CAP 23 CAP 23 - Part 10 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back sprites are done! A couple of tweaks to the colors, outlines, and general appearance have been made as well. Critiques are appreciated as always! :D

As the back sprite shows, I actually gave the big dragon two rows of back spikes like a Stegosaurus, rather than just the one shown in the artwork. This not only adds visual interest to the back sprite, but also provides a comfy space for the tiny dragon to sleep on. <3

EDIT: Edited the shinies; the stripes on the baby are lighter now, so they should hopefully look a bit more clear on the front sprite.
As Reviloja said, the stripes on the shiny's front is pretty bad, the other thing is that the baby dragon's snout is too large

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
ZardX and, to a much smaller extent, Mova, the chest on your sprites seems too big. Not saying the chest is flat, but the majority of the torso area seems to be a round back of sorts. Also, the small dragon seems too big in comparison to the projected dragon in both of your sprites.

Loving everything I'm seeing so far! So glad to see Wyverii back in action as well.

ZardX and, to a much smaller extent, Mova, the chest on your sprites seems too big. Not saying the chest is flat, but the majority of the torso area seems to be a round back of sorts. Also, the small dragon seems too big in comparison to the projected dragon in both of your sprites.

Loving everything I'm seeing so far! So glad to see Wyverii back in action as well.
Thank you Snake rattler! I didn't mean to make the chest so big and inadvertently made the baby dragon a big boy.

Fixed the snoot and outlined the stripes on the baby, made the shoulder flames on the back sprite smaller, and touched up some of the details on the back sprite as well as lifting its right arm up a little to match the front sprite pose. If there aren't any other changes to suggest, this may become my final submission!

Also toyed around with the idea of giving the female a smaller snoot horn on both the smol and the tol one. I know most gender-dimorphic horned animals like antelope tend to have hornless females, but the snoots looked kinda dull when I removed the horns altogether.

Last edited:

Update, got Front, back and shinies kind of ready. Might need touch ups here and there though
I like those, but I feel like they might be a bit too dull? Especially the non-shiny version, it's quite drab colored, maybe a somewhat brighter purple with small highlights of some sort?

Garb, I suggest saturating the regular-colored nightmare projection a bit more. The baby is fine, but the bigger guy looks a bit dull.

Final Submission

From left to right: Male normal front, male shiny front, female normal front, female shiny front. As should be obvious, the front sprites are on the top row, and the back sprites are on the bottom row.

"Don't talk to me or my son/daughter ever again."

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
48 hour warning on this. Let's get moving on this! That being said, if that timing is really inconvenient to you, shoot me a PM and I can do my best to extend it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)