Tournament CAP Metagame Forum Tournament Queue and Tournament Approval Thread

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: SV CAP LC 2023 Tour

Tournament Host(s):
it's ya boi

Tournament Time Frame: Sign-ups May 22nd through the 28th

Host experience: I did a CAP LC Tour before, and I will do it again or so help me (actually please help me)

Tournament Description: It's SV LC, with CAPs. Cawdet will be unbanned for this. Expect shenanigans, the CAP LC Pokemon are way above the power curve this time around. Also, first CAP LC tournament with Saharascal!

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3, replays required
Tournament Banlist: Standard LC Banlist
Tournament Justification: Solotl's design is the only thing that gives me dopamine these days. This is the lukewarm revival of everyone's favorite CAP OM. If you wanted to play LC but with good spinners and Defoggers, here you finally go.

Challenge Code:
/challenge LC@@@ +Brattler +Breezi +Cawdet +Cupra +Dorsoil +Embirch +Fawnifer +Floatoy +Justyke +Miasmite +Monohm +Mumbao +Necturine +Nohface +Pluffle +Privatyke +Protowatt +Rebble +Saharascal +Scratchet +Smogecko +Snugglow +Solotl +Swirlpool +Syclar +Volkritter +Voodoll

Last edited:
Tournament Name: STour CAP II

Tournament Host(s): moi

Tournament Time Frame: Probably when its close to poffs or after for CAPPL as everyone will be busy prepping for the tour.

Host experience: CAP Winter SSNL, BWPL, BW SSNL, SM Cup, BW Cup, RoA side tours and GCs, STours, and so on.

Tournament Description: Bo3 Tournament featuring SV Cap, SS Cap, and SM Cap as the tiers, first tier is SV Cap, loser picks the next tier, similar to STours rules.

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3, SV Cap, SS Cap, SM Cap,

Tournament Banlist: No Banlist changes for the three aforementioned metagames (unless more bans happen for SV then it will be announced).

Tournament Justification: With SV CAP and SV OU being a newer gen everyone wants to go ahead and gain more experience in the tier as much as possible. As for SS and SM CAP, I believe those gens are the more played formats and the more popular among all players. Each of these gens are a solid bo3 format to play in as a lot players for the most part have all started from SM era to current gen.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Tournament Name: STour CAP II

Tournament Host(s): moi

Tournament Time Frame: Probably when its close to poffs or after for CAPPL as everyone will be busy prepping for the tour.

Host experience: CAP Winter SSNL, BWPL, BW SSNL, SM Cup, BW Cup, RoA side tours and GCs, STours, and so on.

Tournament Description: Bo3 Tournament featuring SV Cap, SS Cap, and SM Cap as the tiers, first tier is SV Cap, loser picks the next tier, similar to STours rules.

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3, SV Cap, SS Cap, SM Cap,

Tournament Banlist: No Banlist changes for the three aforementioned metagames (unless more bans happen for SV then it will be announced).

Tournament Justification: With SV CAP and SV OU being a newer gen everyone wants to go ahead and gain more experience in the tier as much as possible. As for SS and SM CAP, I believe those gens are the more played formats and the more popular among all players. Each of these gens are a solid bo3 format to play in as a lot players for the most part have all started from SM era to current gen.
Since there's a stour tour already in our circuit (retro cup) I'm just approving you to host that, we forecasted it to start in august but it might end up being a tad later. we will sort out timeline details

Tournament Name: SV CAP LC 2023 Tour

Tournament Host(s):
it's ya boi

Tournament Time Frame: Sign-ups May 22nd through the 28th

Host experience: I did a CAP LC Tour before, and I will do it again or so help me (actually please help me)

Tournament Description: It's SV LC, with CAPs. Cawdet will be unbanned for this. Expect shenanigans, the CAP LC Pokemon are way above the power curve this time around. Also, first CAP LC tournament with Saharascal!

Tournament Style: Single Elimination Bo3, replays required
Tournament Banlist: Standard LC Banlist
Tournament Justification: Solotl's design is the only thing that gives me dopamine these days. This is the lukewarm revival of everyone's favorite CAP OM. If you wanted to play LC but with good spinners and Defoggers, here you finally go.

Challenge Code:
/challenge LC@@@ +Brattler +Breezi +Cawdet +Cupra +Dorsoil +Embirch +Fawnifer +Floatoy +Justyke +Miasmite +Monohm +Mumbao +Necturine +Nohface +Pluffle +Privatyke +Protowatt +Rebble +Saharascal +Scratchet +Smogecko +Snugglow +Solotl +Swirlpool +Syclar +Volkritter +Voodoll
Approving this to start at some point after cappl. the end of the year might be pretty crowded with tours but we'll let you know a good time to squeeze this in

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Tournament Name: National Dex CAP Tournament

Tournament Hosts: Myself

Host Experience:
  • DPP CAP Tour I’m not using challonge this time
Timeframe: Whenever given permission to host, I understand that there are a few other tournaments in the queue and with the ending of CAPPL soon there’s no reason to rush.

Tournament Description: Standard Double
Elimination in the National Dex format with CAP Pokémon allowed. Replays will be required. Challenge code will be in the OP.

Justification: To guage interest in and potentially develop a metagame that has been unexplored and to my knowledge has had 0 games.

Tournament Name: BW CAP Tournament

Host Experience:
  • DPP CAP Tour I’m not using challonge this time
Timeframe: Whenever given permission to host, I understand that there are a few other tournaments in the queue and with the ending of CAPPL soon there’s no reason to rush.

Elimination in the BW CAP format. Replays will be required.

Justification: Justification: Multiple people have shown interest in the tier in the discord and signing up to CAPPL. With CAPPL coming to a close soon it will be a good opportunity for more players to be introduced and gain practice in the tier for future tournaments.

Last edited:
Tournament Name: SV CAP AAA Tour

Tournament Host(s): Just me unless someone wants to help (which I probably need it)

Tournament Time Frame: Probably early April to early May, depending on the amount who join.

Host experience: None on this site, but I hosted one on the Pokémon DB

Tournament Description: Double Elimination bo3 featuring SV CAP AAA.

Tournament Style: Double Elimination bo3 featuring SV CAP AAA.

Tournament Banlist: Same as AAA and any additional ones from CAP AAA (By the way is there a format for it or do I need to make a custom challenge code, which I will definitely need help with then?)

Tournament Justification: There has been a good amount of interest in CAP AAA in CAP chat as of late. It would be fun. And there also aren’t too many CAP events happening besides official tours too.

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Tournament Name: SM CAP Tournament

Host Experience:
  • DPP and BW CAP
Timeframe: Whenever given permission to host. CL just ended so there’s no reason to rush, it gives people time to derust and enjoy their favorite metagame. :Jumbao:

Elimination in the SM CAP format. Replays will be required.

Justification: It was excluded from CL and is viewed by a large portion of the community as the best CAP generation.

Tournament Name: CAP Homefield Advantage

Host Experience:
  • DPP and BW CAP
Timeframe: Whenever given permission to host. CL just ended so there’s no reason to rush, and it gives players more time to enjoy older metagames.

Elimination starting in the SV CAP format. Then playing whatever generation the losing player signed up with. Replays will be required.

Justification: Gives an opportunity for players interested in playing previous generations but weren’t given the opportunity to be drafted for CAPCL. It also gives the players who did play in CL the advantage of keeping their edge in their preferred format for longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)