B both use teams that pertain to both (no hazards AND no weather) - Match 3, the deciding match should it come to a 1-1 tie.

This is a tournament I've looked forward to hosting for a while now. Let's make it a great one! n_n

Anyway matches and things: ROUND 2

Extended:
Cheezitking vs. Jaxx (due to request)
Dracule Mihawk vs. Joeyboy (due to late contact)
dragonuser vs. BIG loven (due to apparent interest on both parties but a lack of followup)

Round 2:
Hantsuki vs. dragonuser
DrMohammadLi vs. Dr Ciel
Eo Ut Mortus vs. DarkLoic
FelixMinamimoto vs. NightFox
Stallion vs. X5Dragon
Malekith vs. pokebasket
Brotom vs. anno nyme
Pedrock vs. Lavos Spawn
IceCarAdler vs. Sayonara
Shartruce2 vs. breh
McMeghan vs. Dracule Mihawk
MikeDecIsHere vs. CheezitKing
Cicada vs. mfhoundoom
SoulWind vs. Kennen
Bomber92 vs. -Rockstar-
SethZiBritannia vs. WhiteQueen

Highlight matches?

Pedrock vs. Lavos Spawn

SethZiBritannia vs. WhiteQueen

Eo Ut Mortus vs. DarkLoic

Dragonuser vs. Hantsuki

Deadline for extensions: I will return from vacation on Sunday, 9/16/12. By the end of that night, if extended matches are not played, I will go with the coinflip I originally got.

Deadline for this round: I will be leaving AGAIN on vacation on 9/21/12. Since you all likely teambuilt by now, I would like to shorten this round significantly. If the 22nd and 23rd are needed for extensions, please PM me immediately. Either way, I will be putting R3 up at the conclusion of 9/21/12. Please get your matches done.

breh

強いだね
Had a huge bit of hax early in game 1 that saved me at its end, lost to skill on shartruce's part game 2, and then won with a huuuuuuge amount of hax in game 3.

So, essentially haxed my way to victory.

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
confirming, lost 2-1 to breh, there was an untimely early freeze game 1 which made me at a disadvantage, and game 3 i couldn't get a freeze >.< ggs regardless

Got a nifty crit to win game 1 (sorry it had to come to that), won game 2 on a predict. Admire Mike's dedication to stick to his gameplan :')

Fun stuff. Good games!

lost game 1 to a crit and game 2 to a dumb ass move on my part. gg ^_^

Edit: and I didn't make any teams to this, I just had one team with no weather and no entry hazards lol

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Won 2-0 vs X5Dragon in GG's (second one was a bit haxy though, his <pokemon> was a master of dodging and crits). PS wouldn't let me reconnect after I dced in the second match but X5Dragon was kind enough to give me the win cause I was in a pretty commanding position at the point of DC, thanks for being a good sport :).

That was one angry <pokemon> in the second match lol. ggs, just glad I played the matches before my travel. Next time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)